Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

SuddenCactus posted:

What's with the persistent use of Job[blank] with this government? Jobseeker, jobkeeper, jobtrainer and now jobsaver. Is this Morrison using his lovely marketing training?
short answer, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

:cb:

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

Synthbuttrange posted:

Some held 'Freedom from Lockdown' signs and were chanting 'freedom' despite the Byron Shire and many of its neighbouring shires not currently being in lockdown.
lmao

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

i want to see afl fans tear gassed and brutalised by police. i want to see them beaten down and punished viciously for their sins

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

calling the coach of every single afl team, one by one, to demand they personally account for the actions of their wider community on the holy day

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

lol "case attended venue"

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

Phigs posted:

I think the biggest issue with not wearing masks outside is the taking off of the mask itself. It creates a kind of hot zone right outside premises where people are taking them off and doorways (aka chokepoints) are a big vector for spread.
for this reason i no longer step through doorways unless personally invited, like the devil

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

Synthbuttrange posted:

I'm not surprised australia has fallen, it constantly fails to clear even low hurdles.
australia has fallen and it can't get up

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

my dad is antivaxx now and the 8000-word sermons he drops on facebook have to be seen to be believed

transcribing yahoo news with the solemnity and verbiage of the king james bible

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

i'm probably going to die one day because i'll get an iron cross in the mail and instead of interpreting it as a threat, i'll think "secret santa gone awry lol"

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

The Artificial Kid posted:

A friend of mine overheard a chilling conversation a few weeks ago, three people discussing how they'd had their first dose, but they were all going to skip their second dose for different reasons. Apparently one of them said that from their symptoms after the first shot they felt confident they were protected enough.
lol

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

lnp got the message that their voters don't give a gently caress if they massacre indigenous communities with plague again. they must be so relieved. praise jesus

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

my best job was feeding my neighbour's illegal pet kangaroos for $50/week

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

re: jobs chat, being a centrelink phone operator must be even more awful than usual right now. the other day i had to call them and spent eight full minutes in mandatory automated processing hell (including recording my voice print for the fourth time in twelve months) before i was even allowed to progress to the hold music. now they have recordings that tell you sternly that if you abuse them, they'll hang up on you

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

in australia my rear end identifies me

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

Eediot Jedi posted:

Auspol: the crying room was always full.

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

The keg room or walk in fridge typically fulfils the role of the crying room and the employee sex room in hospitality
to charge my batteries before every hospitality shift i used to spend minimum 20 minutes in the walk-in fridge, pretending to be a siberian shaman communing with the spirits in a mountain cave. then the chefs noticed that i was always in there and put a stop to it. i didn't last long after that

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

Cartoon posted:

More like "no vax"

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

bell jar posted:

you've just brought up a deep seated memory that i thought i'd forgotten. so many beer slabs curbstomped like i'd want to do to fuckwit customers

i'm so glad that i don't work in hospo anymore
i somehow lasted two years in hospitality and i don't know how. the chefs figured out on my first shift that the slightest provocation would make me erupt in shrieks like a wounded rabbit and basically used me as a human stress ball, but somehow i kept going back. i couldn't do it now

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

dad says sky news told him "nsw will be down to zero cases in a few weeks"

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

Animal Friend posted:

What does the CIA tell him through his teeth?
the cia have nothing to say to him, but his spirit guide st germaine keeps telling him he's a reincarnated viking warlord

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

beet's ketamine and koolaid kommune

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

seven news trumpeted they found the man who'd taken cleo, posted his photos and public information for everyone to use as they will, and he's a) indigenous and b) the wrong guy

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

i'm convinced half these people just have a needle phobia they don't want to admit to, manifesting in extraordinary behaviour

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

bert newton was lowtax

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

norp posted:

Not all of those participating in politics are aware of "the grid"

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

at this point the cossack australian community could take canberra if they really wanted to

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

look im just gonna say it. no more failed priests. in politics in media in anything gently caress em all off theyre all loving weirdos

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

gently caress the license, the internet should be abolished and every australian child spend their summer holidays doing unpaid internships for entertainment, information and connection

mahershalalhashbaz fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Feb 8, 2022

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

lol if scomo starts trying to pander to trump's "he just says whatever he wants, he doesn't give a gently caress" core and we finally get to see the monster within

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

Synthbuttrange posted:

Hey these arent the usual protesters! This is a very welcome change.
lol

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

all the wetlands are dry and duck numbers are at a record low but they're still doing a duck shooting season!

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

BrigadierSensible posted:

Will it gain him sympathy? Will it finally be the thing that humanizes him, and makes his seem less slimy and fake in public? Will it wipe the smug grin from his stupid face, and thus make him more likable?
if he dies, yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

MysticalMachineGun posted:

He'll act like it's no big deal which will play to the anti-vax crowd only. You've got to remember he only has two modes, big strong tough guy and daggy dad and neither are remotely realistic
lol i read this post thinking you were referring to putin and then hit "daggy dad" and was like what