Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Solemn Sloth posted:

I’m glad we have such a wealth of expert knowledge in auspol, although it does make me question why we even need bodies like the AHPPC and ATAGI. Abolish them and just give premiers a copy of the monthly word cloud as their public health advice.

word cloud

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

BBJoey posted:

this idea has promise

you have promise

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Muyb has fallen.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

He is now a Swans supporter.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

At least Tim Smith isn’t a member.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Vic Govt's payment for people having to isolate due to being a close contact or waiting for a test result really helped to increase the testing rates for casuals. NSW hasn't put up anything similar have they?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

they're gonna lock the borders again. hard vic.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

kirbysuperstar posted:

If Bolt/Jones/Credlin want their lung turns to liquid as they drown on dry land, that's their choice but they shouldn't drag everyone else into it

they've been vaxxed though. they don't care about those who haven't.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

That was all of them last year

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Laserface posted:

hes a Sky news presenter and gross piece of poo poo so mock the death of all his children imo.

This is loving lovely.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Eediot Jedi posted:

Take the beet approach and go for volume.

:catstare:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Solemn Sloth posted:

Wasn’t that also laserface?

wasn't that crepeface?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Crossposting from ausgbs

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

perepelki posted:

i asked my gp about getting vaccinated yesterday. they said they can't put me up for pfizer because i'm 30 and my immune clotting disorder is not on the official contraindications list, but in my doctor's opinion it should be on the list, and, just between us, i was under no circumstances to get astrazeneca. i asked the scary tv ad what i should do, but it offered me no answers, only the warning that soon i will suffocate and it will be my fault

Your doctor could be less of a dweeb and just give it to you in that case.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Open Source Idiom posted:

Dude's a bit of a private school poo poo. He ran for student office largely on the promise of providing a rickshaw taxi service on campus, and spent every lunch for two weeks personally ferrying people up and down Eastern Avenue.

IIRC, when asked who'd actually be carrying people around should his policy go through, he said the international students would do it, "because they're used to it." He didn't last long after that.

he'll have a bright future with the liberal party

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Looking at the exposure sites, it seems someone drove down to Barwon Heads to visit the football club, went to officeworks and an Apco.

Just the dumbest poo poo. Had to be someone "just going for a drive to the beach". Now there are three tier two contact sites 80km out of Melbourne.

And I know that Apco, it's huge and incredibly busy.

:sigh:

nah. apparently the teacher who lives in geelong, got it from their friend in the maribyrnong apartments and spread it to the school in bacchus marsh (where they work).

this teacher it the same person who went to the game at the mcg and spread it to two others.

one of those is a friend who lives in barwon heads.

so it's not just one person on a road trip but actually two people in the geelong region, but traced back ultimately to the NSW removalists who were at those maribyrnong apartments.

but that first teacher, has potentially spread it to a school of 2500 students and 2000 contacts at the mcg in the space of two days.

hambeet fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Jul 15, 2021

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Konomex posted:

Can we have some of what you're smoking Hambeet, to get us through these lockdowns, because we all know children can't catch or spread Covid. Scumo told me so.

well I'll have scomo tell that to the 9yo from st patricks primary murrumbeena who may have infected his class mates. he was the other case to catch it at the mcg.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i think someone asked gladys yesterday (?) why they don't get the list off victoria

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hey konomex. there's at least 5 schools now with kids as confirmed cases in vic

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

As a society I think we need to do more through interstitial version updates between major upgrades. I will not be taking questions on what this means

i think it means u suck mal.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

BrigadierSensible posted:

Also, maybe these are probably new rules for hotel quarantine, but when I flew back into Aus. from Seoul last year, (I did my 14 days free hotel quarantine in Sydney), there was none of this "Knock then wait 30 seconds and come out wearing a mask" stuff. The meals were delivered outside the door, and the person delivering them knocked once, and moved on to the next room. Hotel staff were all wearing masks during any interaction, but that is bog standard these days.

I'm pretty sure I would have collected my breakfast in my undies more than once, but I was doing it because I am a lazy bastard, and not as a political statement against the communist fascist sjw cucks like Ms. Hopkins seems to think she is doing.

For Vic in April / Mmay this year, my brother in law came back from Spain and he was tested every 3 days. He had to put on mask, unlock the door, stand back against the wall and wait for them to enter and test and not move till they left.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Eediot Jedi posted:

Scott this is not what Dan meant when he said treat covid like a fire that's not out.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Capt.Whorebags posted:

ALP need to run wall to wall advertising with Frydenberg calling the state “whingers” and pushing the PM for Sydney line.

Make them fight for every seat.

"now is not the time to play politics"

the alp don't have a spine they wouldn't do anything like that

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

When they ask for your GP just list the clinic you go to the most frequently. If they want an actual name just give them one you can remember. All your poo poo is on file it’s no big deal, but ideally stick with the one clinic where possible if you want some continuity of care.

If it’s just for a med cert lol it doesn’t matter where you go.

I think this is what that my health record was sort of meant to address too? Idk enough about it though, outside of the initial privacy panic everyone had on here.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

kirbysuperstar posted:

Sounds like it's a drinking night

that's every night

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

stoked for a longer lockdown from a super spreader at todays melb lockdown protest

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Solemn Sloth posted:

Agree to create an anti-corruption body in the election campaign and then just not do it, repeat in another 3 years.

gotta give them another term to do it tho

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Eediot Jedi posted:

oof

I don't mean this as vector for VIC Vs NSW chat but anyone remember what compliance rates they expected from VIC to beat the original strain?

i don't remember a number or compliance rate being spoken about. i know there was some talk of compliance at the beginning, but i don't remember it being portrayed as big as it is in nsw. though my memory could be wrong. last year was weird

but i dont remember dan getting angry every day nor a cop standing up at the same presser and listing off all the type of infringements they were handing out whilst half erect. what they did do was finally work out that it was the casuals and others in insecure work that were not getting tested nor staying home when they felt unwell. so they put in payments to support those people to stay home in those situations. of course there were a bunch of other controls in place at the same time so you can't easily pin it on one single factor, but considering the spread (back then and now) is occurring in industries and workplaces that use a lot of casuals it's quite an obvious gap.

so i feel that relying on compliance and enforcement alone is not really a solution that's going to deliver quickly, if at all.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

freebooter posted:

One of the things I thought was an issue with this - and I don't think it was ever addressed or solved - was that it's ignorant of the fact that it's not just about lost wages for casual, insecure workers. It's all well and good for the government to comp your paycheque for a fortnight, but you might then find you're not being given shifts again on the other side of that.

maybe, but we don't really know if it was issue either. i do recall seeing something about it being really hard to find and train new staff mid pandemic in the abattoirs, cold storage, logistics, etc

anecdotally i know (2nd or 3rd degree removed) people at the 2x bertocchi outbreaks and none of the casuals there lost their jobs, even though management are generally assholes and tried to hide from staff that there had been confirmed cases on the other shift.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Laserface posted:

Gonzo is in bed with the business sector. She won't do any more than the bare minimum required at the time to keep businesses running.

We had someone infectious in our office for two whole weeks and they had people back at work after a day of cleaning.

This is business first health and safety third.

you'd think closing for a day to clean every now and then would be more costly than missing one or two staff for a couple of days or at worst a week or so?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

you'd think a prolonged lockdown would be worse for business than a couple of uppity casuals not having to be your wage slaves for a couple of days or at worst a week or so?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

JBP posted:

My dad is 1a and I care for him. They got me to sign a declaration but then I just took it home with me because the next station didn't ask for it lol. Really higgledy piggledy you could do whatever and get away with it.

Keep it to take to the second appt. I've heard you can be pressed about your eligibility at the second as well.

They didn't take my eligibility declaration either, though they did ask the onsite doctor to come over and verify my 'pre-existing medical condition' I was stating I had before they let me get the good juice.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Eediot Jedi posted:

Oh poo poo regional vic open from 11:59 tonight. Unexpected.

noice.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

might go out for dinner tomorrow night.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

no i'm unfairly poo poo stirring. poo poo's hosed.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

KennyTheFish posted:

I am conflicted on mandatory vaccinations. I agree everyone should get one, and all methods to encourage or bribe deployed. But mandating it, or saying your existing job and means of support depends on taking a medical procedure makes me very uneasy. Can it be called informed consent if you can't withhold that consent without consequences?

I understand the risk profile, and the public health aspect. But informed consent to medical procedures being a big red line was drawn with a lot of blood and suffering.

yes it can. you've been informed you're consenting.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

we're a right to vaccinate state.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

no jab no pay