Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

https://junkee.com/scott-morrison-spotify/300320

Someone found Scomos spotify account and its got some gold in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Solemn Sloth posted:

The federal government is absolutely going to say gently caress you let er rip to anyone who permanently can’t get vaccinated. States might be a bit less death culty but I wouldn’t put money on it

and then just like that, in a few months, australia was 100% vaccinated!

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Sierra Madre posted:

The problem with the Scott Morrison Spotify story is that even his "surprising" picks are not that surprising. Oh no, he put a song from 1992 in a playlist for songs from the seventies, drat, call a spill right now. It would have been more entertaining if we found out he listens to Death in June.

It was more funny to me that he listens to Midnight Oil

also country chill and 'how good is oz rock by scomo'

and seeing all the fuckin hillsong youth artists that dress like they just walked off the set of a Target catalog shoot.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

woofbro posted:

I’m sorry, but the playlist articles is the click bait I engage in most!

I’d say it has a lot to do with Obama, like he still makes playlists that get some notoriety. Difference was Obama had cool bands play his campaign tour willingly. Not your old presidents who probably listen to yacht rock or Trump who playing Born in the USA with Springsteen then threatening to push charges for improper use.

It doesn’t work with Scotty because his relatability is your typical Triple M/WSFM programming, with Midnight Oil as his left field. Even his classical playlist doesn’t really do much with variations. I guess this never meant to be public.

Make me think Albo should get back into DJing for his campaign trail instead of showing face every record store day.

Dont you dare speak another bad word of yacht rock

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I literally just text my boss and say 'not comin in today' and he says "OK"

as long as its not a friday, monday, or two days in a row, he doesnt ask for a docs cert

I have a reasonably good relationship with my boss.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

The error was the indigenous kids got it

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

they bet the fuckin farm on 'lets just hold off lockdown until school holidays because that might make ppl compliant and then open 'er up' and it has failed catastrophically.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

its absolutely incredible that the NSW opposition is given zero coverage at all.

not that anyone knows who the loving leader is or who they are or why they exist.

this could absolutely undo gladys' election chances if there was any reasonable attempt and unbiased coverage in the media but lol

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

They only come in here to defend the fed/nsw gov whenever it gets spicy, just ignore them.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

hooman posted:

Kevin '27

Also lol that we're in 2021, and now have 29 years to totally decarbonise and we're still building fossil fuel plants.

If anything Corona has thoroughly proved our inability to react effectively and in a coordinated fashion to save ourselves.

id argue Climate Change proved that first.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

realbez posted:

What the gently caress is this?

hes a Sky news presenter and gross piece of poo poo so mock the death of all his children imo.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

no.

hes a piece of poo poo and hes a murdoch mouth piece. dig the kid up and kill it again.

e: yall wasting energy feeling sorry for someone who is doing whatever it takes to the make the country a more miserable place. sometimes its OK to give it back.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Laserface fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Jul 13, 2021

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Centusin posted:

On the topic of ruined plans, it's a shame 18,000 Australians had their plans to return to Australia this year ruined because Victoria, Queensland and WA made a push for the arrival cap to be slashed. Still amazes me that Australians continue to have zero sympathy for anybody that happened to be overseas at the time this began.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/europe...ox=1626226978-1

Also remember how this NSW outbreak started because of a guy that drove the crew from a freight plane?

can you stop sucking Scomos dick for 5 seconds, look at the data and realise 'this is all the feds fault' because these posts are getting tiresome.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

The thing is we are all human and will make mistakes because no one is perfect and being asymptomatic is a problem.

this is where the lockdown comes in and should be used to control peoples movements except you have all these bullshit ifs and buts and loopholes that are clearly exploitable within the letter of the law rather than the spirit.

I hope vic locks down for a week or two, full guns blazing, nothing open, dictator dan style, squashes it then looks at NSW and says 'TOLD YOU SO'

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Tommunist posted:

hes meting resin in it

its for warhammer, isn't it?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Australias larrikin culture cannot exist without authority. we thrive on authority.

its the exact same reason why the covid restrictions need to be absolute. you just end up with fuckwits finding loopholes to exploit because we love getting the better of authority. we want to simultaneously skirt the laws while also throwing the loving book at anyone who breaks them.

it is in our fuckin genetics. it is our reason for being. we exist to be smart arses.

the tweet about a list of rules that are OK for me to break and a list of rules that other people should be murdered for, with some overlap on the lists, is the most accurate 140 characters ever spoken about australian culture.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Solemn Sloth posted:

lol

https://www.ibac.vic.gov.au/media-r...-september-2020

IBAC found that when responding to someone having a mental health episode VicPol:

Failed to tell the person why they are being detained
Verbally abused him
Didn’t have body cameras active
Ran over him with their patrol car
Kerb-stomped his head
Lied about the force used
Failed to provide appropriate post-incident care

And none of that constitutes unlawful behaviour

Just loving outstanding

is it illegal behaviour though?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Centusin posted:

Story is a few days old but it's weird that all these non-citizens came into the country, brought covid with them and nobody cared

https://thewest.com.au/news/coronavirus/us-soldiers-in-nt-declared-close-contacts-c-3399336.amp

Pretty cool that Queensland was demanding that arrival caps be cut while making space for foreign troops to quarantine in Brisbane hotels.

can qld demand you be cut (from the thread)

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

NPR Journalizard posted:

This country is hosed and deserves what it gets.

Even after the massive ongoing fuckup that is the rona response
Even after massive rorts like car parks and sports slush funds
Even after all this poo poo, its still 53-47%

dont forgetting the multiple accusations of rape against several sitting members of parliament.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Centusin posted:

Just start a campaign encouraging everyone in the area to get an AZ shot, and Pfizer can remain the preferred option for young people in other states.

They did this already lol

Its actually cool and good that the public are now actively not taking AZ shots on principle. gently caress the government, gently caress them very hard.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

kirbysuperstar posted:

You're.. Not wrong. My anxiety has been whack throughout this. Are CBD gummies still "illegal"?

I brought about 500G back from hawaii in my checked baggage without any issues.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Zenithe posted:

If Christensen gets covid he will almost definitely die.

Fingers crossed

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

"Old people" is a pretty apt analysis of how we ended up here, if a little broad.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

the first time I have seen labor in the news in maybe months and its to remind us that they are still spineless sacks of poo poo that can get in the bin and get hosed

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/labor-dumps-negative-gearing-backs-tax-cuts-20210726-p58cxs.html

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

just crossposting from the gbs thread:

someone was infectious in my office, on a different floor/dept of the building, for 2 weeks. I was in the office on 2 separate occasions.

we got told last week, on thursday.
I went and got tested friday.
I got a negative result saturday.
today, HR emailed to say that nsw health had given the office the all clear with a list of close contacts being anyone on the same floor as the person, and casual contact as anyone in the building. again, NSW healths own directives given to our HR.

it was only TODAY that 'gold standard' contract tracers called me to inform me i was a 'close contact'. they were asking me to tell them what day I was in the office even though i checked in with the nsw service app. they also didnt know how to spell the nsw health email address, or even how to structure an email address when telling someone over the phone what it is, nor did they have any idea about the email/info HR had already given us which was from nsw health.

Apparently i cannot leave my house now, for any reason. I will be randomly checked on via facetime and if i dont answer, cops will be sent to my house.

I went to several different shops over the weekend so good job on getting in touch with all those 'close contacts' to tell them to isolate for 14 days.

no wonder this poo poo is out of control.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

cant remember which thread I posted it in but we also are the primary NSW DC for our business and we work in food logistics.

there is over 200 staff at our facility. trucks going interstate daily. good poo poo.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Animal Friend posted:

Palmer going international with the members for Manilla and Independent State of Croatia.

Some real political heavyweights.

the Fat oval office Party

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

freebooter posted:

One of the things I thought was an issue with this - and I don't think it was ever addressed or solved - was that it's ignorant of the fact that it's not just about lost wages for casual, insecure workers. It's all well and good for the government to comp your paycheque for a fortnight, but you might then find you're not being given shifts again on the other side of that.

Anyway this is way more catastrophic than the Victoria situation, we may have hit 700+ at one point but at least we started to see numbers turn around a couple of incubation periods later. NSW is now on more than a month and the numbers are just going up and up. Now is the time to throw everything you have at it: cash handouts for individuals, huge fines for businesses flouting restrictions, night curfew, 5km radius for the entire city, loving everything.

Gonzo is in bed with the business sector. She won't do any more than the bare minimum required at the time to keep businesses running.

We had someone infectious in our office for two whole weeks and they had people back at work after a day of cleaning.

This is business first health and safety third.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

hooman posted:

While I do like the honest government ads Juice Media do, I miss their "rap news".

was it the same people? I know its the same name but the BtS they did a few months back showing how they make the ads suggests they have only ever done these.

Rational Fear are good too

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I would rather lose a week here or there than what is very likely going to be an entire 4-6 months of my life during my favourite time of the year to do things you fuckin idiot Gladys.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Solemn Sloth posted:

Vic,SA and Qld should go in on a big loving wall together, machine guns, anti-air, moat with crocs, the lot

Blaming Sydney is a pretty Scomo thing to do.

Blame Scomos lovely hotel quarantine and vaccine rollout.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

MikeJF posted:

Vaccine rollout is why we're still vulnerable. Hotel quarantine is how it escaped. Being unable to bring it back down after it escapes? That's all on Sydney's lovely full-of-holes lockdown.

While I fully agree we have dogshit lockdown at the moment, the measures in place last year did a lot better against the weaker OG variant.

it was two weeks too late and it was extremely pigheaded to think that we could treat delta the same way.

I dont understand why they decided that scaling up the measures was a better method than going full lockdown immediately and then winding things back as it gets under control. thats what worked last year.

My point is, and was, that blaming NSW government for what is the result of non existent or extremely poor federal policy is exactly what Scomo wants people to do, to deflect from his incompetence.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

MikeJF posted:

They both need blame in post-mortem, but the thing is, Gladys is the one who is continuing to be the fuckup right now when she needs not to be, and the one would be able to fix stuff at this current stage if she stopped being a fuckup, so that's where the attention is going at this second.

gently caress Post mortem, hang both of them from the loving harbour bridge today.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Yeah its not really unreasonable to not want AZ when you have a low risk profile.

all you are doing is helping the government achieve their made up goal of 70% of the eligible population (which is 50% of the population) vaccinated. once we hit that they will fully open 'er up and let 'er rip. make no mistake.

Im working from home, Im getting groceries delivered and im really only going outside to do exercise.

I dont feel like doing the bulk of the work on this uni group assignment so that scomo and gladys can get all smug about how well they handled the Delta outbreak. You want credit? do your fuckin job.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Aware posted:

Probably need more public figures to step up and say they got AZ cause all most people have seen is clot death news and now cunts who got Pfizer telling them to get AZ. It's a sentiment I've seen in my partners family at least.

What would be great is if there was political representatives that were under 40 to set the example.

and ya know, just in general.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

JBP posted:

My dad is 1a and I care for him. They got me to sign a declaration but then I just took it home with me because the next station didn't ask for it lol. Really higgledy piggledy you could do whatever and get away with it.

seems to be that the vaccinators are aware of the bullshit around the rollout and aren't gonna ask questions if someone is presenting to get a vaccine. been plenty of reports of vaccination hubs taking walk-ins at the end of the day.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

hooman posted:

Has anyone discussed what they're going to do about like children? Are we going to start vaccinating them too, or are we just going to accept that covid is going to hospitalise a bunch of kids.

Anyone under 40 doesnt have a bright future anyway, best they die now lest they have a taste of some of the luxuries of the modern world only to have it stripped away by climate change/resource wars/ultra covid in the next few years.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

BrigadierSensible posted:

Whilst I know the actual and depressing answer:

Is NSW Labor doing anything, anything at all to take advantage of Gladys's gently caress ups?

Coz surely, even in the desolate plague ridden hellscape that is NSW, she must be losing popularity. So a half decent opposition would at least try to capitalize on this yeah?

I couldnt even tell you who the NSW labor leader is right now.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

freebooter posted:

This is my opinion of him as a Victorian too. I can forgive you for your mistakes, even if they get hundreds of people killed, if you... well, not admit to them, no politician will do that, but demonstrate that you learned from them and are changing your policy as a result. Compared to Gladys.

If Gladys came out tomorrow and announced a state wide lockdown for 2 weeks with the only things open being servos super markets and chemists and showed even the political version of admission of failure, It would go a loooong way. She's a human. A lovely LNP human, but a human all the same. Humans make mistakes. Accepting that you failed and learning from it is good. Pretending like you have the toughest lockdown of any state ever when you can still go to Bunnings and the reject shop and making the path out of lockdown the responsibility of the public and victim blaming people for not taking vaccines they can't loving get is pissing off everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

ClubsNSW is hosed because clubs in it are 'not for profit' but will also have like 200 pokies in what is classified as a 'small' club.

I worked for one of the club conglom's for a while and its pretty disgusting how much of the revenue gets spent on making the club bigger/better/generating more income to spend on itself.