Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Tommunist posted:

Just had the first jab and imo we should open up the country

Not so fast Mister Morrison

https://www.theage.com.au/world/europe/one-jab-of-astrazeneca-pfizer-barely-inhibits-delta-variant-20210709-p58885.html

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Paul Murray lost his son but he should have lost some weight.

What the gently caress is this?

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Laserface posted:

hes a Sky news presenter and gross piece of poo poo so mock the death of all his children imo.

i don’t know or care who he is, I strongly disagree

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Laserface posted:

no.

hes a piece of poo poo and hes a murdoch mouth piece. dig the kid up and kill it again.

e: yall wasting energy feeling sorry for someone who is doing whatever it takes to the make the country a more miserable place. sometimes its OK to give it back.

I think you should have a look at yourself mr laserface

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Launchpad McQuack posted:

We were sold a bunch of lies from state premiers and CMOs that this can be eliminated. The population believed it. We aren't world leaders, we are better than any country, we have had our head up our so far up our arse and now it is gonna come around to bite us in the arse. Aussie are about to get a sorely needed lesson in the facts of life. We are gonna go through this year what the rest of the world went through last year. We are kidding ourselves if we think otherwise.

I think we're just gonna lockdown instead of that

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Comstar posted:

VIC is going to be back in lockdown by Monday.

I hope those who chose not to bother getting their JAB are reconsidering it.

Stop it

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

.......??? Sorry dont read this thread enough to know whose what so I'm presuming some sort of good faith reply is best

Haha nice one

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Centusin posted:

On the topic of ruined plans, it's a shame 18,000 Australians had their plans to return to Australia this year ruined because Victoria, Queensland and WA made a push for the arrival cap to be slashed. Still amazes me that Australians continue to have zero sympathy for anybody that happened to be overseas at the time this began.

Also remember how this NSW outbreak started because of a guy that drove the crew from a freight plane?

Gladys you don’t have to post here nobody reads this forum

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
No it hasn’t been free for a long time. It’s like $3000 or more

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Eediot Jedi posted:

I haven't been paying attention to Morrison, how many buses has he thrown Gladys under?

He seems to be in hiding again

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
My regular GP is Dr First Available

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Comstar posted:

Who could possibly have foreseen this

Well I hope those people who decided not to partake are still not infected in 8-12 weeks for their 2nd shot. I do have sympathy for those who were blocked from getting their jab despite wanting to get it.

The medical advice changed because the risk profile changed, and only in Sydney. Makes sense? Following medical advice rather than goons melting down seems like a good idea to me.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
How was the protest wizard master?

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Konomex posted:

70% of the eligible population doesn't include people below a certain age and people who can't have it - equating to about 50% of the population apparently. A number that is noticeably not high enough for herd immunity.

Gladys and Morrison are essentially telling people to get vaxxed because they intend to let it rip like the US and UK who are instituting lockdown measures to help their hospital systems cope.

This is exactly what I think is going to happen. They’re going to let it rip at 70% of adults and I’m going to keep my kids at home while cases build to hundreds, maybe thousands a day, and children get pummelled by it.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Launchpad McQuack posted:

what do you want people from overseas to do? Sit in their house crying for years on end because they lost a loved on? Are they meant to sit around mourning the loss of everyone who died in their country? Am I guess a majority of people in those countries didn't actually lose anyone? Why should they be sad and not enjoying themselves. Aussie and bootlickers and cowards, look what we are doing to any Aussie coming home. All because our population are cowards. It is disgusting.

What a moronic comment. Life goes on dude.

gently caress you!

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Skipped the 700s, nice one

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Eediot Jedi posted:

Someone said it ITT the other day along with NSW pulling their exposure sites list.

Also,

I reckon they're just trying to make me look like an idiot. :mad:

Your posting does that just fine!

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Tommunist posted:

I give it 10 days before they hit 2k day

Victoria?

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

teacup posted:

Hey bad thread. I don’t care about any of you except muyb, hope you’re well mate and as much as I hate to say it go the dees and hope you have an enjoyable finals series.

Wow rude

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Solemn Sloth posted:

It’s honestly amazing that they’re loosening restrictions when the rate of change is still going up on day 70+

Gladys says we have to live alongside it and that’s what we’re gonna do

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Eediot Jedi posted:

There was an article about research that suggested long-covid is caused by a reactivation of a dormant virus present in 95% of the population the other day. The virus was Epstein-Bsomething?

But hoooboy (no relation to hooman) what a gamble letting rip will be. Thanks Gladys, Scott.

Epstein Barr? It’s a herpes virus that most of us have/have had that causes glandular fever among other unpleasant things.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Tommunist posted:

Realbz get back on discord we miss you

Im on a fast paced posting holiday

Senor Tron posted:

With the vaccine being approved for all 12 and up does that mean they are now included in the 80% target?

Doctor on abc radio just said no. Those figures are 16 and up only.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
It will work, he is the champion of the people. He wants us to be free! Nobody remembers the bungled vaccine rollout or anything else before yesterday

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
They’ve done everything except (and they aren’t alone) prepare the hospital system adequately for an outbreak. We’ve all only had two years to get our hospitals ready. Oh well, what else could have been done?

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

droll posted:

So is the answer yes or no? Sounds like no?

The answer is no but we’re all going to be getting boosters anyway

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
They’ll say they had a pre existing condition and were unvaccinated so nothing to worry about

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

JBP posted:

Eh not really. Andrews doesn't do every single one, but they still hold the conference and send out Weimar, CHO, etc with another politician.

Is she cancelling the presser or just not attending herself?

They’re stopping altogether

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

abigserve posted:

I don't know how people don't go off at these guys. I know they won't ever listen but it would be so cathartic unloading a years worth of pent up common-sense into them

They will punch you, op

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

CrazyTolradi posted:

Is it that hard to understand that people are inclined to protest about losing their jobs and being locked in their homes for 7 months?

Watching their children suffer, isolated from their friends.

The wonder is that millions are not protesting.

*hits u with a rolled up newspaper*

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Breach of quarantine

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Can’t wait to take my mask off and get plastered with hundreds of other people and spend the whole night shaking hands and hugging and putting my tongue in their mouths

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Illuminti posted:

Luckily for us 12-15 year olds are going great on getting vaccinated especially compared to their elders. Probably because they're not on facebook.

https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/news/Pages/20211013_00.aspx

They've only been eligible for about 2 and half months

This is great, but I keep seeing their good uptake getting attributed to them being smarter than their elders. They probably are, but they’re getting jabbed faster because there’s no need to be hesitant about AZ anymore, there is no supply issue anymore, and their parents are taking them to get jabbed ASAP. 12-15 year olds don’t make their own medical decisions

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Lolie posted:

NSW is currentlty sitting at 77.80% double dosed, which pretty much guarantees it will hit 80% on the weekend. Dom better hurry up and decide whether he's going to delay regional travel or not.

He just did, and it’s a no

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Phigs posted:

I saw Idiocracy for the first time last week and oh man. I thought when people said it was a pro-eugenics movie they meant if you dug deep into the subtext it was a bit problematic. But nope, movie might as well have had the narrator turn to the camera and implore us to murder the poor before their inferior genes overwhelm and infect the gene pool.

I love this post

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

realbez fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Nov 2, 2021

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

swimsuit posted:

what happens in 6 months when vaccine efficacy wanes?

We get boosters?

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

:eyepop:

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

JBP posted:

Young white men are absolute using "how good is" as an unironic nod to scomo who they think is a ripper legend.

I don’t believe you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Kazzah posted:

My housemate started saying it whenever something good happened for him in a boardgame, and now I can't stop saying it

Because you think scomo is a legend