Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Do we have some ring times yet? R34 GTR or whatever. Give it a rip, I'll do one right now I'm hungover as gently caress.

Sippin my ceasar on the back straight.

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Dec 11, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

zedprime posted:

I just started playing Kingmaker and it is a perfect tabletop simulation of playing with a slightly petulant DM who thinks the game is about winning against players.

Oh, just you wait. The combat difficulty isn't the problem. Wait until kingdom management starts throwing poo poo at you.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Valko posted:

Oh, just you wait. The combat difficulty isn't the problem. Wait until kingdom management starts throwing poo poo at you.

It's been on my list for a while but I never pull the trigger on it. IDK, maybe one day.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

just did an 8:38 hungover AF (full lap not tourist)

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Dec 11, 2021

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I just bought Valheim a few days ago. Not sure why, I've never heard of it until I saw it. I probably won't play it, as is tradition.

I played maybe an hour of it or so. I'm not a fan. There is zero guidance on what to do. I'm not a fan of open world sandbox games but for some reason I figured this one would at least have quests or have a tutorial to get you started and it had none of that.

So... are there any simple RPGs out there that are nice? One's that don't have you fill your inventory with 100 items due to the crafting system where there are 5,000 recipes you have to figure out?

I like the D&D fantasy stuff. The last RPG I played was WoW where I was really into it for a few months but I stopped playing a few months ago. I don't have the patience for it. Then the remastered Neverwinter Nights before that. But I got bored with that, as is tradition. I like the idea of Skyrim but I get overwhelmed with side quests and stuff. A first/third person one would be nice but I guess it doesn't matter.

So yeah, any casual RPGs out there?

edit: last one I played was D2: Resurrected. I got to Hell with my skellymancer but got bored again since it's just repeating itself and trying to get impossible items. Started a few new classes and it's just the same thing over and over again.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Dec 11, 2021

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I feel you on crafting bullshit and arbitrary open worlds but the world has largely left us behind and you need to put on crafting or inventory blinders or play JRPGs.

Going down my steam list

State of Decay 2 is pretty tightly directed despite being an open world survival RPG and its less "oh god so much to craft" and more "here's what I need next, ok lets go get it."

Victor Vran is a great Gauntlet style sort of action RPG

The Kingdoms of Amalur remaster is maybe for this as its still open but you can kind of just completionist attack zones across the map. I dunno, maybe that would be too open and distracting.

Dungeon Siege 3 is underappreciated because of its tight scope

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

the new Titan Quest expansion adds controller support for PC, it owns

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

I played maybe an hour of it or so. I'm not a fan. There is zero guidance on what to do. I'm not a fan of open world sandbox games but for some reason I figured this one would at least have quests or have a tutorial to get you started and it had none of that.

So... are there any simple RPGs out there that are nice? One's that don't have you fill your inventory with 100 items due to the crafting system where there are 5,000 recipes you have to figure out?

I like the D&D fantasy stuff. The last RPG I played was WoW where I was really into it for a few months but I stopped playing a few months ago. I don't have the patience for it. Then the remastered Neverwinter Nights before that. But I got bored with that, as is tradition. I like the idea of Skyrim but I get overwhelmed with side quests and stuff. A first/third person one would be nice but I guess it doesn't matter.

So yeah, any casual RPGs out there?

edit: last one I played was D2: Resurrected. I got to Hell with my skellymancer but got bored again since it's just repeating itself and trying to get impossible items. Started a few new classes and it's just the same thing over and over again.

This is probably a stupid question but have you played Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic? Avoid the sequel, it's not very good even with the restored content mods. Chris Avellone fanboys be damned, every time he gets writers block he tries to hide it by writing in cryptic crossword clues, eg. Fallout:NV Lonesome Road.

I just googled Chris to see what he's up too.
https://www.denofgeek.com/games/chris-avellone-sexual-misconduct-allegations/
FFS, the first I heard of this. That has just ruined New Vegas for me, one of my favourite games. :(

Or you could try Exiled Kingdoms. It's an old school ARPG. I only played it for a few hours but it was pretty good and very cheap.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I have played KOTOR. Way back when it came out. That was a great game. I'm not really looking for an ARPG like Diablo or Titan Quest. However it looks like I own the TQ Anniversary Edition and have never played it. I should probably check that out sometime.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I started playing Control last night cuz I saw it on gamepass and I am thoroughly enjoying it (plus I need some stuff to flex nuts with this RTX).

Glad that Remedy hasn't gone down the Blizzard path or some poo poo like that.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

MrQwerty posted:

I started playing Control last night cuz I saw it on gamepass and I am thoroughly enjoying it (plus I need some stuff to flex nuts with this RTX).

Glad that Remedy hasn't gone down the Blizzard path or some poo poo like that.

Sam Lake tortures the interns

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Yeah, by doing his Max Payne face.

I've been playing a bunch of RDR2 this weekend, and it's top-tier cowboying so far.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Steam Sale started today, go buy more games you won't play!

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

MrQwerty posted:

I'm getting towards the end of Control and it's been awesome. I hope you enjoy it.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

might give my non-LHR 3070 a lil break from mining and play control tonight

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

My current rotation is Blasphemous, Animal Crossing, and Luck Be a Landlord.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
I was trying to beat Blasphemous without a guide and those side quests make Dark Souls side content seem easy in comparison. At 88.87% and 97% of map so far. Amazing game, cannot recommend enough.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

numberoneposter posted:

might give my non-LHR 3070 a lil break from mining and play control tonight

Stop mining ya dickhead

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I am playing Xenogears on the Pony Slaystation 2.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

neato burrito posted:

Way ahead of ya.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

I'm trying and failing to play SD Gundam GX on an emulator (I have the cartridge) and it's been about a year since playing cyberpunk 2077, it's pretty to look at sometimes, hopefully upon opening it again all the problems will be fixed. I don't know what games I own besides those any more, haven't had much time for games this year. Do board games count?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

im almost done max payne 3 but its been equal parts rad and equal parts bad, like this dumb rear end boss fight in a police station and i gotta shoot the ceiling tiles to get the bad guy in classic three stage boss fight and also enemies insta spawn

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
poo poo I forgot I have Control from PS+ ages ago.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Aveh is one of the coolest cities in a JRPG ever.

imperiusdamian
Dec 8, 2021

neato burrito posted:

Done. :P

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Any good hauls from the Steam Sale?

I just bought Halo Wars Definitive Edition for $6.99 (65% off). I'm a sucker for base building RTS's. Also Kingdom Come for $8.99 (70% off).

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

just beat max payne 3. id give it 8/10. when its good its good. but the on rails shooting sections are stupid and so are some of the levels that basically force you into playing a cover shooter but when it opens up and you can be like a in a john woo movie its great though.

im trying to sell CS:GO skins to buy cyber punk game or WRC10

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Any good hauls from the Steam Sale?

I just bought Halo Wars Definitive Edition for $6.99 (65% off). I'm a sucker for base building RTS's. Also Kingdom Come for $8.99 (70% off).

I bought Disco Elysium because I always heard it was good and right now $17.99 the cheapest I've ever seen it.

Streets of Rogue is only $7.79 and more people should be playing it. So good!

Waffle! fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Dec 24, 2021

EPIC FAIL REVERSER
Dec 24, 2021

by Hand Knit
Bought Kerbal space program. COuldn't figure out the parachute tutorial and returned it. lol

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Waffle! posted:

I bought Disco Elysium because I always heard it was good and right now $17.99 the cheapest I've ever seen it.

I think I bought that for the Summer Sale but haven't played it yet. I installed it with the intention to but something else caught my eye and I had to uninstall it for room. I'll get to it someday.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
Blackwake is .50 cents. It's very fun and funny. Usually only 1 or 2 servers up at a time but there are many laughs to be had.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

ProperCoochie posted:

Blackwake is .50 cents. It's very fun and funny. Usually only 1 or 2 servers up at a time but there are many laughs to be had.

That looks pretty neat. Reminds me of Mount and Blade: Napoleonic Wars (a mod).

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Happy tugmas gamers

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?
I bought Wasteland 3 a few weeks ago and it's basically everything I wanted Fallout 3 to be but wasn't.

Basically, I'm saying that if you think Fallout 1 and 2 are the best in the series, (or even if you don't) you should get Wasteland 3. It's really loving good.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

beat mirrors edge the other day

decent game, would hardcore parkour again

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

ive been playing too much hades so im trying to find something else to hyperfixate on for awhile, one piece pirate warriors 4 is scratching an itch but i wanna find an fps

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

numberoneposter posted:

Do we have some ring times yet? R34 GTR or whatever. Give it a rip, I'll do one right now I'm hungover as gently caress.

Sippin my ceasar on the back straight.
I actually did end up buying Assetto Coursa for pennies from the Steam sale but decided I didn't feel like learning how to drive racing lines again and went back to Snowrunner and Farm Sim. Sorry.

Valko posted:

At the rate I'm going though Kingmaker I might get to the kingdom-causes-you-to-self-harm chapter by March.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Sid Vicious posted:

ive been playing too much hades so im trying to find something else to hyperfixate on for awhile, one piece pirate warriors 4 is scratching an itch but i wanna find an fps

RE Village was really good for a quasi-FPS

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Bags Fly at Noon posted:

RE Village was really good for a quasi-FPS

hmm i have 7 but not village yet i forgot i had it tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i own like two thousand games jesus christ