Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

kntfkr posted:

I played about a hundred rounds of Bushido Blade 1 & 2 today with another person and it was a lot fun.

I forgot you could hit start on 2nd controller during story & run through the whole mad and get all muddy in BB1. What a great game.

Man I love bushido blade, blasting through the hundred level ninja tower is such a cool zen time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Man I love bushido blade, blasting through the hundred level ninja tower is such a cool zen time

I really wish they didn't take out disabling legs from Bushido Blade 2 but we kind of settled on that as the standard versus game over 1.

There's no other fighting game that I know of where playing first-to-30 is totally reasonable and fun. I wish I was better at executing the throws in 2 but every time I try I get sliced and diced.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Yeah I agree, it's annoying there's things that are better in the first but 2 is still a pretty solid upgrade.

Did you/anyone check out Die by the Blade?

vv I'm a moron

SilvergunSuperman fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Apr 22, 2022

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Nah, I don't think that's out yet, is it?

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

SilvergunSuperman posted:

unthinkable that bushido blade 1 and 2 have not been ported or had a proper sequel

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i started playing icewind dale (enhanced edition) about a week ago. played all the other infinity engine games back in the 90s/2000s (with many BG/BG2 replays since), but never got around to IWD.

i don't think i'm gonna make it to the end. i'm in chapter 3, and it's been nothing but dungeon crawls packed with huge groups of the same few enemy types. there's barely anything to explore or anyone to talk to, no party banter, no major any side quests, and the game is extremely linear. i actually enjoy infinity engine combat a lot, but there needs to be some kind of pacing and story to go with it.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I love Bushido Blade because it didn't require for me to memorize 500 things, just a handful of things and to pay attention to timing. I loved that poo poo. Prolly too old for that now

I am making progress in MLB THE SHOW 2022 FOR THE NINTENDO SWITCH. I am like, 16? 18? games into the season and I'm doing okay. But it keeps jacking up the difficulty on the pitching which is annoying, if I want a challenge I'll just apply myself at my job, sheesh

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

bushido blade is why i refer to every long japanese sword in any game i play as a "nodachi", regardless of what its actual name is. i loved that weapon.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Bad Purchase posted:

i started playing icewind dale (enhanced edition) about a week ago. played all the other infinity engine games back in the 90s/2000s (with many BG/BG2 replays since), but never got around to IWD.

i don't think i'm gonna make it to the end. i'm in chapter 3, and it's been nothing but dungeon crawls packed with huge groups of the same few enemy types. there's barely anything to explore or anyone to talk to, no party banter, no major any side quests, and the game is extremely linear. i actually enjoy infinity engine combat a lot, but there needs to be some kind of pacing and story to go with it.

I finished IWD back in the day. The ending is a bit underwhelming, you won't be missing much.

You might get more mileage of IWD2 - it actually has something of a story. It's still not a great game though. I never finished it because of a really frustrating time travel dungeon near the end. And combat was frustrating enough up until that point. There will never be an enhanced edition of IWD2 - it wasn't made by Bioware and the people who made it lost the source code.

The LP of IWD2 is loving amazing.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
An arrow whizzes bast a bandits head and bounces off the wall. Bandit is startled for 10 seconds and then wanders back to his post. "Hmm, must have been a rat."

Somehow this Daedric sword weighs more than an iron breastplate but I can swing it around as fast as a feather duster.

"Help the people of my hold and I will make you Thane!" Somebody challenged me to a fistfight and I beat him to a bloody pulp. I've helped your people! Somehow.

Decapitating an opponent in cinematic mode and hearing them shout "Is that all you've got?"

I can't wait until my pickpocket skill is high enough to steal the clothes from people. You can wonder around town naked in your loincloth and hear peoples reactions, why don't they say the same to everyone else?

God, I loving love Skyrim.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Gamin' is so 2021. This year I'm tuggin'

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Propaganda Hour posted:

Gamin' is so 2021. This year I'm tuggin'

combine your interests with Stick Shift
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8zSuOLuU_8

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Tub-9cxLsk

O0o0o0o0o0 the notes disappear lmao

Have a Bonus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsRjwxD_RLE&t=12s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRHwk-i2GVM

Katamari Democracy fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Apr 23, 2022

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
now playing the intensely nerd game etrian odyssey iv and its kicking my poo poo in

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Satisfactory is good. Like really, really good.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

neato burrito posted:

Satisfactory is good. Like really, really good.

Would you go as far as to say that it was a satisfying experience?

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

I'd go as far to say that it's marriage-ending level good.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
I think you're just looking everywhere for an excuse to end your lovely marriage

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

bagmonkey posted:

I love Bushido Blade because it didn't require for me to memorize 500 things, just a handful of things and to pay attention to timing. I loved that poo poo. Prolly too old for that now

I am making progress in MLB THE SHOW 2022 FOR THE NINTENDO SWITCH. I am like, 16? 18? games into the season and I'm doing okay. But it keeps jacking up the difficulty on the pitching which is annoying, if I want a challenge I'll just apply myself at my job, sheesh

You are not too old for Bushido Blade. The friend I was playing fighting games with moved but the most fun and balanced times we had were in 2 player Bushido Blade 2. First to 30 on snake cliff. Highway Man with long sword so he can dual-wield with the rapier. Great fun, great fun.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I suck at satiafactory. I found coal but no clue on hiw to get it. Would like to chill with other factory goons for a night. Anyone down?

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Just started Wasteland 3 and if you're into turn based games at all, get it.

It's really, really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

pro starcraft loser posted:

Just started Wasteland 3 and if you're into turn based games at all, get it.

It's really, really good.

Yeah I did a trial of Gamepass to play it when it came out and that's what convinced me to subscribe to Gamepass, Wasteland 3 is a very good Fallout game