Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I'm currently playing Far Cry 5 and RE8 when I have time. It's summer and I like to go outside. Evidently I'm weird and enjoyed the 105hrs I put into CP2077.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
I started playing FFXIV because I'd never played an MMO outside of a couple hours of wow a decade ago. Actually kind of enjoying it, its pretty and I like to chat with people in my free company. Music is good too

picked up sekiro when it was on sale recently but haven't given it much time yet. been busy the past week. excited to get into it though and slice some dudes

also dead cells owns

Rock Paper Tongue
Oct 24, 2016

May cause birth defects

Playing through Bloodborne, my favorite loving game ever, for the 50th time

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below

Kirk Vikernes posted:

I'm currently playing Far Cry 5 and RE8 when I have time. It's summer and I like to go outside. Evidently I'm weird and enjoyed the 105hrs I put into CP2077.

130 hours for me and I also enjoyed it. I'll play it again down the road if/when DLC is released.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Sid Vicious posted:

world brothers owns

hell yeah. cant wait for edf6.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho

Meme Poker Party posted:

What do you guys think, mouse and keyboard or xbox controller for Witcher 3 on PC?

Beatmania controller

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
Super Mega Baseball 3. I don't give a poo poo about baseball but it owns

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I got a PS5 and never owned a PS4 so I have been playing a bunch of amazing games for dirt cheap. Working on Bloodborne at the moment. Breezed through the first half of the game without much trouble but as soon as I hit Byrgenwerth today, things have gotten considerably more difficult.

Got wrecked by Logarius enough times I just gave up. Moved on to Yar’ghul or whatever it’s called and am tearing my hair out with the annoying bell women.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

pnumoman posted:

Eh, I'm old so my steam library is entirely too large and full of poo poo

Edit: excuse me, internet old in my late 30's. I forget I have to clarify here on the ancient web

Story of my life !

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Update: Hades is so loving good wow

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

Yeah I got close to 100% hades before I lost steam on it

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Knot My President! posted:

hell yes

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
I suggest everyone play hades and dead cells.

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below

Full Metal Jackass posted:

I suggest everyone play hades

I've never heard of the game before and I'm not even sure i would enjoy a rogue-like but the visuals looks awesome and it's on sale so why not, I guess I'll buy it now.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

Bloopsy posted:

I've never heard of the game before and I'm not even sure i would enjoy a rogue-like but the visuals looks awesome and it's on sale so why not, I guess I'll buy it now.

I had never played a rogue-lite or like before Hades. I gave it a shot because of the hype and got it on the Switch. I ended up putting a TON of hours into it. One of the most enjoyable games I've played in a few years.

There is basically no hard feelings when you die because there's so much drat dialogue that you learn a little more about everyone even after your millionth death or whatever.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Knot My President! posted:

Bloopsy posted:

First Roguelike I ever played where I never feel like cheesing it and shutting it down the wrong way to get back to my last save.

"Dying is part of the game!" "Losing is fun!" Yeah, sure, I agree with that in theory, but maybe I don't feel like losing something that took me hours to get because of some bullshit. With Hades, though, it's just, drat, okay, I messed that up. Well, let's see what's up back home.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

the first Risk of Rain game is underrated and it was my go to thing to play while listening to a book for a bit. put quite a bit of time into it

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

dervinosdoom posted:

Cataclysm: dark days ahead.

Cause i like starting over again and again

I really like this game in theory, but I suck badly at it. I like how you can spawn in a new character in the same world, so if you broke into an abandoned house and melted frozen toilet water to drink, it will probably still be there, along with your other character's dead body (I think this is true).

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

I don't get much game time these days but when I do I'm usually building weird rear end heavy machinery in Kerbal Space Program or going through a second playthrough of Cyberpunk 2077 (and still loving a hell of a lot of it despite its flaws and jank).

I keep meaning to finally install and get into Elite Dangerous after buying it a year and a half ago but I know that implies learning a lot of technical details to get into a video game about space ships and I'm still not convinced it's worth the time investment despite how much I love such games.

There's also RDR2 which I've only gotten into the beginning of chapter 2, ie. when you're finally set loose, that I really need to give a shot.

Besides that there's over a terabyte of games on my hard drive I really want to try. I guess I'm glad I have a "to try" list that goes beyond my expected life span?

e: forgot about that Shadow of Tomb Raider savegame I need to finish

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

Playing Valheim alone, and I feel like a loving loser. I live in Asia and everyone here just plays the phone games.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i redownloaded Hyrule Warriors because i tried the age of calamity demo and got hooked but cant afford to get it right now, so next best thing

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The city names in Warhammer 40k: Gladius have no character limit

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

The city names in Warhammer 40k: Gladius have no character limit

thats so crass

stop it

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R
i’m playing FINAL FANTASY XIV Online because i have a deep seated desire to destroy myself

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

We (me, bf, friend who bought us copies) spent some hours in Deep Rock Galactic yesterday. It's vaguely like a lot of things: You play as scifi dwarves, dropped (by drill probe) into a hostile, randomly generated cave system, where you do a mission (mine resources, collect alien eggs, fix a pipeline) and then have to leg it back to the probe to get out before it leaves. You can dig tunnels into anything, though I think resources only spawn on cave walls. There are swarms of bug enemies, though I think fall damage has gotten me more times; fortunately you can also resurrect your teammates. If you all die, you get reduced, but not zero, rewards. Up to four players.

It's ... kind of neat? I'm still unsure if it will get repetitive or open up more when we put more time into it. On one hand there seems to be a few upgrade and progress systems, and biomes we haven't seen yet - but in the other hand I don't think there is that much variation in the missions. Worth playing a bit more to see.

Besides that, I keep falling back to civ 6. Turn based games pair well with lounging outside, or with watching mildly interesting YouTube videos.

I did buy Hades, and have just barely tested it. I see why everyone loves it, even if it's not really a genre I play much. (Then again, I spent a lot of time in the Switch edition of diablo 3 - much more than the PC version. )

Computer viking fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Jul 3, 2021

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Civ VI isn't as good as Civ V.

I'm disappointed.

And Civ V wasn’t as good as Civ IV. Way of the world as poo poo gets dumbed down. Except for Paradox games.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER posted:

i’m playing FINAL FANTASY XIV Online because i have a deep seated desire to destroy myself

Final Fantasy XIV is an MMO (and those are bad) but it sometimes gives you something nice before it kicks you in the face again. Real up and down. As a former WoW player, it's been a big change from the constant stomping boot and occasional grinding heel. It's not nearly as addictive but it's definitely more rewarding.

But getting a house in FFXIV is a really bizarre experience. It's nice that this feature exists at all and I've seen some really pretty house designs, but if you play on a popular server, then a whole lot of bad ideas and half-baked fixes combine to create a sort of voluntary sleep-deprivation torture.

LemonLimeSoda
Jan 23, 2020
Hades & Mario Golf

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Szyznyk posted:

And Civ V wasn’t as good as Civ IV.

Wrong. Civ V with all expansions is superior to Civ IV in every way.

Unless you think artists are people who expand national borders and calm down angry populations, instead of making silly poo poo like books, paintings, and music.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Unless you think artists are people who expand national borders and calm down angry populations, instead of making silly poo poo like books, paintings, and music.

Not really something I was ever concerned about. I want my hundreds of armored units and fleets of aircraft carriers back. End game era total war. Doomstacks upon doomstacks.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

What do you think a ritual sacrifice is for? Only works if it's a Great Artist, perfectly balanced

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R

Final Fantasy XIV is an MMO (and those are bad) but it sometimes gives you something nice before it kicks you in the face again. Real up and down. As a former WoW player, it's been a big change from the constant stomping boot and occasional grinding heel. It's not nearly as addictive but it's definitely more rewarding.

But getting a house in FFXIV is a really bizarre experience. It's nice that this feature exists at all and I've seen some really pretty house designs, but if you play on a popular server, then a whole lot of bad ideas and half-baked fixes combine to create a sort of voluntary sleep-deprivation torture.

the thing that gets me about this MMO in particular is that despite the pretense of being an online virtual world with lots of players wandering around, it is a really intensely solitary and obsessive activity. if i see that quest marker with the plus sign on it it’s like a pavlovian reaction, got to tick off whatever the hell it is on the list of stuff to unlock. and then at the other end of the scale i basically spent 45 minutes this morning watching cutscenes because i just got to the start of heavensward

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

things in FF14 change a lot once you get into the DLCs. the first chunk of the game was cobbled together on like a constant crunch cycle and its amazing it was as good as it was. when the team had more space to work on things the content started getting a lot better in every aspect

seriously once you get a bit into HW the difference is pretty stark

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I’m 3/4 of the way through RE8 but got sidetracked by the new Ratchet & Clank which is awesome and the most fun I’ve had playing a game in a while.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Video games are for children.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Pug Rodeo posted:

Video games are for children.

We're all somebodies children, man

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

worrying about how other people spend they time if it doesn't affect you is for children imo

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I'm designing a game called Video Games Are For Children you have to walk around town and press X to convince others that actually you aren't having fun OR playing a game it's VR only.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Videogame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Good games posted ITT.

I've been playing dark souls 3, warhammer total war, conan exiles, dauntless, and I am getting ready to play swords of legends online.