Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
got a weed farm? A daffodil in ur yard? A pampered, exotic houseplant?

If it grows and it's green I want 2 see it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Areola Grande

plant music is also welcome ITT

https://youtu.be/roNN2HeLaBQ

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Areola Grande

here's a jack in the pulpit, growing near my house

:siren:NSFW:siren:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

prepuce repurposed posted:

we have these where I live. was taught young to see them and let them grow because they're really cool native useful potentially medicinal plants

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

one corner of my office

Areola Grande

Bo-Pepper posted:

one corner of my office

vibrant greens! what are we looking at here

Prof. Crocodile

PlantMONSTER? Is that you!?

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

pothos and … i don’t know? i just go to a garden center and pick what looks nice i’m a terrible plant dad

Areola Grande

Prof. Crocodile posted:

PlantMONSTER? Is that you!?

he better post ITT :argh:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Bo-Pepper posted:

one corner of my office

beautiful

Areola Grande

Bo-Pepper posted:

pothos and … i don’t know? i just go to a garden center and pick what looks nice i’m a terrible plant dad

nah. I'm the same way but not responsible enough to keep em alive :shrug:

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

nah. I'm the same way but not responsible enough to keep em alive :shrug:

it helps if you’re looking at them for hours at a time to stay keyed into their needs

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Bo-Pepper posted:

they look great. it looks like you have a ficus too

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

more from the current soon to be vacated casa pepper

Areola Grande

new yorkers sure are fancy

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Luvcow posted:

they look great. it looks like you have a ficus too

i looked it up and yes i do have a ficus! i've had that particular one for over 5 years

Megabound

Plants, we got em! My partner is the green thumb and I'm just a plant freeloader.

Over our bed frame, the leaves are velvety

Air plant, a begonia cutting and something I don't know

ZZ and Mother-In-Laws Tongue

Begonia shelf (there are more Begonias elsewhere)

A Stingray and some sort of vine and a plant themed chair I upholstered

Our bathroom with tropical wallpaper

Another ZZ with a 3D printed skull vase

You can see how far the Staghorn and Monstera have come since we moved in

Areola Grande

mods pls change the thread name to Big Time Flora Flex thread. tia

Moo Cowabunga

[Office Worker.

it’s winter here but here are some from season past

this is where the ducks and chooks like to hang out and rustle up some grubs.

vege garden. going to rise them higher for this upcoming season because I’m old as gently caress and don’t bend

like I said, it’s winter at the moment. rip kowhai tree.

Platinum User Pot Smoke Phoenix!

VANISHER

HEATHER PAPPS

https://giant.gfycat.com/WellgroomedImperfectHaddock.webm the vanisher

Moo Cowabunga

[Office Worker.

Bo-Pepper posted:

one corner of my office

I kill most indoor plants so I am even more impressed

VANISHER

HEATHER PAPPS

Megabound

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

vege garden. going to rise them higher for this upcoming season because I’m old as gently caress and don’t bend

That's a fine looking vege patch right there and an even finer Hills Hoist I would be honoured to play goon of fortune with.

Areola Grande

it’s winter here but here are some from season past

this is where the ducks and chooks like to hang out and rustle up some grubs.

like I said, it’s winter at the moment. rip kowhai tree.

If I was ur moo cow I would be quite pleased

biosterous

i live in a basement and the only place that gets any sunlight is already taken by cat, but sometimes i play plant daddy and it's nice

https://overfull.itch.io/plantdaddy

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

I kill most indoor plants so I am even more impressed

i have a grow light i turn on when i’m not in the office those whacked out plants have no idea what day and night are

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

okay i have a lot of plants i promise i will not post them all! I am bad at houseplants so these are all outside plants i hope that is okay

here is my monster climbing rose 'Clotilde Soupert'

Some toher roses I neglected that have now died :rip: but I wanted to redo that bed anyway so it's okay

if you live in a swampjungle might as well grow some swamp jungle gingers and stuff

zinnias are so easy to grow from seed everyone should grow them in the summer! just scratch up some bare dirt and scatter seed and they mkae great cut flowers that last a long time

last yr i had a big garden with veg and sunflowers and 9' tall okra etc but this yr it is a giant mess:

i have a million pictures of camellias but maybe i will save them for later because i don't anyone to feel overwhelmed by too many flowers itt

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

if you have plant problems the horticulture thread in HCH LOVES plants and knows tons about them: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3951612

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
You all have such lovely plants! That's a gigantic fuckin rose bush! Megabound, your house is fabulous!

Here's our bathroom plants and a shot of calathea makoyana, my favorite calathea!

My wife's old lady violets

The dudes on the porch

Lantana

I really like cacti.

I became an addict for acquiring exotic carnivorous plants last year, never having raised a plant in my life previously. I modified a turtle tank PetSmart was throwing out so it can house a bunch of smaller ones. I don't even wanna tell you how much money I've spent on them:ssh:

It's got a quantum LED panel meant for growing weed over it cause they tend to love as much sunlight as they can get, which also makes it good for housing weird cacti. I had to turn it all the way down cause it's insanely bright otherwise. Got some flytrap cultivars in there, the purple sarracenia pitcher plant, butterwort, sundews (they're tiny now cause I accidentally over-fertilized them, but are recovering), and several nepenthes.
It has a false bottom that holds an aquatic carnivorous plant called bladderwort. The picture sucks but there are little nodes running all along the stems and each node is a tiny bladder that has a trigger hair hanging off of it; when a microscopic animal boops the hair, a hatch on the bladder opens and it sucks the dude in to digest it. It's crazy. I could talk about them forever but just know that NATURE IS CRAZY DUDE

Here's a heliamphora nutans, another type of pitcher. The larger ones are the fully mature pitchers.

Several types of nepenthes. They're getting a little too much light so I just added a screen to the top

Cephalotus, a really tiny lil pitcher plant from a strip of land in southwest Australia

In the bathroom is Hector. I think he's a nepenthes maxima. He's starting to make GIANT pitchers

These are all sarracenia. They're native to north American bogs and they're extremely efficient at capturing bugs. It's not uncommon for them to totally fill with dead bug goo by the end of the summer. Yikes.

Even when the wind knocks em over, they know which way is up.

Sarracenia flowers. Even they have a trapdoor system where insects can only enter and exit one way so the flower doesn't get self-pollinated.

Finally, a bowl of assorted sarracenia, flytraps, some forked sundews and a taller sundew.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

whoa those are super awesome. love hector and the violets

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

some pretty sweet plants in this thread

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

i’m deeply surprised no weed plants yet

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

plenty of weeds that are plants in my yard

Megabound

That is such a cool collection of carnivorous cultivars

Queen-Of-Hearts

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Here we have a mini-pumpkin plant that i grossly underestimated by planting while high, as well as two pickle plants, three tomato plants, onions i give up on, cayenne peppers im praying do something and a lone radish. I had to replant seeds for everything but the pumpkins three times because of some dickhead chipmunk deciding my planters are his personal stash boxes.
The plastic Halloween store cat is Salem. I move him around to discourage critters from loving about with my plants, but Salem kinda sucks at his job.

It's bad enough these assholes eat my pickle plants. They don't have to be insulting about it :tizzy:

Near: "Red Warty Thing" pumpkins. Far: "Blue Doll" pumpkins Middle: Beets that just started to sprout.

I really need to pull up the mockup bed barrier and do a real one, buuuuuut :effort:

Some of my hollyhocks

And there's this funny smelling plant i got from the store that i lovingly arts and crafts'd with some pink bible paper:

City of Glompton

wonderful plants in this thread

i have a medium amount of plants i think, here are some of the main plant babies

this is from last month, i'm in a new house and things have moved around a bit, so now the xmas cactus is hanging in the living room and the sad little jade in the fish pot is on the shelf. i also have a struggling marginata (it is still pissed about getting moved at christmas time so that that the tree could occupy its place) and a lot more jades because i can't throw away a single leaf. also some herbs and hens and chicks out front, and a container garden out back that is doing well considering the heat dome (my secret is keeping a canopy over it)

we also recently acquired a venus fly trap so here's hoping we can keep it alive!

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

plenty of weeds that are plants in my yard

this too. i'm fighting the fight against a yard that was left to nature, and here nature means annual kochia (a soft tumbleweed with 6 ft roots), white top (its seeds are good for 4 years!), mallow, and the meanest looking dandelions you've ever seen.

City of Glompton fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jul 3, 2021

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Megabound

The Monstera's lookin good this morning

Moo Cowabunga

[Office Worker.

is that a fluval flex 127l you have there?

VANISHER

HEATHER PAPPS

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me

is that a fluval flex 127l you have there?

Yeah, well, it's my wife's. It's the poo poo though. The filters and stuff are all hidden and the lighting is app-controlled, it's p sweet

Finger Prince

These are my #turmeric plants. They're a little ratty because they had a bit of a battle with mold at the beginning of their life. Not sure if the mold was in the roots already (probably) or the bag of potting soil (also probably). The roots were sitting on my counter on a styrofoam tray under some cellophane for ages, then one day they decided to spout, so I said gently caress it, chuck em in some buckets of dirt and see what happens. This is what happens.

They're supposed to flower eventually, but who knows. Now that the hot humid weather is here, I put them on the balcony sometimes to give them a little more heat like they're used to naturally.
Speaking of flowering, these violets seem to thrive on neglect and keep on flowering and flowering. There's a thing behind it that's pretty unkillable, and above is Fernulous aka Sideshow Bob.

Moo Cowabunga

[Office Worker.

Achtane posted:

Yeah, well, it's my wife's. It's the poo poo though. The filters and stuff are all hidden and the lighting is app-controlled, it's p sweet

I agree. they are awesome. huge filter system for the size

VANISHER

HEATHER PAPPS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga

[Office Worker.

your wife has impeccable taste in fish tanks

VANISHER