Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

im watching Shrek the musical on Netflix right now and it opens with a song titled big bright beautiful world, which is sung by Shreks parents to their young son. the crux of this song is that he has just turned seven and so must get out of their house, you don't have to go home but you can't stay here son. they then go on to describe how beautiful the world can be and how wonderful it is to have friends and loved ones, but here's the thing, you son, our son Shrek, are way too ugly for any of that and no one will ever love you so goodbye enjoy your life of abject misery and poverty don't let the door hit your rear end on the way out, no wonder Shrek is such a miserable dick, his parents were negligent abusive assholes! im feel so bad for poor Shrek now :'(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Wait, were Shrek's parents hot?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Das Boo posted:

Wait, were Shrek's parents hot?

his dad is hideous like him and his mom is a regular pretty green lady, not even weirdly shapes like fiona

frankee
Dec 29, 2017

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Sid Vicious posted:

his dad is hideous like him and his mom is a regular pretty green lady, not even weirdly shapes like fiona

shrek canon contradictory

Weka
May 5, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
OP IIRC you kinda look like shrek if he was painted pink. We're your friends pal, you don't have to hide your true self from us.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

how sexy were donkey's parents though?

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler
In the Shrek musical the big bag wolf gets up and loudly calls himself the T-slur in a musical number

this is not a joke

Circumcised Elon
Jun 20, 2021

by Shine
Ever since they insisted on his erection being "woke" the franchise has turned to cr*p!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Shrek came to my house and sucked my dick clean off and I had to get a new one

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Wasn’t Shrek kind of already a musical

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Well yes but you see they don't have to pay global super-group Smashmouth royalties on this one.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Shrek died

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler

risp (rest in swamp peace)

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009
Shrekma

Turdo
Jun 15, 2012

Can Shrek aim his trumpet ears? I can't imagine what the the world sounds like through those things. Maybe he can move them around and use some rudimentary form of echolocation?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Turdo
Jun 15, 2012

I'm not familiar with the backstory but I really hope it explains those ears.

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017
Sounds like someone should buy Shrek an account, he'd fit right in

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
i don't care about how it explains Shrek, the more important question is: does Shrek the Musical explain why Shrek the Musical exist?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Big Beef City posted:

Well yes but you see they don't have to pay global super-group Smashmouth royalties on this one.

Wait do they seriously not do a cover of all star in this musical

this is bullshit

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

He just wants to be by himself in his swamp, leave shrek alone

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Turn your monitor on

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

We went into the swamp to kill Shrek for he is a monster. First we pulled him out of his house as he struggled and much did he scream in protest and rancor. Then we did plunge three pitchfork into his gut thrice and the innards came out. At this point he did not scream much but only groaned in a less lively fashion and the blood so mingled with the innards that it seemed as though you could not tell meat from the leaking humors of his distended abdomen which so resembled putty or mashed beef. As he died we prepared a fire and readied a pallet to roast his body upon and thereby reduce it to ashes. He did not live Long as he lost his vital essence laying upon the muck of his swamp while the fire was made and we further jabbed him with pitchfork and pick in order to induce death in a speedier fashion. We placed the large and now deceased body upon the pyre and then he did burn for five hour, after which there was naught left but splinter, ash, charcoal, and streaks of gut upon the mud and mire. We then left his abode and went to our homes for the night had been long and such displays and strenuous expenditure of the mind and body does induce torpor into the muscle and ligament. We slept long and awoke to the sun very hot the next morning and the mist settled upon glen and there was much to do and we nearly forgot about it all as though it had been a dream or perhaps a simple evening distraction.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

We went into the swamp to kill Shrek for he is a monster. First we pulled him out of his house as he struggled and much did he scream in protest and rancor. Then we did plunge three pitchfork into his gut thrice and the innards came out. At this point he did not scream much but only groaned in a less lively fashion and the blood so mingled with the innards that it seemed as though you could not tell meat from the leaking humors of his distended abdomen which so resembled putty or mashed beef. As he died we prepared a fire and readied a pallet to roast his body upon and thereby reduce it to ashes. He did not live Long as he lost his vital essence laying upon the muck of his swamp while the fire was made and we further jabbed him with pitchfork and pick in order to induce death in a speedier fashion. We placed the large and now deceased body upon the pyre and then he did burn for five hour, after which there was naught left but splinter, ash, charcoal, and streaks of gut upon the mud and mire. We then left his abode and went to our homes for the night had been long and such displays and strenuous expenditure of the mind and body does induce torpor into the muscle and ligament. We slept long and awoke to the sun very hot the next morning and the mist settled upon glen and there was much to do and we nearly forgot about it all as though it had been a dream or perhaps a simple evening distraction.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Shrek is love, Shrek is life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06nDozzQ8xE

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I’m gonna Shrek all over the goddamn floor

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

If I kiss shrek will I turn into a big tity she-goblin or whatever or do I need to already be a beautiful princess for that to work because I'm gettin my shrek suckin lips ready

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Weka
May 5, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Shrek is risen! He came to me in a blinding flash as I traveled towards town and left me shattered and blind. Ohh and his ears are handles.

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
man i hate that guy who said "shrek is dreck" even more now

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

this is a penny arcade rear end shrek.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
ogre load

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
maybe in the neverending story the swamp was abused as a child and that's why it swallowed artax

i may never look at that swamp the same way again

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

I hosed shrek op

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Big Beef City posted:

If I kiss shrek will I turn into a big tity she-goblin or whatever or do I need to already be a beautiful princess for that to work because I'm gettin my shrek suckin lips ready

The monarchy has power solely because the people accept that it has power. There is nothing inherently special or unique about the nobility.

So yes, you can be a big titty she-goblin if you want to be and I will fight for your right to be so.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
:nws:https://i.imgur.com/cVOsSjN.png

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

Lieutenant Dan posted:

In the Shrek musical the big bag wolf gets up and loudly calls himself the T-slur in a musical number

this is not a joke

i can't believe big bad wolf said "tugger" in shrek: the musical