Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

i knew ACE was going to make ocarina runs wild after it was discovered but this is a level beyond that, lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

i love runs like this that are less about proper routing and mechanical execution and more about performing insane rituals to try and appease some kind of angry data god

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Flesnolk posted:

I was making food, what happened with the ocarina thing?

they used ocarina of time's ACE capabilities to write code into the N64 expansion pack's memory (which isn't wiped if the next game played doesn't use it), swapped to paper mario (which doesn't use the expansion pack), and then used a complicated series of glitches to enable it to be executed in paper mario to credits warp

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

TMR is so loving nuts man

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

this dude is right, what a nightmare suburb

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

what a madman, insane run

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

why wasn't this in the silly block it rules

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Wrex Ruckus posted:

Do not injure your friends

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

lmao at the textures

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

this dude's got magic loving hands

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

mfer is on FIRE

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

UED Special Ops posted:

Less then 20 to go... Tick Tock Clock is going to be magical.

blindfolded tick tock clock is the real bowser's evil test

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

just blink in time with the screen cutouts, easy

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

oh noooo

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

the cool thing about DS3 is how few of the tougher bosses felt really unfair. princes phase 2 feels like bullshit on the first time through but it's quite doable with practice.

i'd say the boss i like the least is still abyss watchers, which just feels monstrously unfair for the place in the game it appears. twin princes and oceiros have some kinda bullshit reaction windows, and gundyr 2 can combo you down like a street fighter character, but the bosses are otherwise pretty reasonable

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

the sub/bit injection and second ps5 was the shot in the arm the donations needed it looks like

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I think it's perfectly valid to be upset that the online format is going away and can't be readily adapted to the in-person format. It was always inevitable that they were going to go back to live when situations permitted - the in-person events simply draw more eyes and more money, and probably aren't as much of a technical tightrope to walk - but you do invariably lose out on being able to have unique runs like Meimei, or having foreign runners who otherwise can't afford the time or money needed to make their way to the States for the event.

It's probably fair to say that, if there were some way to get an acceptable compromise, the GDQ staff would pursue it, but the technical hurdles are likely too significant to have it make sense for the event going forwards, and I'm not sure the donator and viewer base can actually hold up a fully remote event in addition to the live event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

This is the reason that I've made peace with it.

One thing I don't like about any GDQ run is the faux "oh, this is the hardest part of the game" and it's trivially easy.

How original.

do people really think that poo poo like "this is the hardest part of the run" and "orb!!" are people trying to be comedy geniuses and not simple phatic communication