Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I found this youtube with the tale of a smiling dog that claims in 2002 hackers caused half the forums users to become epileptic. I was wanting to know if this was true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPG3_8m1NQA&t=389s
I'm pretty sure this didn't happen and it's very strange for a youtuber would make up stuff to just put in a video.

I couldn't find the picture of the dog but I'm guessing its this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Tenzarin posted:

I found this youtube with the tale of a smiling dog that claims in 2002 hackers caused half the forums users to become epileptic. I was wanting to know if this was true.
yes

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
guys whatevet you do do not google smile dog and jeff the killer kissing, worst mistake of my life

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

No

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Jeff the killer is alot more anime than I remember.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

oh you're just gonna do me like that then okay I see how it is

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I was epileptic before it was cool op

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

I had two seizures six years ago, got diagnosed with epilepsy by a neurologist (not Web MD) and have to take two pills a day for the rest of my life probably. Haven't had any seizures since though; thanks science!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I thrash around wildly and poo poo myself while tuggin at my erection but it has nothing to do with the forums or epilepsy OP

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

9 1 1

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Cubone posted:

oh you're just gonna do me like that then okay I see how it is

Someone has to balance the scales of power in GBS

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I don't believe I have epilepsy but I can suffer seizures due to bright/strobing lights and loud or sustained sounds. Basically all the hallmarks of epilepsy. But it isn't. It's cause I got me brain broke as a kid.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
so far so good OP

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

neato burrito posted:

I had two seizures six years ago, got diagnosed with epilepsy by a neurologist (not Web MD) and have to take two pills a day for the rest of my life probably. Haven't had any seizures since though; thanks science!

My dog has to take half a pill in the morning and half a pill in the evening

She seems ok and hasn't had a seizure since

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

also quite epileptic so it lines up pretty well op

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

neato burrito posted:

This, but four years ago. I had my first seizure on the day they discontinued AIM. :smithicide:

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

worst part about seizures for me is biting my tongue, it is like 2 weeks of indescribable pain and misery

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Atleast we have identified the hacker.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

when a woman has a seizure its called a sheizure im a doctor

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I'm apoplectic op

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Well which half, op? My dick has seizures all the time so makes sense if the lower half

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
I went to a rave once where I suffered all the symptoms of epilepsy but my quack rear end doctor won't give me a pill.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

I thrash around wildly and poo poo myself while tuggin at my erection but it has nothing to do with the forums or epilepsy OP

Close thread chisel that post on my gravestone.

angry emu
Aug 25, 2011

I'm epileptic. I can't drive and I have to take medication twice a day for the rest of my life. :smuggo:

:smith:

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
I hadn't seen burgerpug in awhile and it was nice to see it again thank you op

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Smile dog is smiling. :)

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
My dog had idiopathic epilepsy, but not a forums account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

neato burrito posted:

Owned