Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Flayer posted:

I love the people who get upset that the England team has played (most) games at home. There's always a host nation lol

I think the real problem is that some nations had to travel ridiculously far during the tournament, which normally isn't the case when there's one host nation. This was an estimate the guardian made after the quarterfinals (so includes england going to rome)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

lmao

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

love it 🤌🍕🍝

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

TheRat posted:

I think the real problem is that some nations had to travel ridiculously far during the tournament, which normally isn't the case when there's one host nation. This was an estimate the guardian made after the quarterfinals (so includes england going to rome)

Look at World Cup 94, Brazil stayed fairly close to California for the majority of the tournament because that’s just how it happened. Pan continental tournaments involve travel.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

lmao delusional cunts

boris was literally for the super league

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

Looke posted:

lmao delusional cunts

boris was literally for the super league

Yeah, this is serious wtf territory.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

TheRat posted:

They're not exactly flying ryanair and carrying their own bags mate

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

https://twitter.com/Dan_KP/status/1413084390452875267?s=20

[Oh-nooooo.gif]

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
oh no

https://twitter.com/Dan_KP/status/1413084390452875267?s=20

minema
May 31, 2011
Damsgaard literally got booked for diving against Belgium earlier in the tournament so the Danes can't get all high and mighty about it

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Owned

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Just saw a tweet that said England fans commuted sexual assault when the goal went in coz people were hugging in the crowd. That’s bingo I think.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

minema posted:

Damsgaard literally got booked for diving against Belgium earlier in the tournament so the Danes can't get all high and mighty about it

I mentioned it in the other thread but loving lmao at anyone complaining about diving on here. Literally every team dives and it's only a problem when it's against your team.

*Or if you are an American who doesn't actually watch football

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
This new found preciousness around national anthems is symptomatic of the terrifying rise of nationalism on the continent imo.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

CyberPingu posted:

I mentioned it in the other thread but loving lmao at anyone complaining about diving on here. Literally every team dives and it's only a problem when it's against your team.

*Or if you are an American who doesn't actually watch football

Diving is also literally the fault of the referees because they don't give fouls if the player doesn't go down. Fix refereeing and you fix diving.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

All the crying just makes the fact England are in the final even better

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

pik_d posted:

Diving is also literally the fault of the referees because they don't give fouls if the player doesn't go down. Fix refereeing and you fix diving.

RoboRef...

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Bape Culture posted:

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

People aren't taking into account the hosed up way sterling runs when looking at it in slow motion. Was a blatant pen

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

It's all academic anyway cos we had two other decent shouts for a pen ignored so :qq: more imo

Also 35 years since hand of god so it all evens out in the end

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/Carra23/status/1413105232725299201

lmao

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

It's all academic anyway cos we had two other decent shouts for a pen ignored so :qq: more imo

I got really annoyed about the vestergaard punch one because VAR clearly saw it and did gently caress all

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Italy better turn the street wise-ness and savvy to 11 come sunday

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
It doesn't matter anyway as Kane didn't score the penalty, he scored from open play.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

It was a pretty bad penalty. No height and not far from the center. Will be fun if the final ends with penalties.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
It was a terrible penalty, really surprising from Kane. Think that's the first one he's missed in about three years.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

If we lose then i wouldn't mind it being from a poo poo kane penalty and him having to flee the country

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

Its a funny old game

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Looking forward to all the "fair play, that's just being streetwise" from England fans after Verratti shithouses Kane into his second yellow card on Sunday

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
harry kane missed the penalty anyway

it all evens out

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

There never should have been a penalty anyway because the referee should have stopped play for their being two balls on the pitch just before Sterling made his run.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
https://streamable.com/ry3cnc

Soft, but also blatantly a penalty. If a player hitting another player's trailing leg while they're running without any attempt to go for the ball isn't a penalty, I don't know what is.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jakabite posted:

https://streamable.com/ry3cnc

Soft, but also blatantly a penalty. If a player hitting another player's trailing leg while they're running without any attempt to go for the ball isn't a penalty, I don't know what is.

He gets clipped by both players so actually we should have had two penalties there

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Thassa pen

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

It’s two penalties but

Shrapnig posted:

There never should have been a penalty anyway because the referee should have stopped play for their being two balls on the pitch just before Sterling made his run.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Shrapnig posted:

Ball wasn't interfering with play so no

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Shrapnig posted:

:ssh: not the rule, for obvious reasons

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Jensen also arrests his momentum, before stepping again into him whilst raising his hands.
Not every pen has to be from a bookable offence, it's enough to commit a direct free kick offence and that is one.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

This is a much better ending for the plucky Danes instead of getting massacred by cunning Italians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

err posted:

Congratulations England on making it to your first Euros final ever. All it took was an easy route, an almost permanent home advantage while the opposing fans are pretty much banned from even entering the country and a sympathetic referee. Well, at least you have shown during the entire tournament what great sportsmen your countrymen are.

Lol you dumbass these kind of posts are absolutely delicious to fans of whichever team you're impotently flailing against

Inject your tears straight into my veins