Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
What are your reasons for continuing life? What makes you hop outta bed ready to make the day your bitch?
For my entire adult life it’s essentially been going to work so i can have money to get high. But about a month ago I quit everything (even cigs!) hoping that having a sober brain would give me some clarity and motivation, but i still find myself falling into the same thought processes and not doing poo poo all day:(

So GBS, what are some things that help you keep on truckin’ on this doomed earth?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

new video games are always coming out

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

Hell yeah i started playing subnautica and i love scanning fishies and reading about em

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I got kids, family and coworkers who I think and hope kinda want me around. But if it turns out they didnt care niether would I.

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

So more obligation than desire?

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde
I like improving myself. Working out, continuing my education, that kind of stuff. I used to play a lot of video games but I'm just not that interested in them anymore.

e: and teaching my nieces and nephews about the world. They're still young enough where I can amaze them pretty easily.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Tuggin

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Runny poops

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

Tugging on what? be more specific

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I wanna eat more apple pastries. I'm not done yet.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Pretty much cause if I didn't it would upset a handful of people I care about. Also cause I figure if I keep going there's even odds that we destroy the world while I'm still alive and getting to see the end might be interesting.

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

Thats a pretty dope reason we might be the last humans

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Fried okra

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

dog

https://i.imgur.com/0imJvJZ.mp4

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
nothing matters to me and it's essentially a very freeing sensation. The whole point of having a peaceful civilization is that you don't have to think about poo poo or do poo poo or care about poo poo. i'm currently enjoying a post industrial civilization where I can travel 45 miles in air-conditioning with zero effort. my very recent ancestors had to worry about getting stabbed with arrows and poo poo. I have to worry about filling up my hard drives with too many videos. my ancestors had to run around all day and do poo poo. I sit on big comfy pillows and suck down nitrogen mixed with oxygen. I eat as much as I want to never get fat. nothing matters to me because nothing has to matter. it's a beautiful thing

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

You do op. Not enough to read your thread though.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

My favorite Seinfeld character

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

Yeah Elaine is pretty fuckin hot

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

I might own a house one day

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OO9LloDSJo

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Being able to lift people up around me in any ways I possibly can

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
Truckin and fuckin

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

runnypoops posted:

What are your reasons for continuing life?

I have none really, but I seem unable to die. All a loving aching gut wound and cancer managed to kill was my bank account.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

oh i guess my wife and kids as well but really just theres so many video games

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Knot My President! posted:

Being able to lift people up around me in any ways I possibly can

I know this is a v basic answer but I went from welfare and MediCal to having a career and my entire vision of grandeur growing up for the last fifteen years was being able to have my friends over and feed them and hang out and I'm finally able to as of the last 30 days and it's the greatest feeling in the world

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Every day I dream of one day hitting it big on twitter.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

I know this is a v basic answer but I went from welfare and MediCal to having a career and my entire vision of grandeur growing up for the last fifteen years was being able to have my friends over and feed them and hang out and I'm finally able to as of the last 30 days and it's the greatest feeling in the world

gently caress yeah, so happy for you, that makes my day to read

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Love, my goons.

Love.

Trite as a motherfuck but still true.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Yeah this. Currently it's just 'Love for my Friends' and doing anything I can to hold onto that. Other kinds of Love seem to elude me but whatever.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Existence is a short gap bracketed by eternity on either side. When crunchy hippie types say that you are the universe observing itself, that is absolutely true - you are born of the universe, made of the universe, observing the universe, ever so briefly.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
Pure animal instinct. Ooh oohh aaaa aaaaa aaaaaa.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Maybe Conan needs to add another thing to his list. :kimchi:

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

The fact I want to eventually finish my ~fantasy novel~ despite how poop it might be, and the idea that I might be able to make society better in a minute way.
Oh and finding a sweet heavy girl.

E: Also, duh, the delight of seeing all my online friends day by day and supporting them as best I can. Support is free, and feels good.

SRQ fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Jul 6, 2021

Visible Stink
Mar 31, 2010

Got a light, handsome?

Guitar. It's probably the most rewarding thing I've ever done. I like that it has a real tangible sense of progression, where I can play things now I know for sure I couldnt have done when I started. I also find it endlessly thrilling to be able to pick something up and make music with it using just my bare hands. Its one of the few things in life I can say I honestly, truly enjoy doing, even though I'm still kinda poo poo at it

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
I have personal goals and stuff - kid, career stuff that would be rewarding, writing, I dunno, a nice little house or something.

But I also feel like there's a good chance that the things about our societies that we grew up feeling were immutable will in fact fall apart and re-form, and I want to be able to weigh in with everything I can muster on re-making society into something that'll let us humans continue on this planet without a ticking clock to doom hanging over us the way our generations have.

I feel like big concepts like liberation require a lot less mental work and a lot more dumb physical/commitment/sacrifice work than is suggested by the way they're written about. You can be dumb and contribute positively to big things. That "80% is showing up" idea. So I wanna be there for poo poo.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Everyday is another day i get to eat food

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
Inertia +

Vince MechMahon posted:

getting to see the end might be interesting.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I have achieved everything I've ever wanted in life.
No one believes me when I say that and that I'm happy.
What matters now is convincing them that I am.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

If I got like, killed in a car accident or something, I'd be lying to my dogs when I said I'll be back as soon as I can be.

I can't lie to my dogs except for telling them it's gonna be okay when they're dying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

look at that pigs huge balls