Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I bet it was all the doing of those yucksters in FYAD. I’m going off to QCS right now over this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Lol it was absolutely the dea running an incompetent as gently caress operation for some dumbass idea

like literally just lol if you think the dea wouldn’t be this stupid

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Is Haiti even a major drug hub?

bad guy
Jun 20, 2021

i like how all the world leaders are coming out and saying "it's unacceptable to kill a world leader."

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

bad guy posted:

i like how all the world leaders are coming out and saying "it's unacceptable to kill a world leader."

What would you like them to say, exactly?
"gently caress yeah this owns we love extra-judicial killings and think they're rad go hog wild who cares"?

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Big Beef City posted:

"gently caress yeah this owns we love extra-judicial killings and think they're rad go hog wild who cares"?

Joe Biden walks onto stage, looking stonefaced. Opens his mouth "Killing world leaders is cool. I want to die". Everyone applauds.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

"Actually I expect every world leader to gather at his funeral and tell me personally that they're sorry I didn't get enough tickets at Chuck-E-Cheese at Tim's birthday party in 2nd grade because I still feel that it's unfair and it hasn't been recognized. Also that they're all bad and my ideas are cool and awesome and I'm real smart." -- bad guy

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Big Beef City posted:

Technically if some one is above the law then they themselves are extrajudicial.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Yaldabaoth posted:

Technically if some one is above the law then they themselves are extrajudicial.

ty

bad guy
Jun 20, 2021

Big Beef City posted:

:thejoke:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
TBH assassins loudly proclaiming they are from/killing in the name of a different country from where they are actually from or working under seems like a pro-tier move

Vakal posted:

Security footage of the murder:

lol

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
my dad was OSHA and at some point, worked in the same building as DEA guys in Manhattan and he said they always looked worse for wear and more visibly drug-addled than the dudes they were carting in.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
According to other reports the people involved appeared Asian and spoke mainly Spanish with some English. Weird combo.

It was probably local peeps trying to obscure who was behind it because this dude was looking more and more dictatorial

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
just lol if you credulously believe any reporting around political events in Haiti

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Obviously Emperor Xi sent a hit squad to Haiti to take out the president so he could buy the country and turn it into his private tropical resort.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Who would want people to think they were in the DEA when they weren't? That's the most uncool thing you could be. It could only be the actual DEA.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Assuming them shouting that is actually true, it was probably more to prevent anyone from interfering than to throw out a convincing red herring

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
I just came back from hanging out in a bog. Is the president gonna be ok?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
edit: ^^^^ how was the bog?

Yaldabaoth posted:

Obviously Emperor Xi sent a hit squad to Haiti to take out the president so he could buy the country and turn it into his private tropical resort.

Well he certainly wouldn't have been able to buy it wholesale from HRC, no sir!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Mooey Cow posted:

I just came back from hanging out in a bog. Is the president gonna be ok?

He will recover, but he may never dictate again.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

The shooter was A REDDITOR

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies

Saalkin posted:

If you are going to give the DEA this power please give it to the IRS for billionaires.

Over a Billion dollars, jail.

Less than 100 dollars, believe it or not, jail.

Homeless? Jail.

Too many homes? Jail.

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Just saw on CNN they were offering a sacrifice to slenderman smh, when will it stop, lord?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Play posted:

According to other reports the people involved appeared Asian and spoke mainly Spanish with some English. Weird combo.
The Filipinos are invading!

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

runnypoops posted:

Im the new president AMA

dibs on vice president

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Does Haiti have a 'Chancellor of Good Times and not being killed in the streets fun time guy" and if so can I do that remotely as a WAH type thing? If so I call that.

ehhhhhh
May 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Moise was a US stooge anyway so good riddance. Wonder where Mr Aristide is atm.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Yaldabaoth posted:

You know who else is above the law?

And has a history of pretending to be a DEA agent?

I'm not saying Steven Seagal killed this guy on behalf of the Russians, but Steven Seagal totally killed this guy on behalf of the Russians.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

down1nit posted:

Over a Billion dollars, jail.

Less than 100 dollars, believe it or not, jail.

Homeless? Jail.

Too many homes? Jail.

Already in jail? Double jail.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Sunswipe posted:

You know who else is above the law?

This movie was about Seagal taking down people who thought they were above the law just fyi so I don't think Seagal was the culprit here

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010

GolfHole posted:

nobody in their right mind (or even the CIA) would want haiti for any reason to the point where its a negative chance it was them

I will support any coup if they can just bring back the Barbancourt red top.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

This movie was about Seagal taking down people who thought they were above the law just fyi so I don't think Seagal was the culprit here

he got high off his own supply, first chickens from a failed raid, now presidents

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Sunswipe posted:

I'm not saying Steven Seagal killed this guy on behalf of the Russians, but Steven Seagal totally killed this guy on behalf of the Russians.

I doubt Seagal knows how to speak spanish and despite what Under Siege would have you believe, no one could mistake him for asian.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

he weighs like 300 pounds

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

drat US cops really hosed up the address on this no knock warrant

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

They got, well, someone. It's Haiti so who knows what's going on, but it doesn't seem like anyone's buying the DEA thing.

https://www.npr.org/2021/07/07/1014022342/4-suspected-killers-of-president-jovenel-moise-have-been-slain-2-arrested

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
IMO it was the CIA trolling the DEA just for a laugh.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
It was the Egg Council

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp
Haitit when that happens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Yaldabaoth posted:

I doubt Seagal knows how to speak spanish and despite what Under Siege would have you believe, no one could mistake him for asian.

He's the reincarnation of a 17th century Buddhist monk, you racist.