Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Zachack posted:

An interview with Billy Bob Thornton and his band on some podcast called Q. Some of it is word for word. The interview is really weird, it feels like a bit.

It's a nationally broadcasted show on CBC Radio up here in Canada. It's all about music, film, TV... the arts, and artists being interviewed. It's pretty good! Jian of course is gone from it now for being a sex pest, but agree with the sentiment that, looking back, I'm glad Billy Bob gave him poo poo, though at the time, it was almost too tough to listen to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

It's certainly the only thing that's got me interested lately.

Sure, Netflix, take my money so I have unlimited access to both ITYSL and the Gilliverse.

Edit: another thing I appreciate about this show is the naming of some of the episodes. "Oh crap, a bunch more bad stuff just happened", "Thanks for thinking they are cool" and especially "We used to watch this at my old work" all give me this childlike vibe. Like.... 'regular' adults don't talk like that, really. No one says "my old work", even though we al know what that means. And the show is better for having these weird titles.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 21:22 on May 29, 2023

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Bard Maddox posted:

calm down they’re old ones. they don’t stay babies forever idiot. fuckin stupid.

rear end in a top hat

gently caress it, it's garbage. Just forget it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I used to be able to watch this at my old work.

I mean, if I wasn't in training, I'd be able to watch it at my current work, too.

Has this ever happened to you?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Sockser posted:

55 BURGERS
55 FRIES
55 TACOS
55 PIES
55 COKES

Wait I could just run!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Data Graham posted:

I dunno if this show bears much deep digging but it seems like the formula tends to be "Wacky character (usually Tim) exhibits outrageous personality traits that make the straight-men uncomfortable for n minutes of increasing cringiness; then there is a volta upon which it is revealed that Tim/wacky character is actually playing according to internally consistent, understandable rules and the other characters' eyes are opened in understanding".

Whereas Tim & Eric and Mr. Show were way more eclectic and went out of their way to vary genres and styles as wildly as possible, ITYSL seems to prefer to keep to this pattern and find every possible variation on it.

Yeha, I don't mind, though, since Tim and everyone sell it so well.

Plus, the title either refers to the normies talking about the weird guy, or the weird guy talking to a normie.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

roomtone posted:

Yeah I always like the no-Tim sketches because the first minute is about guessing who is the crazy one. When you see Tim, you sort of know it's going to come from him. Except in that dinner sketch with the professor which is one of my favourites.

Patti was underused this season she should be in every episode.

Well, the guy on the plane is a "Normal-Tim" sketch, along with the focus group, and one of the ones at a party. It was this season, but I forget which sketch specifically.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Holy poo poo, I was sitting here, totally convinced I'd never even HEARD of The Characters.

Then I see that Henry Zebrowski is on it, and vaguely remember watching something he was in, that he had mentioned during The Last Podcast on the Left. Turns out, it was his episode on here that I had specifically sought out. It was... fine.

I hadn't even checked out anyone else's work on there at the time and now I'm way more familiar with not just Tim Robinson, but Lauren Lapkus too. Looking forward to checking it out.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I just realized that the owner of the zipline is in the Nutrigrain "I feel GREEAAAAT" fake commercial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h_nJE2nZWM

That's him in the thumbnail, on the right. Neat.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jun 6, 2023

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

zoux posted:

Opening sketch of that is my favorite Tim Robinson sketch of all time.

Where he's telling that story to the old guys?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Weedle posted:

no one talks about the king of slams. that is a next-level sketch with an incredible emotional arc

The guy playing the King of Slams looks like a younger JK Simmons. It's weird.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

LifeLynx posted:

I pulled up to a Wendy's drive-through and had to stop myself from laughing. This show gets in your head.

55 frosties!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Stairmaster posted:

why are these sketches always in a loving office

Extremely easy to build and very cheap to shoot in. Like you barely need to decorate it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Edit: yeah, that one.

El Jeffe posted:

I actually catalogued all the sketches and their "genres" the other day, curious to see any trends over the seasons (I was very bored). Out of 84 sketches, I think 24 are set in some sort of work function, 17 of which are in an actual workplace. So you were right on the money for the lower bound.

Ok, what did you classify the hat sketch as?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Poque posted:

They said that to me at a dinner.

I used to watch this at my old work.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

If I had seen the Carmine mask as a kid, I'd be scarred for life. I already had to deal with Mr Boogedy and that woman who got turned into a robot in Superman 3.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Escobarbarian posted:

It is the most perfect Conner O’Malley delivery

I think my favourite Connor O'Malley bit is him as the bullshit record producer. "It'll be great! You'll be a star!!"

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

The toilet only for farts is smaller than your original. You know what that means?

It's free real estate.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Gonz posted:

I actually wanna go here more than I wanna go to Aqua.

Yeah, but if you take the tour of the haunted house, it's adults only, so you can say whatever you want.

Cumshot.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

"Where be your nutcracker?" is an all-timer

The accuracy of that character is scary. Tim Heidecker is crazy good at that poo poo. I mean, just look at that stand up show he did where he was playing a hack character. It's over an hour and it's awesome. His Joe Rogan douchebag podcaster is great too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gnnFVRlucg

And the Joe Rogan parody, which won't parse as a link for an embedded video, for some reason:

https://www.youtube.com/live/P6Iyg9fznvM?feature=share

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Jun 26, 2023

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

True.

Also, reality TV is a cancer.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Lol at not having a wife that also loves to quote dumb poo poo at you like a weirdo. How people manage to get into decade plus relationships without having the same sense of humor is beyond me.

My wife and I initially bonded through a Peep Show reference I made on a mutual friend's post, so generally, we're on the same page, but when awkwardness is concerned, I thrive on it, she can't take it.

This is like her kryptonite, right here, but is one of my favourite videos. It's unrelated to ITYSL, other than being tough to watch for some.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lItkr3MR1I4

I think my favourite ITYSL sketch, start to finish, is the dinner with the teacher one. It builds up the awkwardness and then seals it with the punchline.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

Being in a circle of dudes quoting funny movie quotes to one another is no bullshit some of the simplest joy life can know.

It's true. It sounds super dumb explained or written out, but :shrug:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I'm at a wake right now, wearing nice pants and had to pee. As I'm going, I'm thinking "worse comes to worse, I just have to really sell Calico Cut pants.... but then I'll need to build a site, and fuckin' EVERYBODY'S gotta give...

.... maybe if Corncob TV were here, it'd take the attention away from me should that happen..." :thunk:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Patti is wonderful. I first saw her as one of Aidy's coworkers in Shrill and I love how she brings that same energy and distaste for humanity to all she does.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

MokBa posted:

Patti Harrison might be the single funniest person working in comedy today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZOIpsxfzxw

(I don't disagree, I just had to use it)

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I just love the way he occasionally mangles words or terms, like "You wanna walk to the food store?" or "...there was monsters on the world."

Same. I mentioned it a few weeks ago, but his childlike delivery, like how it seems as if he doesn't quite have a grasp of proper English, is great.

Edit: here it is....

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Edit: another thing I appreciate about this show is the naming of some of the episodes. "Oh crap, a bunch more bad stuff just happened", "Thanks for thinking they are cool" and especially "We used to watch this at my old work" all give me this childlike vibe. Like.... 'regular' adults don't talk like that, really. No one says "my old work", even though we al know what that means. And the show is better for having these weird titles.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Gonna say completely inappropriate and awkward things to people and when I'm confronted...

Also, I'm on my phone so I wanted to save that page to my 'desktop' (or whatever you call your phone's background area with the icons) and it instead asked me to install a React app.

Now I have an app (through Google chrome?) that just goes to that site. Is there some sort of tag on pages like that so they're included in making apps just for reaction/meme images? It's weird but I think I like it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Oh my God...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Was this posted? It was uploaded a year ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmhVrmael_U