Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Khanstant posted:

Dylan's Burger is one of the most infectious to me. "gimme dat" and "Ii'm joookin', iiiim jokin" are often handy.

Yeah, "Iiiiii'm jokin'!" has permanently entered my lexicon.

It's so hard to pick any favourite line as this entire show is perfect, but one that never fails to send me is "I've seen a lot of these!" from Honk If You're Horny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
This has probably been commented on before, but there are a couple of sketches in the show that aren't necessarily so dependant on their usual dialog format, the script is still funny but there's an underlying inside joke painted by something else in the production design. I'm thinking particularly of Fenton's Stables & Horses, where they clearly paid someone a lot of money to shrink all of the horses' penises in post-production.

Also I love Zach Kanin's cameos. The focus group sketch where he's the mark, him as one of the alien biker dudes, and his "Oh no" when he realizes he is also dressed like a hotdog, are hilarious.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
PALM TREE GIRLS LOVE PALM TREE GUYS

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
"Can you hurry up?"
"I've seen a lot of these!!!"

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Conner's delivery in the 'laser spine surgery' sketch is the best because he has that little smirk that looks like he's right on the edge of breaking, every single line.

"Your family doesn't love you! Only I love you!!!"

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Killed a Girl in 96 posted:

My fiance hates this show, hates Tim Robinson, and hates Netflix for allowing them to make a season 3. Even she laughed at his delivery.

He's even great as (kind of) the straight-man in the 'Blues Brothers' sketch.

"What the gently caress is he doing.... Hey man, what're you doing?!?!"

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Conner posted this incredible like, ten-minute video where he used his 360-camera fuckery and hilarious post-production to a degree I've never before seen, but it disappeared from his YT channel after a couple of weeks without a trace. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Chairman Capone posted:

Do you mean the Hudson Yards video game?

https://youtu.be/H9ig4PzP2Sw

No, it was something else, posted more recently (although probably still close to a year out now). I don't even recall much of the content but I think his character was fighting with his partner in a parking lot, possibly over child custody or divorce or whatever but obviously it's peppered with wackjob conspiracy nonsense like the rest of his videos, and then I think he ends up in the desert with some guy. But the whole thing is shot with one of those 360-degree cameras like a GoPro Fusion, and instead of using the tech to dynamically frame things, it's 'wrapped' in a really trippy way so you can see all angles simultaneously, and keeps warping around as he chews the scenery.

I know it sounds crazy, but so does describing any of his other videos. It existed for a brief minute there, I swear.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Oh wow, that's the one. Thanks!

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-basketball

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Don't do the voice.

I think the only sketch in ITYSL that falls flat for me is the game show bit with Andy Samberg. It just loses all steam.

Just remembered this, also from SNL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80oHMSruQFs

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Conner's back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bm6VOgmv9-c

EDIT: This is absolute lunacy.

Mister Speaker fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Apr 6, 2023

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
>In a local bar called Cash Only, owned and staffed by a friend
>Go to bar to pay bill, produce debit card
>Owner stares in disbelief

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Escobarbarian posted:

lmao why would you still have a cash only place in 2023

There are tons of bars like this in my neighbourhood. I guess if you're clueless enough to go to one without taking out cash beforehand the owner makes a little extra money off of you because they own the ATM in the basement.

They also have a rule, where if you order the nachos to share, one person can't just eat all the fully-loaded nachos.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
YOU GOTTA GIVE

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Sunday Funday with these pig dicks.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

sticksy posted:

Same - both Tim and Connor can barely suppress their smirks the entire sketch and there is shot where you briefly can see Connor breaking when Tim talks about “if I hear about you tricking one more old guy at the mall!!”

One of my favourite exchanges in the whole series and yeah, they're on the edge of losing it the whole time.

"YOUR FAMILY DOESN'T LOVE YOU! ONLY I LOVE YOU!!!"

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Tim Heidecker is so good in that sketch. He's very good at playing a specific kind of insufferable dickhead.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
It's going to be a hit but you HAVE to RELAX!

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I'M GONNA GET THAT LINE.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
"So if you get a tattoo you don't get anything for Christmas?"
"Not that year."

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Unprofessional bullshit.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Are you dumb?

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Jian Ghomeshi turned out to be a huge sexpest creep so in retrospect watching him get chewed out by a possibly-drunk Billy Bob Thornton is kinda cathartic.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
One thing I love about this show is that whoever is in charge of casting is very good at picking really funny-looking people for speaking roles in sketches. Jimmy Taco, the guy who's "gotta give," the 'arch nemesis' that Tim's character splashes fake water on, etc... Just about everybody on the show has some sort of funny look or quirk to them.

Also every time Zach Kanin shows up it's funny because he's a little squinty-eyed homonculus. (He's the guy "dressed like a hotdog," also has a small part in the Bikers from Outer Space sketch and lots of others).

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Conner O'Malley is really in top form with the Frankenstein's Chick sketch. I've never seen him try to emote sadness before and it's just as unhinged and hilarious as his other material.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I just like the idea that they had to hire a CG artist to digitally shrink all the horsecocks. To me, that's the real joke of that sketch.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-uSWAJd9GE

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

zoux posted:

Warning: If you watch the above sketch, you will hear it like that in your head forever more.

Yeah, no kidding. It's like the 'TIME TO DELIVER A PIZZA BALL' cadence from The Eric Andre Show. Sometimes I find myself just saying it completely out of nowhere.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
The Bear was good - I went in thinking it was a hard drama and was surprised by how comedic it turned out - but it feels like the kitchen stuff is laid on a little too thick, like it's a caricature of BOH life. I've worked in lots of kitchens with assholes with anger problems, and while all the tropes are accurate, I've never seen someone storm off in anger and shout "BEHIND!!! ... CORNER ... BEHIND!!!" as they head for the smoking pit. I don't really know how else to put it but it seems like the show has a mildly-unreasonable idea of how seriously most chefs/owners take themselves, especially at the level of a sandwich shop.

Also when it came out a bunch of people I used to work with messaged me like "omg this guy reminds me of you so much" which, I guess I can see the resemblance (big nose curly hair big frame) but it bums me out because A: I've been bald for years and B: I hope they didn't see me as that much of a hothead. :(

Matty Matheson as the only guy on the show who doesn't cook was a pretty funny touch, though.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I lived in Egypt for a year! I lived in Egypt for a year!!!

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Jizz.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I think my favourite Connor O'Malley bit is him as the bullshit record producer. "It'll be great! You'll be a star!!"

Same here. I've said it before but I think the reason it's so funny is you can tell he's on the edge of breaking with literally every line delivery. Like if they hadn't cut away exactly when they did you'd see him cracking up.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I'd be well within my rights to KILL you right now.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
The only good reality show is Jury Duty.

Which you really should watch if you haven't already, it's incredible.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
WOULD YOU SHUT THE gently caress UP?! CLOTH IS HAIR. IT'S LIKE LITTLE TINY HAIR!!!

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Let's make a move. I gotta catch a glimpse of these warlocks.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

George H.W. oval office posted:

Monty Python and the Holy Grail quotes can gently caress off though. Super Troopers can stay for now

"It's powdered sugar."
"Yes, it's part of the de-lousing procedure. The lice hate the sugar-"
"It's delicious."
"... Good!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I hate little bald boys. Every time I see little bald boys, I think I'm back in the pants.