Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
STREET FIGHT 72 69.90%
MIXED TAG 13 12.62%
IDOLO DEBUTS 7 6.80%
STRAP MATCH 5 4.85%
TRIOS 6 5.83%
Total: 103 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

animeluva1 posted:

My image editing skills are poo poo these days. Consider this as part of the proposal to BBT. The people to put into this match (left) are for inspiration only.

Drop OC and replace with Darby IMO. You don't build a cage this big to NOT have Darby do something stupid off it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Hope during the match Ego and Darby agree not to put each other in the coffin, but decide it's time for Ryzin to be buried for good.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Rarity posted:

Don't get too hype for Sammy/Yuta, it's a 6 match card so it's gonna be short

There are worse things we could get than a Sammy/Yuta sprint.

I am also expecting Penelope/Yuka to be on the shorter side, with maybe a post-match angle to set up Yuka’s angle for her excursion.

animeluva1
Aug 9, 2003

Hopefully I'll have that
problem someday.

Dacap posted:

Drop OC and replace with Darby IMO. You don't build a cage this big to NOT have Darby do something stupid off it.

You know you got an amazing roster when you can throw practically anyone on the line and get quality entertainment.

Keeping Kenny there because this is for the thicc belt.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
no no no, i want the cage filled with bees, not beads

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/ShopAEW/status/1415359585691574272

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

^^^^^^^^
Edit: poo poo beaten like a steel drum

loving sick

https://www.shopaew.com/shida-vs-ca...until-7-21.html

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Rarity posted:

Don't get too hype for Sammy/Yuta, it's a 6 match card so it's gonna be short

I'm perfectly fine with a 6-match card if it means we don't get a 27 minute Cody Rhodes Town Hall

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
One other thing that is easy to forget since we haven't had live shows in a year: For sold out shows production kills will almost always open up a few hundred tickets the day before the show or day of. WrestleTix is a really useful resource if the secondary market is crazy and you want to get in last minute as they tweeted about the new seats today right when they opened up.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Drakkel posted:

I'm perfectly fine with a 6-match card if it means we don't get a 27 minute Cody Rhodes Town Hall

I sure hate him doing those every week.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

the cody hate on here specifically is from a different world

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Every Cody Rhodes town hall actually only ends when the next one starts

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Starks need to win the FTW belt then either defend the gently caress out of it week in and week out, or Cage needs to retain then throw it in the trash to go full on babyface,

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

New Thunder Rosa and Abadon shirts as well that aren’t massively embarrassing.

enigmahfc posted:

Starks need to win the FTW belt then either defend the gently caress out of it week in and week out, or Cage needs to retain then throw it in the trash to go full on babyface,

Given the angle last week, I got the impression Starks was going to turn more heel and the rest of Team Taz would move towards the face side of things, which would move Cage into a position to be a challenger to Kenny between now and he Hangman factory at All Out,

Lead Pipe Cinch fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jul 14, 2021

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

a cyborg mug posted:

Every Cody Rhodes town hall actually only ends when new AEW star debuts

fixed that for you

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

animeluva1 posted:

My image editing skills are poo poo these days. Consider this as part of the proposal to BBT. The people to put into this match (left) are for inspiration only.

before i expanded the thumb i thought Penta was a lil budgie

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Sammy and Yuta will claim 15 minutes by right of power

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

With Cody not on the card, will the devious devil man Malakai Black make an appearance tonight???

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Mons Hubris posted:

With Cody not on the card, will the devious devil man Malakai Black make an appearance tonight???

He will be posting from his dungeon

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Mons Hubris posted:

Before the match can start Sting will have to chase Malakai out of the coffin w/ a broom.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
yuta seems cool and his dark matches were entertaining but hauscome he's getting a rocket so quickly

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

graph posted:

yuta seems cool and his dark matches were entertaining but hauscome he's getting the rocket so quickly

He was partially trained by Chuck and OC and makes a decent replacement for Trent? basically

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Yoots got that stroke

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Really excited to watch communist revolutionary Karl Mox in the ring tonight

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Pylons posted:

He was partially trained by Chuck and OC and makes a decent replacement for Trent? basically

mm ok

but still, a singles with sammy on tv in his third week?

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Pylons posted:

And we’ll also finally see what TK would’ve done if Ben Carter had stuck around, although I mainly think this match was mainly driven by a desire to get Sammy on the card in a showcase in Central Texas.

I would imagine Archer and Thunder Rosa will get similar shots up in Dallas, although TR operates MPW more around Austin.

Lead Pipe Cinch fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jul 14, 2021

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

smarxist posted:

before i expanded the thumb i thought Penta was a lil budgie

This should be his next gear. Skelton, Joker, Budgie. The three genders.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

drat AEW knows how to take my money, I hope this shirt is available at the show tonight.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

graph posted:

yuta seems cool and his dark matches were entertaining but hauscome he's getting a rocket so quickly

it is pretty funny that AEW takes development at such a measured pace that a midcard match with no stakes is considered a rocket

I'm not disagreeing, just considering it in the context of other companies

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

StarkRavingMad posted:

it is pretty funny that AEW takes development at such a measured pace that a midcard match with no stakes is considered a rocket

how many other dark folks got a no stakes midcard match on dynamite

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It'll probably be like Mox/Comoroto or MJF/Griff where it's basically a squash but there's enough of a character moment that Yuta still gets over

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

I'll tell you what though, if Yuta does beat Sammy Guevarra, that would certainly be interesting

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I need to practice for tonight...

Ahem...

ATATATATATATATAT

AUAUAUAUAUAUAU

Got to keep working on it.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Pylons posted:

Did Trent get hurt again?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Jackie D posted:

he had neck fusion surgery last week

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Pinwiz11 posted:

I need to practice for tonight...

Ahem...

ATATATATATATATAT

AUAUAUAUAUAUAU

Got to keep working on it.

Excited to announce Coward Tony has licensed the following song for Yuka Sakazaki

https://youtu.be/OBsf8DdRwpI

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

graph posted:

he had neck fusion surgery last week

gently caress

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Jackie D posted:

Who knows if it was like something specific or just an accumulated amount of dumbass bumps that he's taken over the years but yes, he had neck fusion surgery.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Should have been Cammy vs. Sammy in the Battle of the Exposed Butt Cheeks.

But for real, I need a Birdie vs. Eddie Kingston shirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

graph posted:

how many other dark folks got a no stakes midcard match on dynamite

Cezar and Hot Young Briley both did, JD Drake got a TNT Title match, Bear Country got a feud before they were signed and then lots of people earlier in the COVID era.