Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
STREET FIGHT 72 69.90%
MIXED TAG 13 12.62%
IDOLO DEBUTS 7 6.80%
STRAP MATCH 5 4.85%
TRIOS 6 5.83%
Total: 103 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I've decided I'm going to be really into whatever dumb bullshit lore stuff Black does, so please everyone prepare yourselves for that.

Unless it's like fiend level bad. But as long as it's not that I'm gonna call it "the fiend done right" even if it's nothing like the Fiend.

Thank you all for your time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Waffleopolis posted:

I hope AEW comes to Kentucky sooner or later I wanna go to an event. :(

Same but Minnesota. I'm probably waiting till next summer if they're not coming around all out though.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

coconono posted:

there's gonna be a lot of struggle to spell Malakai. Thankfully the semi-famous poet, Malachi Black, doesn't have a twitter.

Oh man I would have loved to see some confused poet not understand why people keep asking him about lore all the time.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

coconono posted:

somehow, I think this dude can navigate it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVd8pIDHM_M

Was hoping he was an old person poet not some millennial nerd poet. That's way less fun.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Guillermus posted:

I never followed Tommy End (more so since my big wrestling hiatus since 2011ish until early 2020 AEW) but I did some youtube research. Looks like he can be a great adition to the roster!

Now if they can some day get Miro's wife so they can just go out to the ring like some old testament kings, that would be amazing.

Lana has about two months to go then she can show up and I wouldn't be surprised if she did.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

He shoulda dressed as The Joker

Penta would have been too confused to compete.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Kunabomber posted:

It's freakin Minnesota, I'm sure there's a badass indie promotion literally less than 2 hours away

I'm going to a local show less than 10 miles away on Saturday that Sonny Kiss and Dante Martin are both at. So yeah you're right.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

fez_machine posted:

or even in kayfabe is it so hard to believe that Black orchestrated his debut with GM Tony Khan who had secretly already signed him so as to get a blacked out arena during an inconsequential Arn interview and then Khan told Black's new gimmick name into the commentary team's ear pieces?

He turned off the lights with his magic powers.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Speaking of Tranquilo, Andrade absolutely did the lay in the middle of the ring all casual like thing at one point and all the cameras seemed to go out of their way to miss it.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I bet Shanna shows up in WWE doing an "immigrant who did it the RIGHT way" gimmick.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

DeathChicken posted:

A good chunk of the AEW roster are Performance Center washouts (from Luchasaurus to Tay Conti to Aubrey) with nothing but horror stories to say about it

Don't forget Kenny. Although it might have still been FCW then.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Grant DaNasty posted:

This guy is claiming to be the one that jumped the rail on Dynamite.

https://twitter.com/MuufuhkinMark/status/1413486040346726402

Bragging like a bad rear end about getting my rear end absolutely handed to me by a fifty year old alcoholic and then getting dragged away by security while acting like a baby.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

That guy should be taken away until it's certain he isn't going to try and jump the rail with a gun next time.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I hope everyone is reporting his poo poo for threats of violence to get him banned from Twitter, btw. If you haven't you can do it even without an account.

E: The Cornette idiot not Danzig. You could report him for the lyrics of most of his early songs though, if you really want.

Vince MechMahon fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Jul 9, 2021

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

In the new outside the ring Darius is right when he says Krave is a great cereal no one talks about. He's my best friend now.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

karmicknight posted:

is this a minnesota thing?

It's Kellogg not general Mills who are located here, so I think it must be at least regional if not national!

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Last word on Krave cereal: the cookie dough version specifically is the best. Don't get the double chocolate, it's way too much.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Chuckling at HHH defaulting to “spooky metal satan guy is a natural face”.

This is one of the only things he's right about.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I want to see a character like that do some despicable stuff.

Unrealistic. Satanists are just metal head stoners. All heels should be super religious right wingers just like in real life.

Le Saboteur posted:

This is why Ministry of Darkness Undertaker is best Undertaker. He was sacrificing motherfuckers and what not.

The ministry of Darkness did nothing wrong until they joined with the corporation. Then they were good heels, per my previous point, minus the religious part.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

King Of Coons posted:

This is backwards. GMs hq is off 394 on General Mills avenue or some poo poo in like GV.

Ex is the most important talent in the company and the Mexicans are the best dressed by a country mile.

Give the goblins their gold

General Mills is located in Minneapolis (at least the factories but I think corporate too?) and they do not make Krave cereal, so I don't think it's local.

Kellogg isn't based here and do make Krave cereal, so it is at least regional, but probably national.

I'm sorry for the confusion.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

They made a movie about this in the 90s but I never saw it.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

He was also really into enemas, right? Or was that another crazy capitalist weirdo?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

ozymandius1024 posted:

Nope, same one. He was loving horrifying.

I bet if enemas caught on with the cornflakes it would have worked and no one would rub one out ever again.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Astro7x posted:

You can still get tickets to All Out!

gently caress Ticketmaster so hard...

They did this for the entire My Chemical Romance reunion tour for all non-presale tickets and it was insane and all my aging emo friends were very upset. Ticketmaster sucks rear end.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

a cyborg mug posted:

He’s going to ride MJF like a little pony

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Lanky_Nibz posted:

I keep thinking about that MMA dude cutting that promo. It was honestly really good. I loved how he grabbed the mic, slowly made his way to the ring, established credibility, plugged the promotion, plugged his OWN promotion, and then tried to say he actually hated it all. It was crackerjack work -- he even faced the hard cam! All from someone who "didn't like modern wrestling."

Good stuff. My wife was shocked that he took that bump but I noted that given his two cauliflower ears and being the head coach for Top Team, Im sure he was fine lol.

Yeah I've got no clue who he was but he was instantly understandable as a character and seeing Lance murder him was fun.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

smarxist posted:

wow, this elevation looks stacked

I bet it's stacked for at least the first leg of the first big tour back.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

rantmo posted:

One of the Everything Elite hosts was at the show and had an episode with his brother where they laid out the DE card but I turned it off when they started to get a little too spoilery than I wanted. That said:

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1413615192294912003?s=20

:dance:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

sticklefifer posted:

I hope Malakai Black is going to team with his cousin Baron.

"Malakai! It's your cousin, Barron. Baron Black! You know that hot new wrestling you were looking for? Get a load of this!" *Texts YouTube link to AEW*

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

So does Tommy End do one of the vlogs?

Not yet but I wouldn't be shocked if he shows up in one or starts his own thing.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

Yeah, I meant to speculate. I'm curious if he does one or if he stays off to not ruin his character. But a bunch of other people handle that fine, look at Abadon

I feel like if he shows up on them he stays fully in character and they aren't played for comedy.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Helicity posted:

That's a Target - which is also headquartered in Minnesota. And they said it was "flyover country"!

Best Buy is also from here, and we invented the idea of putting the cheese inside the meat in the cheeseburger. We are God's blessed land.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Helicity posted:

Counterpoint: My Pillow, and Guererro and Pillman died here.

We do not acknowledge my pillow guy as one of us.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Tornaaaadoooo.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

New Everything But Wrestling is up with Shida and Nyla:

https://youtu.be/GUi0jjUSNE8

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Oh, yeah, I know that much, I just didn’t think Cody-nepotism points were necessarily worth that much given whats made it to TV.

It's not Cody nepotism points. Do you think when people get out of the performance center onto NXT that's HHH nepotism? It's literally a school founded to be a place to get new young talent from.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The main event at the local show I went to tonight was Sonny vs Dante, so pretty much an Elevation match. Dante got a huge pop cause he's from here but the place exploded for Sonny.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Sliced Lime. Delicious.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Helicity posted:

How was it for someone that still prefers to wear a mask in public and doesn't prefer to sit for long periods due to a back injury?

The one I went to was outside under a covering, and you could either buy a seat or GA standing tix. Cause it was outside hardly anyone was masked but a few were, and there was plenty of room close to the ring but not near other people.

It might be very different it it was indoors though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Guess there's always room for cream. Down the hatch!

Mulholland Boulevard is in Hollywood, you know.