Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
STREET FIGHT 72 69.90%
MIXED TAG 13 12.62%
IDOLO DEBUTS 7 6.80%
STRAP MATCH 5 4.85%
TRIOS 6 5.83%
Total: 103 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Penta should do Nightwing next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Oil! posted:

Evil Uno:

1) Worked for the Canadian government
2) Had a security clearance
3) Wears suits
4) Is incredibly handsome

He is the Canadian James Bond.

he looks nothing like Brian Cage

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Miro has to drive everywhere because he beat up airport security guy for trying to take his belt. God will forgive him tho.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ethan Page owes me money

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I like that AEW lets guys acknowledge their indie roots and don't automatically use it as a shame stick.

WWE's hahah lookit these bingo hall losers stuff was tired in the 90s.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

shock collar match. Sammy vs Jericho.

MJF has a big stage apparatus with two huge buttons.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Endless Mike posted:

Yeah, it's cool that they acknowledge that there's a whole world of wrestling outside AEW and that the people in AEW often have had relationships (both good and bad!) with others in those. It gives an impression (however little it's actually used) that almost anyone could appear for a show or two just because why not?

it also reminds us that they're all hardworking professionals instead of WWE's loser geeks that won't amount to anything.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

hopefully more TV time means more spooky poo poo.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

in my limited experience, all the english speaking saudis that care about this discourse work for the government.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Rarity posted:

Please don't disrespect Mel Mudkiper's hard work

Ministry of Tourism intern Mel Mudkiper.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

there's gonna be a lot of struggle to spell Malakai. Thankfully the semi-famous poet, Malachi Black, doesn't have a twitter.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Vince MechMahon posted:

Oh man I would have loved to see some confused poet not understand why people keep asking him about lore all the time.

somehow, I think this dude can navigate it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVd8pIDHM_M

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I knew Black was coming in and very soon. When the first lights dipped, I figured Black was gonna run in on the QT/Cody match because I didn't really care about the result of the match. He didn't and Cody did his Cody bullshit, which was a good enough consolation prize.

And yeah, I'd completely forgotten about Black possibly debuting when Arn came out. Then the lights dipped, I was high af and thought it was Cody for a second. Then my blasted brain caught up and started filling in Tommy End.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

did they not keep a copy of the contract at the office

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Helicity posted:

AEW's the first thing I've wanted to go to live in 22 years.

If any of my friends enjoyed wrestling at all, maybe I'd check out indie stuff :shrug:

If you’re somewhat socially adept you can make new friends at indie shows!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

A Fancy Hat posted:

WWE is going to drive a dump truck full of money up to people like Hangman, Darby, Jungle Boy, Britt, and Orange Cassidy. I don't foresee anybody signing unless there's some major change at WWE, it seems like the last few rounds of releases have really soured a lot of talent on working for WWE.

WWE has some sort of weird hypnotism over gullible wrestlers.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

make Eddie Kingston take Raku's special move

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm in section 666 sitting next to Danzig and the dudes from Neckbeard Deathcamp.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

someone in the Miami FBI office is pinching the bridge of their nose.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

when I was 20 something, I wanted to throw an arena beer at John Cena. Because it'd be funny, and other than wasting $15, no real harm would come of it. I still want to do that, but it'd be weird going to a movie debut of FF or whatever and doing that. Esp since I don't drink anymore.

I still chuckle at the time Seth Rollins got bonked with a fan's MITB case. Because that fuckin snitch deserves it.

Anyway, don't rush the wrestlers. They do physical poo poo all the time, you do not. And the security guards are all bluelivespilled weirdos that absolutely want to curbstomp you.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Oil! posted:

I was at Bash at the Beach in 1996 and may or may not have thrown trash toward the ring (no way in hell I made it from where we were) and it was awesome at the time. Bottlegate 1+2 in Cleveland were probably where I turned since they put up the field goal nets and people kept getting loaded trays of nachos hit them.

more than one Indianapolis Ice game has been delayed due to beer cups thrown on the ice.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MorningMoon posted:

Honestly, as Sammy's Vlog and BTE have further and further evolved into longterm storytelling comedies that happen to take place backstage, I think there's a strong need for a Malakai Vlog where he just talks about the minutia of whatever he's doing.

yeah he needs to quit stream squatting.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Chuckling at HHH defaulting to “spooky metal satan guy is a natural face”. Wonder what he thinks a natural heel is? Lemme go check out NXT’s newest heel stable...

tiny paul voice: black people are sc-sc--sc-scwary

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Now come on, be fair. There's also asian people doing endless 1950s inscrutable backstabber gimmicks.

and kicks.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

As long as they're not slapping their legs while doing it.

I think Mercedes Martinez would have appreciated the warning.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Kairi could rock denim overalls and it'd be smokin. That's her secondary superpower.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

it was pretty clever of Miro to wait until after he beat Lance Archer to start with the god talk. Since Lance is stupid into Jesus.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Shard posted:

I demand a history lesson from you this instant

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/32042/corn-flakes-were-invented-part-anti-masturbation-crusade

e: goddamn this dude was a dipshit.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

John Harvey Kellog and the railing jumper on the same level of stupid.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ngl a cornflake enema sounds really kinky!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Also the electric ones are not powered by beer no matter how much you spill on the motor

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Penguin Patrol posted:

Team Taz right now. The AAA wrestling faction.

ftfy

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Honk was the best part.

Leva was the 2nd best.

This BTE blew rear end.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I didn't really like the bucks making GBS threads on having to do the vlog and then making GBS threads on AEW. I felt that was unneeded.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Leva sported a POWERFUL look on BTE this week. Had the Honk not lost his goddamn mind, Leva would be the BTE of the week winner

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

BTE would be better if it was -1 constantly clowning on Malakai Black

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Davros1 posted:

Sign Diamante, Tony

hello I think this is a great idea. Tony please sign Diamante. No don't hang up I have a triple cage match that'll blow your mind.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cody all in white telling a mostly black crowd how to use condoms

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cody going around Nigeria saying "you know if you stopped shooting each other and listened to the central government you'd be better off"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

idk how Malaki Black figured into any of this.

Maybe Cody should crossrhodes the poet?