Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

beep by grandpa posted:

Go DUSTIN !!! Retire this clown 👊

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Yoooo that ending!

Beautiful submission, wasn't expecting that turnaround.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Pretty fun fight, shame it went to the judges.

EDIT WHAT WTF that first judge aahaha

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

I was about to write Eye off but then she got that takedown :stare:

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

gently caress and the only way I remember Jessica Eye is her last nickname being "Evil Ear" because she got a horrific ear injury a few years ago.

Jesus this poor woman

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

BULLSHIT!

I'm screaming my voice hoarse at the TV like an old man and I'm a youngish woman. But..

BULLSHIT BULLSHIT BULLSHIT

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Nice, I was worried they were gonna give that to Eye

I think she deserved a split at least, she was one-dimensional as hell but Maia was also really passive

E: Lol that random jump. Giles is literally me in a fighting game

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

gently caress I look away for half a second and goodnight.

This is a really fun card so far

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Baby Verdum

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Turns out rolling around like a playful toddler isn’t viable whoda thunk

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

I’m still laughing.

That was the funniest not-a-deliberate-circus fight in a while

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah Hall's a good guy and a great fighter but he was like a kid mashing the B button the entire fight. He deserves to get poo poo for his performance tonight, just like Silva is a loving legend but deserved to get poo poo for underestimating Weidman.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Fun fight, I’m… okay with the call, but not feeling the judges tonight. Both men fought their goddamn hearts out

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Condit looking like it’s time to retire. Jesus. :(

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

gently caress the ref. Carlos is waking up a little, bit but it’s clear his better days are way behind him and this is how CTE happens

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Lmao, I stand corrected. Put away the Bellator Nursing Home pamphlet for now.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

UFC needs to start offering good severance packages so these aging fighters stop tarnishing their great legacies by fighting waaay past their prime.

Over Dana’s dead overripe tomato body though. Probably Scott Coker’s too

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Goddamn, saved by the bell

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

I can't be mad at the early stoppage. Herb Dean defied the Blood Gods for once.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Actually early stoppages should be more common in fights that turn out like this and Herb did the right thing even if more punches would have been more cool. The momentum of the fight wasn’t going to change in those last few seconds, dude was done.

This stuff is really really dangerous and I’m still waiting for someone to keel over in the ring. It kinda happened with Dada/Kimbo but I mean really straight up die

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

i can still taste him posted:

I am still not on board with WMMA. Trash me all you want, but Invicta was perfect: those who want to watch WMMA can go watch it there.

I only watch exciting men's fights!

*Watches fat old heavyweights throw 3 haymakers then caress eachother while gassing out for the remaining 14 minutes*

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Goofballs posted:

please god let this be fast

Well you got your wish. :stare: drat that was fun. The good kind of heavyweight fight

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Marching Powder posted:

gender, skill, gas tank, none of this poo poo has any bearing on if a fight will be good. wonderboy and woodley were at the very pinnacle of the most prestigious division in mma history. sometimes, fights are good. gender does not increase or decrease this likelihood in my viewing experience.

I know, it was a joke.

Heavyweights probably appear to gas more often because they are more likely to stick around past the 30s because power doesn't age out as quickly as speed does. I don't know though, I'm a noodle-armed goon commenting on the internet who would lose a fight to an inflatable arm man :shrug:

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Marching Powder posted:

i was agreeing with your joke not lecturing you. there are some people out there that are legit on the edge of their seat for kimbo dada5000 but i didn't mistake you for one.

Lmao at looking forward to that for any reason other than comedy, that was the best worst fight ever. The aftermath, though...gently caress. :\

Also I love this Tai man, he is going to fill the Mark Hunt-shaped void in my heart

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Marching Powder posted:

finish on people

Lmao. gently caress that back of the head-mashing douche. :mad:

I'm nervous as poo poo too. Just want McGregor GONE. He's sapped so much joy out of recent UFC for me personally, like if Jon Jones's bender went Super Saiyan

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Shirkelton posted:

There's no real point in worrying about McGregor's ongoing impact, because win, lose or draw, he's going to vanish for like two years at least.

He needs to lose, repeatedly, to fade into obscurity because all it takes is one win in a blue moon for him to hang around via commercials, clips and on commentator's lips.

Just lingering in the room for ages like a bad fart

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

WHAT the gently caress

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Ahahahaah get fooked you salty little drug gremlin

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Ahahahaha

gently caress I’m gonna have trouble winding down to sleep tonight, this card was crazy and the social media/salt from the main event aftermath is going to be so good

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

Aight i've been digesting this, so, at first I was screaming at the TV and my friends how bullshit it was that Herb didn't stop the fight when Conor was laying there in fetal position getting his face beaten in for those last 15 seconds, and how angry I was that this might go to a doctor's stoppage and give Conor leverage for a fourth fight, but after some thought, this is the coolest thing that has ever happened ever.

HOW OFTEN, my friends, do you get to see a southern louisiana get literal death threats and really hosed up claims of dustin's wife sliding into his DMs and poo poo, telling him all these vile, lovely things, trying to kick him in the weighs ins, cheating during the fight, acting completely outside of the rules that all the athletes must adhere to, all leading to a 1st round stoppage getting his rear end kicked so bad he snaps his own foot, and we got to see a multi hundred-millionaire get hosed up so bad that he literally can't even stand up under his own power and has to be taken out of the arena in a stretcher. Dustin said Conor may have millions of dollars, but he can't buy heart and then Dustin tons of poo poo to him and Conor literally physically couldn't do a god drat thing about it than sit there and take it.

Dustin didn't beat conor, he nullified, humiliated and destroyed him. Conor isn't going to be able to walk on his own for possibly months and tbh I don't think we are ever going to see him in the octagon again after that. When would you ever get to see something so sweet and just and perfect? :discourse:

We absolutely will get a fourth fight out of this because Child McSoreLoser will cry to Dana that this ‘doesn’t count’ despite, as you said, getting completely dominated. Hell, it sounds like Dana already confirmed it.

I just want this motherfucker to go away. He’s MMA poison.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

Ayo can you loving imagine how badass it would be if Dustin turned down the millions and millions of dollars for a Conor 4 just to say (rightfully) a guy 1-3 in the division that he's finished twice doesn't deserve it? This will never happen but this would make Dustin absolute LEGENDARY #1 GOAT in my eyes literally forever. Sorry if my posts are cringe but I am so loving happy right now I'm just dreaming for the stars tonight :allears:

gently caress, I’d laugh myself into a heart attack if that happened.

The Automator posted:

Fuckin compound mcfracture

I’m crying

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Could he even shoot for a 4th fight? According to others who have broken their bone in that area, it’s apparently a really bad spot and may actually be a career ender for McGregor?

(Oh no, such a great loss for MMA, the horror etc.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Ringo Roadagain posted:

also, joes commentary was as expected terrible for this fight

https://streamable.com/ac9fia

Joe says conor stunned dustin with a left hand when he clearly didn't.

https://twitter.com/espnmma/status/1414078264025382920

dustin landing good clean shots one after the other, that are clearly hurting mcgregor to the point he clinches up, and all joe can say is "oh, oh"

I mean do you expect any commentary from Joe on a Conor fight other than “gluk gluk gluk gluk, mmm *gasp gag* gluk gluk gluk”