Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Football starts tonight! Set your lineups!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B_sketchy
May 31, 2019

Barrel-aged Tom Brady, you are one lucky sonofabitch

YamataNoOrochi
Oct 24, 2005

B_sketchy posted:

Barrel-aged Tom Brady, you are one lucky sonofabitch

I sure am!

Unrelated, anyone interested in a new QB? I've got some decent spares, and could use some shoring up elsewhere.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
ISO: RBs

Have: McLaurin, Thielen, Diggs, Allen Robinson

Spammed out some trades to some folks, feel free to make offers as well.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Hey Barrel-aged Tom Brady I've got a trade offer out for you.

Edit: Corona/Pliny I wish you weren't A: in-division and B: playing me this week! :argh:

Further edit: NM.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Sep 24, 2021

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Okay, got another offer sent out there for CEH and considering one I received.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Quiet Feet posted:

Okay, got another offer sent out there for CEH and considering one I received.

Not a terrible trade, but I can't accept it and have it pending while games are going.

And I'm very wary of CEH.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Alright, maybe we talk after this week is done.

We don't have a wait time on trades in this league though fwiw. :)

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I must now consider the possibility that I overreact to single week performances.

B_sketchy
May 31, 2019

what's the payout for going winless for the entire season? asking for a me.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

B_sketchy posted:

what's the payout for going winless for the entire season? asking for a me.

A Bud Light Lime shipped via potato gun.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
My team is slowly dying off, so open to making some moves for any decent skill players.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Alfalfa posted:

My team is slowly dying off, so open to making some moves for any decent skill players.

Don't look at me, I just started two (2) Jets WRs

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Alfalfa posted:

Not exactly a blockbuster trade but I have sent you a small offer.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Alfalfa posted:

What is your team name?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

coronaball posted:

What is your team name?

Case of the Rogue Dead Guys

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I utterly cannot loving believe I won this week.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
same here. espn has had me trending way down for weeks now, but i don't think i'm gonna beat the odds again this weekend

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
I wish I was surprised I lost. You don't wanna be staring down D Henry on Monday night regardless of a marginal lead

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

For the curious, the current high score on the season is Saison Barley with 182.28 in week 5. Not gonna jinx it by saying congrats but that's gonna pretty be hard to dislodge for the high score box.

Edit: Cool, Hunt just went on IR. Guess it's me and Alfalfa in the Battle of the Injured RBs this week.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Oct 19, 2021

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Alfalfa posted:

Case of the Rogue Dead Guys

i would've made that trade if it wasn't his bye, plus i think i was always gonna take an l this week, anyway

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

Quiet Feet posted:

For the curious, the current high score on the season is Saison Barley with 182.28 in week 5. Not gonna jinx it by saying congrats but that's gonna pretty be hard to dislodge for the high score box.

Edit: Cool, Hunt just went on IR. Guess it's me and Alfalfa in the Battle of the Injured RBs this week.

plz no jinx

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Quiet Feet posted:

I utterly cannot loving believe I won this week.

I said last year that I would have no shot at winning this year, and well... :negative:

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

This is good right?

And I still have an IR guy in my starting lineup

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Alfalfa posted:

This is good right?

And I still have an IR guy in my starting lineup

I see nothing wrong with that.

poo poo, if Tyreek and Hollywood don't do something you still might win.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Man it's super cool how just about everyone on my team decides to have a poo poo day when my opponent is fielding a team that's mostly in the ICU.

B_sketchy
May 31, 2019

So what you're telling me is I should NOT have dropped Joe Burrow?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

:lol: Alfalfa was worried.

I will never EVER win a game where my team is projected to win by that much.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Quiet Feet posted:

:lol: Alfalfa was worried.

I will never EVER win a game where my team is projected to win by that much.

Okay I guess it's time to eat my words and Jeeeeeeesus that was a close one.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Just a friendly reminder that the trade deadline this year is :siren:November 26th,:siren: so it's time to start thinking about those last minute moves you might want to make.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Looking to move a QB for some RB/WR depth if anyone is interested. Burrow or Wilson is available.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

It's the playoffs!

Congrats to all of our playoff contenders. Reminder to peeps in the loser's bracket, you're still playing for a box of beer. Winner of GmC7 in that bracket will be taking home the prize, as has been standard in the past but now without the convoluted rules to get there.

The way my team has been performing the past month I fully expect to take an L out of the bye week somehow.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Having to save FAAB dollars to be able to place waivers in the playoffs has to be one of the dumbest things.

Not just this league… in general I mean

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Lol of course Brandin Cooks chooses the bye week to go off.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

I'm not sure I understand how the consolation bracket works. It seems to have all 6 of us also-rans playing a game all 3 playoff weeks; it doesn't seem to be a traditional bracket. If it was a bracket, wouldn't the 7 and 8 seed have a bye, just like the 1-2 seeds?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

coronaball posted:

I'm not sure I understand how the consolation bracket works. It seems to have all 6 of us also-rans playing a game all 3 playoff weeks; it doesn't seem to be a traditional bracket. If it was a bracket, wouldn't the 7 and 8 seed have a bye, just like the 1-2 seeds?

I'm tired and apologize if this doesn't clear it up.

Basically the winners of each game move up, the losers of each game here move down. First week of the playoffs, everyone in the consolation bracket is in contention. In week 15, the losers of the second game and the third game are out completely. The winners of the top two games in week 16 move on to the consolation bracket championship.

Edit: if this is more of a "why is it this way and not a traditional bracket," question, well, afaik this is just how ESPN organizes things. We can review and change for next year though if everyone would rather it cleave a bit more closely to how the championship bracket works.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Y'know, it only now occurs to me it would be more accurate to call it the consolation "ladder" and not bracket.

Anyway, it's championship week! Funkybottoms/Ice Cole Beersley and YamataNoOrochi/Barrel-Aged Tom Brady, you are both guaranteed to receive beer at the end of your matchup, so now would be a good time to let everyone know what your preferences are, if any, and remind us where you're situated. When coming up with assignments I try to make sure that recipients are getting their beer from a variety of places and it helps to know where everyone is from. Looking at my notes for this year, I still need to know what state and/or general region of the country forums posters Ayudo and Coronaball are from.

Alfalfa/Case of Rogue Dead Guys, you may as well start thinking about it too because my team has turned into a wet fart over the past month. :shepface:

One of Spacejung/Trappist Friermuth or Coronaball/Pliny the Younghoe Koo will be receiving a box of beer from the consolation ladder too!

Good luck to everyone!

Edit: actually I think Alfalfa and I might have both put up our worst scores of the year this past week, yeesh. This might be a sad matchup.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Dec 29, 2021

YamataNoOrochi
Oct 24, 2005

Quiet Feet posted:

now would be a good time to let everyone know what your preferences are, if any, and remind us where you're situated.

I'm in central California, near the coast. Belgian style beers are great, but I'll drink pretty much anything. The only beers I tend to avoid are sours.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

I'm from Sacramento. I like IPAs, big stouts, barrel-aged stuff, but I'll drink pretty much anything. Not a big fan of sours, but if 1 ended up in my box it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

if someone wants to send a box with a quarterback to me an hour ago, that would be cool

as for beer, i'm in central virginia and will drink most things except kettle sours, smoked lagers, and smoothie/milkshake ipas