Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

funkybottoms posted:

smoothie/milkshake ipas

Forgot about these. Please none of these monstrosities in the box I receive once I conquer the consolation bracket. 😀

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
I'm in SoCal. In the situation that I do win a box, just send me what you love to drink locally and I'll be cool with that. Stouts with adjuncts are welcome as are ales/lagers/etc.

edit: buy lots of milkshake smoothies for your box when they're on sale now to counter-jinx my opponent ^^^

B_sketchy
May 31, 2019

Happy New Year, folks!

I totally poo poo the parade this year. Please let me know who I need to send beer to.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
I'm in the New Orleans area FYI. Just let me know where the beer needs to go.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Thanks for updating me all.

I spent almost $200 at Treehouse Brewing here in Mass and no, recipient, You won't be getting all of it but you'll probably be getting about half of that in addition to a bunch of other random stuff.

This is a good league and I'm happy to be a part of it again this year. :cheers:

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
despite my horrible use of free agent funds throughout the season, i think i've won. big ups to metcalf for finally justifying how much i paid for him and mac jones for running up a tecmo bowl score, plus a special shout to the espn algorithm that believed in me from the start (even if it kinda lost faith after a while).

i know a few games are still up in the air, but good season and i'm already looking forward to the next one...

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
Great season everyone.

Just goes to show that luck is a huge factor when Boswell out scores Chubb to win.

I’ll take 3rd place considering I lost both my starting RB’s (CMC & Carson) for the season, my TE and QB for 4+ weeks.

With that being said, I’m in Texas and like any IPA, Stout, Porter, or cool variation you think is worth enjoying.

Not huge on sours though.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Goon Beer Squad!

2021 Champion Ice Cole Beersley! (5 boxes)

Silver medalist Barrel-aged Tom Brady! (3 boxes)

3rd-place finalist Case of Rogue Dead Guys! (2 boxes)

The "You Tried" Consolation trophy winner Pliny the Younghoe Koo! (1 box)

The "Please Stop He's Already Dead" High Score Trophy goes to Saison Barley for his week 5, 182-point atom bomb against our consolation bracket champ. (1 box)

Another season come and gone! Congrats to all of our winners, thank you to everyone who took part! Special round of applause for Zam who decided to let someone else win it this year. :cheersbird:

As per usual I'll have shipping assignments posted within the next 48 hours. A reminder that beer boxes are due out shortly after the league ends, with the target date being before February 8, 2022. :siren:Shipping is a huge mess right now but that's all the more reason to get everything out as soon as possible!:siren: Please remember to send me a receipt/tracking number when you've sent your shipment.

PS: gently caress Kevin Stefanski.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Alfalfa posted:

Great season everyone.

Just goes to show that luck is a huge factor when Boswell out scores Chubb to win.

I remember a few years ago, in this league, I had a regular season matchup where I had a 4-point lead against some team that had, IIRC, Saquon, Engram and the Giants kicker still to play on Monday. As I remember it, Engram did jack squat. Saquon did a little bit but mostly got shut down and had a fumble after my opponent finally took the lead. They took a less than a point lead into the game late and then their kicker shanked one and I won that matchup by something like .6.

That game has stuck with me and I had it on my mind from the moment I got up yesterday morning.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
I take some comfort that my high score stood up the rest of the season, while my team enthusiastically poo poo the bed most of the following weeks.

I'm in Richmond, Virginia and I'll drink just about anything

Veritek83 fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jan 4, 2022

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

King of rings, armlocks, hugs, and our hearts
Excited to send beer to *whomever* after completely making GBS threads the bed this year. Again.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

:siren: Shipping assignments are in!:siren:

Please PM your assigned recipient for their address and to check for requests! If you're not quite sure how to ship beer feel free to ask; most of us have done this before and are happy to help. My own general advice is to bubble wrap your bottles individually and place each one in a Ziploc bag. Pack your box tight so that your bottles and/or cans don't slip all over the place in the package. Shipping is probably still hosed so try and give yourself plenty of time before the due date, February 8. I've had better luck shipping beer with UPS personally but have no idea how they're handling things these days.

---SHIPPING ASSIGNMENTS

1: Funkybottoms (Ice Cole Beersley) 5 Boxes
-Zam
-B_Sketchy
-Alfalfa
-Wild Man of Yolo
-Coronaball

2: YamataNoOrochi (Barrel-aged Tom Brady) 3 Boxes
-Yellow Dart
-Ayudo
-Veritek83

3: Alfalfa (Case of Rogue Dead Guys) 2 Boxes
-Spacejung
-Quiet Feet

4: Coronaball (Pliny the Younghoe Koo) 1 Box (Consolation)
-Funkybottoms

5: Veritek83 (Saison Barley) 1 Box (Hi-score trophy)
-YamataNoOrochi

Some of these are going a long way but that's the nature of the beast with four of us on the east coast, four on the west (and three of those clumped around LA!) and only one of the winners in what we'll call the middle of the country. I try to prioritize variety but Funkybottoms, you'll be getting two boxes from California. Hopefully from different enough regions that the boxes will still be varied.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Traveling this week, but plan on having mine out mid-late next week.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Alfalfa posted:

Traveling this week, but plan on having mine out mid-late next week.

Cool cool.

I'm always too optimistic about how quick I'm going to ship. Should have mine out in the next couple of days after delays due to A: snow, B: random life crap, C: running out of packing tape and D: trying to sort out all the poo poo I bought.

Every year by mid-October I can't go to the bottle shop without spotting something that looks nifty and telling myself "Oh, I'll buy one of those for beer league!" The end result is I've looked through my fridge and realized I had probably 25-30 bottles/cans I bought with an eye on sending them out and uuuuh, no I cannot do that. So I've had to root through the beer fridge and curate a bit.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Box has been sent. Godspeed, box.

B_sketchy
May 31, 2019

I'm running a postseason fantasy contest at myfantasyleague.com. $20 entry fee. Details below. PM me your email address if you want an invitation.

Starting lineup requirements:
1 QB
1 RB
2 WR
1 TE
2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
1 Defense

Every player on a playoff team is available for you to start, but you can only start each player one time for the entirety of the postseason. You have until kickoff of each player's individual game to get them in your lineup. Technically, you don't have to submit a lineup until Monday at 8:00 PM EST, but at that point, you'd only be able to start Cardinals and Rams. Come to think of it, you don't have to submit a lineup at all if you wanted to just donate $20 for the fun of it.

Once an NFL champion is crowned, payouts will be made to the owners with the three highest cumulative scores. Payout amounts will be determined when the list of owners has been finalized.

B_sketchy fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Jan 14, 2022

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Wife said a box arrived today. Looking forward to opening it and posting the goodies when I get home.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

What an awesome box.

It’s a Treehouse and East Coast bonanza.

Maine Lunch
Upper Pass Wood Drip
Upper Pass Cloud Drop

Treehouse - Amedee, Cafe Kola, Tree of Paradise, Intemperance, Very Hazy, Very Gggreen, Hedonic Adaptation, Restless

Ommegang Rye Vanilla
Narragansett Holiday Ale
Mayflower Thanksgiving Ale
Firefly Hollow Choconaut
Smuttynose Snaccident
Foley Bros’ Prospect
Frost Beerworks Barrel-Aged Old Ale

Can’t wait to crack some of these open soon!

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

King of rings, armlocks, hugs, and our hearts
Package sent to BA Tom Brady!

YamataNoOrochi
Oct 24, 2005

the yellow dart posted:

Package sent to BA Tom Brady!

Awesome, I'll look forward to it. I should have my box out to Veritek by end of this week, I'm near the end of COVID isolation which tore apart my plans to get it out last week.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

YamataNoOrochi posted:

Awesome, I'll look forward to it. I should have my box out to Veritek by end of this week, I'm near the end of COVID isolation which tore apart my plans to get it out last week.

Beer box on its way to you too. I guess I need to send my receipt and tracking info to the commish, so I'll get that done in a bit.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
I still need an address to ship to, can you send it to me through ESPN?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

spacejung posted:

I still need an address to ship to, can you send it to me through ESPN?

What’s your team name on there and I’ll send it

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Alfalfa posted:

What’s your team name on there and I’ll send it

Trappist friermuth.

Thank ya

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

spacejung posted:

Trappist friermuth.

Thank ya

Sent

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

YamataNoOrochi posted:

Hope everything's okay!

Ayudo posted:

Beer box on its way to you too. I guess I need to send my receipt and tracking info to the commish, so I'll get that done in a bit.

That would be appreciated. FWIW, we do this because we've had people welsh on their end in the past.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

YamataNoOrochi posted:

And I'm in the midst of isolating myself. Should be able to get my box out some time next week.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

shipped mine today and sent coronaball the tracking info

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

funkybottoms posted:

shipped mine today and sent coronaball the tracking info

He speaks the truth.

As for me, I'm still COVID+, still at home, still waiting to ship. 😞

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

coronaball posted:

He speaks the truth.

i have been kept in the loop and assured coronoball that there is no rush

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Beers picked up today, box will be on the way to YamataNoOrochi tomorrow or Saturday

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

coronaball posted:

He speaks the truth.

Sorry to hear it! Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Reminder to all that our target date for shipping is supposed to be the 31st. I know things are kinda poo poo right now but do your best. And please sound off once you've shipped your box. Or post here or PM me and your recipient if there are any issues.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Box is filled. Goal is to get it ready to ship this weekend, and out by Tuesday before I go out of town.

Will update once it’s out.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Apologies, mine will be next week. Just coming off a two-week (non-COVID!) illness and I'm behind on absolutely everything

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Alfalfa posted:

Box is filled. Goal is to get it ready to ship this weekend, and out by Tuesday before I go out of town.

Will update once it’s out.

Hey there I am about to send a box your way, it should take 3-4 days or so; should I hold off a bit for your travel?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

spacejung posted:

Hey there I am about to send a box your way, it should take 3-4 days or so; should I hold off a bit for your travel?

Nah it’s fine. My wife will be here either way. Luckily she doesn’t like beer, so I’ll get to come home to a fresh box lol.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Shipped. Sent tracking info to YamataNoOrochi, should arrive to him by Friday.

YamataNoOrochi
Oct 24, 2005

Veritek83 posted:

Shipped. Sent tracking info to YamataNoOrochi, should arrive to him by Friday.

Your box is also set to be delivered on Friday, just sent you tracking info.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Updates!

1. funkybottoms box arrived on my porch on Friday and it was incredible. My wife and I killed the west coast IPA crowler immediately, and I've also got into the porter and two of the many stouts already.
2. I am no longer infected with the coronavirus.
3. I made 2 out of 3 stops for my return offering, one more tomorrow, shipping out tomorrow or Tuesday.
4. Jimmy G has wracked my nerves for the last time. It's freeing, in a way.

https://imgur.com/a/wVprtAc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B_sketchy
May 31, 2019

Box has been shipped to funkybottoms. Should be there by the end of the week.