Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robo Turnus
Jul 12, 2006

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

verbal enema posted:

im gonna play this when im not drunk and can tell what ships are mine

RIP the 60 crew i killed with friendly fire? or not? idk the shooting is odd but does feel good

Would love a Bridagdor style aim line tho

You are only ever flying one of your ships at a time, you'll be faced up vs however many the enemy has with them. likely you had one of your little corvettes get hit by a AA missile, which can pretty reliably ko them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Turnus
Jul 12, 2006

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

M_Gargantua posted:

If you can roughly find it on radar, get close enough for it to be in your visual detection circle, and a little white circle will pop up and give you the landing prompt. Again not every one gets to be one.

Do yourself a favor and manually mark them on your radar using the pencil tho. I landed at one and then forgot where it was. You can rest at hidden cities indefinitely and it seems like the game says no one can find you there.

Robo Turnus
Jul 12, 2006

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
I find cruise missles on the tactical layer to be super underwhelming, though I might just be using them on poor targets. A full launch of 4 at a strike group might splash one of their vehicles, and they seem like overkill on towns i'd just get a sudden strike on. I haven't been able to track down any carrier groups yet but maybe those are better cruise missile targets. ALso on a campaign I knew was already hosed I decided to launch nukes and literally 2 hours later I was massively retaliated against. It was powerful.

Robo Turnus
Jul 12, 2006

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Ciaphas posted:

do ships use up fuel while landed? doesn't look like it offhand. in theory it could be detected by a strike group passing by in their radar range, right, so I better park well off track?

There's a choice later on in the game that gives you the option of burning fuel when parked. Best not to take it. I've been having fun making lovely barebones ships that do only one thing for very cheap and then using those. Unarmed tankers and aircraft carriers are the name of the game.

Robo Turnus
Jul 12, 2006

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Larry Parrish posted:

You gotta go faster. The 37 and 57mm have the fastest rotation rates.

if u aint blacked out 80% of the fight you aint a real lightinin pilot

Robo Turnus
Jul 12, 2006

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Dandywalken posted:

Should I use weapons other than the stock 100mms with it? 130 and a 37mm?

I find the 100 mm to be completely sufficient. Get a stock of ap and prox fuses and you will deal with any threats, except maybe for cruise missile strikes when you're parked, which you can avoid if you are better than me on the strategic layer.

Robo Turnus
Jul 12, 2006

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
One thing that does surprise me is the lack of granularity when it comes to fueling. You can choose how much fuel goes out per detachment, but I would appreciate some way of transferring fuel from my tankers to the rest of the group manually, if only to make it easier to bring fuel back to the main heavy ship. Game still owns so hard tho.

Robo Turnus
Jul 12, 2006

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Velius posted:

When you dispatch a group you can specify the fuel load - 50% or full. So just make your haulers 100% and that should work.

also lmao turns out you have a knob to adjust exactly how much fuel you want to give to a detachment. Should have read the dang labels. I knew this game must have some sort of system in place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Turnus
Jul 12, 2006

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Jamsque posted:

Killing a fleet with planes or cruise missiles does not produce a crash site or any salvage opportunity.

Or just soften them up enough that you can send in a lightning or two to finish them off easily. Then you still get the tasty salvage and weapons. And the radar too that sells for 4k