Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

Stolen mostly from old OP:

Crowfall is an MMORPG by Artcraft, led by J. Todd Coleman and Gordon Walton, who have worked on games like Shadowbane, UO, and SWG. In January 2015 it had a successful kickstarter that raised $1.7 million, and since then has secured additional funding to bring the budget up to $6.3 million.

Crowfall is billed as a “Throne War Simulator”, an exclusively PvP experience built on the concept of “persistent characters, temporary worlds”. The game will have multiple “campaign worlds” to choose from that will last a finite amount of time, with different rulesets to cater to different levels of risk and reward in PvP (such as full/partial looting, etc.). The world maps will be procedurally generated and will use some basic historical simulation to populate ruins and other points of interest. Your character progress is independent of these worlds. The campaign worlds will last anywhere from a couple weeks to months, and allow different ratios of item/resource import/export based upon their ruleset. Thus you can aim to “win” campaign worlds through various victory conditions (conquest, survival, etc.), and then move on to a fresh one with a percentage of your spoils and start all over.

The one persistent world is the Eternal Kingdoms, where each player will have their own instance to do with as they please, such as building castles, providing places to gather or trade, or storing trophies and artifacts from their conquests.

The game is buy-to-play, with an optional VIP sub which gives you extra vault slots, the ability to boost any character to level 25, free respect, along with monthly crowns that can be used to purchase items in the game store including extra character slots.

Max level is 35 with a soft cap of 30.

If you’d like to play with other goons:

Discord:
https://discord.gg/tv7KuR359B

Guilds:
Something Cawful
Inglorious Goonterds

Faction:
Moon

Beta shinanigans:

Capntastic posted:

Yeah in reviewing it it was more fun when he was complaining that we outnumbered him and were unfair literally minutes after him and his pal were picking off solo miners.

We still made ourselves the enemy of the server that night.

Using a looted campfire to celebrate an amazing victory against all odds

Friendship is Overpowered

Special Three Axe Technique Proves Unstoppable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_L7DSyv3iA

Doggir fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Jul 15, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

Some general info

ccubed posted:

I posted this in the old thread. Reposting in case anyone finds useful info:

I don't know if I'm going to pick this up, but I have been following this past month from end of beta. Here's a bunch of links I have found reasonably helpful:

God Buffs that stack

Character Planner

Beginner's Guide to Gathering from official forums.

Beginner's Guide to Crafting from official forums.

Crafting Spreadsheets

More Crafting Spreadsheets

Crowcraft an incomplete site that should help with what items are needed to craft.

Guinecean Harvester

Healing Cleric Meta in 6.540 (Updated 2021-07-02) from official forums.

Confessor Inquisitor Healer from official forums.

Alpha Warrior Champion build from official forums.

Titan Myrmidon build from official forums.

Warden Ranger build

Edit: also with the talk of healers and it not feeling as meaningful as you'd hope, the meta seems to be that in 5 man (or 6 in dregs) groups you want 2 healers so they can keep each other alive. And the top healing subclasses are Arbiter and Crusader in Cleric and Inquisitor in Confessor. Templar Paladins are for point defense like forts or keeps. Earthkeepers in Druid have problems with the wrong people picking up their healing orbs.

And the strong meta classes that aren't healers are Warden Rangers and Alpha Warrior Champions. Barbarian Champion doesn't do as much dmg but has great sustain. Vindicator in Templar is great at deleting people under 30% and have parry for defense. If you can handle the crash mechanic, the Titan in Myrmidon is nigh unkillable (but get stunned at the wrong time or if you don't mind the crash gauge you'll instantly die.) Stormcaller in Druid is a good magic dps I guess. Archer Ranger is another good ranged dps.

Some info on gathering:

Anias posted:

Ok, so gathering in crowfall is just clearly -better- and more profitable in a group, so eventually you want to get to group gathering. However there's a big learning curve. If you're just doing the solo thing to figure out how it works, a Guinecean duelist is essentially ideal. I actually have a pair of duelists with nothing other than the level up boost and exploration tokens sitting in dregs to figure stuff out and they've never died. To be clear they don't even have boots or a chestplate on, you can just run away from people and log out to lobby then play the other one. They've both had to go to the world bank potty and deposit their hauls a few times, so I'm pretty confident recommending this.

Building these isn't any great secret either. Just take whatever gathering explore professions you like (I'm working on logging atm, but the exact same plan works just fine for the non-skinning choices as well) and then straight up ignore making the character into a combat character in favor of taking all the +stat nodes. You also take the stealth improvement nodes, so you end up in vanguard scout, and eventually darkness domain, but the critical realization is that you're here for stat points and stealth and the rest is meaningless qol stuff you can pick up with excess levels (maybe some variant of the base https://crowcaine.wiki/builds/@me/n...ter-of-darkness as a target, but you don't need the full set of talents to make this work, just the big stat-stick talents and into the shadows is enough to get started.)

This gives you a dumb ball of fur that doesn't die, and has a fairly diverse collection of run away options. When jumped, you blind them, use your movement abilities, and get into your burrow. Then run off orthogonal to whatever direction your movement abilities shot you off in in stealth. You can double jump up surfaces that bigger races can't, and you can also survive falls bigger races can't by jumping off them then saving your second jump till you're near ground. 90% of the time this is enough to get away from crowfall's current cloud of pubs. They're honestly worse than eve gankers, which is surreal to me. Stealth in this game is legitimately absurd, abuse it while you can. Once you figure out wtf, you can move on to group gathering. When you want to organize 10 man gathering groups, your dumb ball of fur is still sort of ideal for that. DEX/INT>STR>>>>>Rest makes a furballduelist apparently, and that happens to be nearly ideal for gathering stats, but that's sort of outside the scope of this off the cuff post.

Doggir fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jul 15, 2021

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

Any other goon guilds I can put in OP?

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Hello, this game seems fun and not as DoA as I assumed it would. I have only been able to play a few hours but gathering and crafting loops are rad, and group PvP has been pretty excellent when I have engaged in it.

I'm the leader of Cawful for some reason even though there are, by my estimation, two other goon groups that are more knowledgeable and active. We should all be able to work together.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Game definitely seems to be doing a lot better than people expected. I have quite a few friends from atlas trying to get me into this and I'm glad they havin fun given that the goon consensus a month ago was "dead on arrival"

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
Doggir could you please add our guild there too?

Inglorious Goonterds https://crowfall.com/en-US/guilds/search?name=GOON#GOONS

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Capntastic posted:

Hello, this game seems fun and not as DoA as I assumed it would. I have only been able to play a few hours but gathering and crafting loops are rad, and group PvP has been pretty excellent when I have engaged in it.

I'm the leader of Cawful for some reason even though there are, by my estimation, two other goon groups that are more knowledgeable and active. We should all be able to work together.

Lets get together to bring you to our EK and merge together... we are about to hit purple in crafting... and already have a stall with traffic into our EK... Printing Money

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010
I am tempering my expectations and trying to watch some videos. If I make the jump which Goon nation has the most players? Just looking to zerg and kill pubbies. TIA

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

So I'm trying to wrap my head around how the crafting system works. It seems like the class I choose determines which crafting types I'll be able to be good at? Since the assembly stats are split whether they scale on dex or str, and experimentation scales on int. So if I'm playing a ranger and need to cap dex, I shouldn't bother with woodworking, stonemasonry, or blacksmithing since they scale with str?

Or do those numbers not matter all that much in the long run?

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

The Shortest Path posted:

So I'm trying to wrap my head around how the crafting system works. It seems like the class I choose determines which crafting types I'll be able to be good at? Since the assembly stats are split whether they scale on dex or str, and experimentation scales on int. So if I'm playing a ranger and need to cap dex, I shouldn't bother with woodworking, stonemasonry, or blacksmithing since they scale with str?

Or do those numbers not matter all that much in the long run?

The way I understood it an optimized combat character is never going to have optimized crafting stats. If you want to be the absolute best crafter in any profession you have to pick the right race/class and then have wonky stats on top of it. Which frankly is probably the best way to do, a dedicated crafter should be better than a combat character that also crafts on the side.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I see. That's unfortunate but kinda what I figured.

EDIT: Oh it looks like you can respec so it's not nearly as bad as I thought.

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Jul 15, 2021

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
I seem to absolutely suck at pvp based on the two 1v1 battles I’ve had, but I’m still having a lot of fun just grinding mobs for gold to help alliance crafters make some sick gear while trying different classes. I never minded grinding in older games and it’s fun knowing pvp can happen at any moment.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Ort posted:

I seem to absolutely suck at pvp based on the two 1v1 battles I’ve had, but I’m still having a lot of fun just grinding mobs for gold to help alliance crafters make some sick gear while trying different classes. I never minded grinding in older games and it’s fun knowing pvp can happen at any moment.

At this point if you didn't play beta you are basically cannon fodder. Even playing what I am hearing is a very OP class (warden) I've gotten wrecked several times.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

If you're doing your gathering on something other than a guineacean duelist you are making your life harder than it has to be. They get the best escape package while still having the right stats.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Anias posted:

If you're doing your gathering on something other than a guineacean duelist you are making your life harder than it has to be. They get the best escape package while still having the right stats.

Which majors do you run for this?

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

malhavok posted:

At this point if you didn't play beta you are basically cannon fodder. Even playing what I am hearing is a very OP class (warden) I've gotten wrecked several times.

Is it an access to better gear thing or just an experience with the combat system thing?

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Carmant posted:

Is it an access to better gear thing or just an experience with the combat system thing?

As someone who also didn't play the beta, I feel like it's a combination of gameplay knowledge and understanding which classes truly shine and how. There's a lot of rock paper scissors to the CC types and CC breaks. On top of that different classes excel in different type and scale of fights. There's just a lot of knowing who does what, when, and how that goes into it. Animations might feel a little wonky sometimes, but there's a surprising amount of skill and knowledge that go into being really good at the game.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

NeurosisHead posted:

As someone who also didn't play the beta, I feel like it's a combination of gameplay knowledge and understanding which classes truly shine and how. There's a lot of rock paper scissors to the CC types and CC breaks. On top of that different classes excel in different type and scale of fights. There's just a lot of knowing who does what, when, and how that goes into it. Animations might feel a little wonky sometimes, but there's a surprising amount of skill and knowledge that go into being really good at the game.

This. But also gear.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

BadLlama posted:

Which majors do you run for this?

Carmant posted:

Ok, so gathering in crowfall is just clearly -better- and more profitable in a group, so eventually you want to get to group gathering. However there's a big learning curve. If you're just doing the solo thing to figure out how it works, a Guinecean duelist is essentially ideal. I actually have a pair of duelists with nothing other than the level up boost and exploration tokens sitting in dregs to figure stuff out and they've never died. To be clear they don't even have boots or a chestplate on, you can just run away from people and log out to lobby then play the other one. They've both had to go to the world bank potty and deposit their hauls a few times, so I'm pretty confident recommending this.

Building these isn't any great secret either. Just take whatever gathering explore professions you like (I'm working on logging atm, but the exact same plan works just fine for the non-skinning choices as well) and then straight up ignore making the character into a combat character in favor of taking all the +stat nodes. You also take the stealth improvement nodes, so you end up in vanguard scout, and eventually darkness domain, but the critical realization is that you're here for stat points and stealth and the rest is meaningless qol stuff you can pick up with excess levels (maybe some variant of the base https://crowcaine.wiki/builds/@me/n...ter-of-darkness as a target, but you don't need the full set of talents to make this work, just the big stat-stick talents and into the shadows is enough to get started.)

This gives you a dumb ball of fur that doesn't die, and has a fairly diverse collection of run away options. When jumped, you blind them, use your movement abilities, and get into your burrow. Then run off orthogonal to whatever direction your movement abilities shot you off in in stealth. You can double jump up surfaces that bigger races can't, and you can also survive falls bigger races can't by jumping off them then saving your second jump till you're near ground. 90% of the time this is enough to get away from crowfall's current cloud of pubs. They're honestly worse than eve gankers, which is surreal to me. Stealth in this game is legitimately absurd, abuse it while you can. Once you figure out wtf, you can move on to group gathering. When you want to organize 10 man gathering groups, your dumb ball of fur is still sort of ideal for that. DEX/INT>STR>>>>>Rest makes a furballduelist apparently, and that happens to be nearly ideal for gathering stats, but that's sort of outside the scope of this off the cuff post.

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Picked this up on a whim yesterday and was having fun, is the something cawful discord where folks are hanging out?

I ended up on a pretty quiet map and got a good amount of PVP in with just me as a warden and even managed to gank a good number of people farming gold at the village by their portal.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Anias posted:

Don't forget the ranged leap + roll combo being longer than nearly everyone else. So you can get some distance before you burrow.

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
I posted this in the old thread. Reposting in case anyone finds useful info:

I don't know if I'm going to pick this up, but I have been following this past month from end of beta. Here's a bunch of links I have found reasonably helpful:

God Buffs that stack

Character Planner

Beginner's Guide to Gathering from official forums.

Beginner's Guide to Crafting from official forums.

Crafting Spreadsheets

More Crafting Spreadsheets

Crowcraft an incomplete site that should help with what items are needed to craft.

Guinecean Harvester

Healing Cleric Meta in 6.540 (Updated 2021-07-02) from official forums.

Confessor Inquisitor Healer from official forums.

Alpha Warrior Champion build from official forums.

Titan Myrmidon build from official forums.

Warden Ranger build

Edit: also with the talk of healers and it not feeling as meaningful as you'd hope, the meta seems to be that in 5 man (or 6 in dregs) groups you want 2 healers so they can keep each other alive. And the top healing subclasses are Arbiter and Crusader in Cleric and Inquisitor in Confessor. Templar Paladins are for point defense like forts or keeps. Earthkeepers in Druid have problems with the wrong people picking up their healing orbs.

And the strong meta classes that aren't healers are Warden Rangers and Alpha Warrior Champions. Barbarian Champion doesn't do as much dmg but has great sustain. Vindicator in Templar is great at deleting people under 30% and have parry for defense. If you can handle the crash mechanic, the Titan in Myrmidon is nigh unkillable (but get stunned at the wrong time or if you don't mind the crash gauge you'll instantly die.) Stormcaller in Druid is a good magic dps I guess. Archer Ranger is another good ranged dps.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

So I see there's a tracker for seasons in the bottom right corner of the UI. Do these seasons actually do anything right now? The wiki explains it but it's kind of vague, so I feel like maybe it's a feature that's not fully implemented.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Carmant posted:

So I see there's a tracker for seasons in the bottom right corner of the UI. Do these seasons actually do anything right now? The wiki explains it but it's kind of vague, so I feel like maybe it's a feature that's not fully implemented.

It affects the plentiful Harvest amount from nodes I pretty sure. When I was in spring on a world they were like always 3+, now in summer everything seems to always be at 1. I could be super wrong though.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

BadLlama posted:

It affects the plentiful Harvest amount from nodes I pretty sure. When I was in spring on a world they were like always 3+, now in summer everything seems to always be at 1. I could be super wrong though.

Well, that actually matches up with what the wiki says for summer so maybe it is in the game. Wonder if it'll snow during the winter.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

I took survivalist --> draining blades instead of sweep and faerie fire, 10% lifesteal gives you so much sustain. Also took poisoner instead of lord of the forest, makes your basic attacks do poison damage, which is a lot less mitigated.

Nunes
Apr 24, 2016
I think also as you get closer to winter there are more hunger nodes which block you from harvesting stuff until those hunger crystals are cleared out.

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

Anias posted:

Now for Dregs you need to be a ranked guild for that world to export what you mined or did they change that?

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
I killed someone. Took their money. Made me feel good about myself.

BobTheVillain
Apr 25, 2009

The perfect counter argument, coming right up.
Took a night off from dregs to focus on hitting rocks with the pointy stick to try and get my purple miner discipline. Running around US East 3, Skypoint as a Moonie. Earth owns all the outposts, forts and one keep. Moon has nothing but the big center keep. It comes up on the siege window for our lone keep and hitting rocks is boring so I go and help my lunar loving friends defend this thing.

Moon is outnumbered at this point, as usual, but Earth is scattered and we easily destroy two bane trees. Earth finally has the lone tree to rally on and focus, so they put up a defense that we're unable to do anything but get a pot shot off from a bow before retreating back into the safety of the castle walls. Once in a while an Earth stealther sneaks into the castle and tries to pick people off before running away. This cat and mouse back and forth to the tree goes on until there's about 10 minutes left in the siege window and Earth doesn't seem to know how to get through the walls, or forgot to bring any siege equipment. By this point numbers are about even as all good Moonites start heeding the calls that there is action in Sky Point tonight. With minutes left on the timer, Moon rallies and pushes into the Earth group defending the bane tree, Earth is swallowed up by the tsunami as well as the final bane tree; the keep is secured.

But it's not over. Two minutes left until Earth's lone keep in the south is vulnerable. A lone rando voice in faction chat calls to gather wood and give it to some dude for siege equipment. Oh, poo poo! It's counter attack time? The grounds within 5 miles around the keep are barren wastelands where trees used to sit. Most everyone tosses these wood piles on siege guy and we all ride off in a column to the south. Earth knew what was up, all rallying at their southern keep. We can barely see their nameplates in the distance as the trebuchet suddenly phases into the world, smacking everyone out of the way. For most noobs here that randomly run around Sky Point aimlessly, this is the first time seeing any siege equipment. Everyone runs up to it jumping around excitedly and poo poo. Then that fucker starts lobbing flaming balls at the keep walls. Earth gets an "oh poo poo" moment I guess and starts flooding out of the walls to attack the trebuchet. Moon is trying to beat them back while the thing is still slinging hot death, but ultimately it falls, while also costing Earth a wipe of their forces.

Another trebuchet goes up shortly and this one doesn't go down. Soon enough we see a poof of dust on the wall and no one has to say a word. All Moons and Men know what to do instinctively when a new hole appears. Flooding through, luckily someone, somewhere knows where to go, leading the stream of people to the wards. We start hammering on these things while random Earth dudes are smacking us in the back of the head. Earth gets wise and starts attacking the bane trees outside the keep to try and force our failure. The siege has now turned into a race as we don't have the coordination in this ragtag Sky Point group to send a defense party outside to get Earth off the banes. There's one bane tree left as the last ward falls, opening up the Tree of Life in the center of the keep for attack. Everyone jumps off the walls and throws their bodies at this big rear end tree. Everyone can see the percentage gauge at the top of the screen and how close this is. Moon stops even trying to repel the Earth hammering our backs. Rolling face across the keyboard we are throwing everything we have, and it drops, with I think it was like 6% left on the last bane tree, securing our sack of the keep. A few people break out in /dance, a few GFs in general chat, and then everyone parts ways, back to whatever it was they were doing before all this.

I haven't even seen a proper siege yet in Dregs and that's where I've spent about every night since launch. That was some random fun poo poo that happened, just sort of naturally falling into place. I have hopes for the faction v faction campaigns coming up. The only bummer is, if I would have randomly picked a different server to farm ore on tonight I would have totally missed this.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.
Can i merge my chat tabs together?

Like Guild with Faction etc?

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.
All the shadowane players I recognize seem to be in moon

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

FreeWifi!! posted:

Can i merge my chat tabs together?

Like Guild with Faction etc?

Unfortunately no, the chat system is awful currently

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

The awful loadtimes and chat functionality are the two biggest problems I have with this game so far. Otherwise I'm enjoying it well enough, a bit directionless at the moment though.

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

BobTheVillain posted:

Took a night off from dregs to focus on hitting rocks with the pointy stick to try and get my purple miner discipline. Running around US East 3, Skypoint as a Moonie. Earth owns all the outposts, forts and one keep. Moon has nothing but the big center keep. It comes up on the siege window for our lone keep and hitting rocks is boring so I go and help my lunar loving friends defend this thing.

Moon is outnumbered at this point, as usual, but Earth is scattered and we easily destroy two bane trees. Earth finally has the lone tree to rally on and focus, so they put up a defense that we're unable to do anything but get a pot shot off from a bow before retreating back into the safety of the castle walls. Once in a while an Earth stealther sneaks into the castle and tries to pick people off before running away. This cat and mouse back and forth to the tree goes on until there's about 10 minutes left in the siege window and Earth doesn't seem to know how to get through the walls, or forgot to bring any siege equipment. By this point numbers are about even as all good Moonites start heeding the calls that there is action in Sky Point tonight. With minutes left on the timer, Moon rallies and pushes into the Earth group defending the bane tree, Earth is swallowed up by the tsunami as well as the final bane tree; the keep is secured.

But it's not over. Two minutes left until Earth's lone keep in the south is vulnerable. A lone rando voice in faction chat calls to gather wood and give it to some dude for siege equipment. Oh, poo poo! It's counter attack time? The grounds within 5 miles around the keep are barren wastelands where trees used to sit. Most everyone tosses these wood piles on siege guy and we all ride off in a column to the south. Earth knew what was up, all rallying at their southern keep. We can barely see their nameplates in the distance as the trebuchet suddenly phases into the world, smacking everyone out of the way. For most noobs here that randomly run around Sky Point aimlessly, this is the first time seeing any siege equipment. Everyone runs up to it jumping around excitedly and poo poo. Then that fucker starts lobbing flaming balls at the keep walls. Earth gets an "oh poo poo" moment I guess and starts flooding out of the walls to attack the trebuchet. Moon is trying to beat them back while the thing is still slinging hot death, but ultimately it falls, while also costing Earth a wipe of their forces.

Another trebuchet goes up shortly and this one doesn't go down. Soon enough we see a poof of dust on the wall and no one has to say a word. All Moons and Men know what to do instinctively when a new hole appears. Flooding through, luckily someone, somewhere knows where to go, leading the stream of people to the wards. We start hammering on these things while random Earth dudes are smacking us in the back of the head. Earth gets wise and starts attacking the bane trees outside the keep to try and force our failure. The siege has now turned into a race as we don't have the coordination in this ragtag Sky Point group to send a defense party outside to get Earth off the banes. There's one bane tree left as the last ward falls, opening up the Tree of Life in the center of the keep for attack. Everyone jumps off the walls and throws their bodies at this big rear end tree. Everyone can see the percentage gauge at the top of the screen and how close this is. Moon stops even trying to repel the Earth hammering our backs. Rolling face across the keyboard we are throwing everything we have, and it drops, with I think it was like 6% left on the last bane tree, securing our sack of the keep. A few people break out in /dance, a few GFs in general chat, and then everyone parts ways, back to whatever it was they were doing before all this.

I haven't even seen a proper siege yet in Dregs and that's where I've spent about every night since launch. That was some random fun poo poo that happened, just sort of naturally falling into place. I have hopes for the faction v faction campaigns coming up. The only bummer is, if I would have randomly picked a different server to farm ore on tonight I would have totally missed this.

I was on the other side of this fight and it was fun as hell. We'd been defending that keep each night for the past few nights and it finally fell tonight, but it was very close and very exciting at the end.

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Is there no point in going to the dregs early if the goon guild isn't? Should I just keep dicking around in Sky/gathering a bit for discs?

I understand how to get better harvesting and crafting discs but what about the combat disciplines?

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.

apseudonym posted:

Is there no point in going to the dregs early if the goon guild isn't? Should I just keep dicking around in Sky/gathering a bit for discs?

I understand how to get better harvesting and crafting discs but what about the combat disciplines?

Kill those ghost guys at night

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Forgotton posted:

I am tempering my expectations and trying to watch some videos. If I make the jump which Goon nation has the most players? Just looking to zerg and kill pubbies. TIA

its a tit for tat now, because neither group is massive... play with the one you like best...

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
Inglorious Goonterds hang out at https://guilded.gg/badgamescrew. We are in the process of go into a purple level of crafting and gear... and we have a massive EK, with a bunch of land and some vendors selling stuff. If anyone wants to get a piece of that just hop in Guilded and @thantos911 and he will hook you up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The Shortest Path posted:

The awful loadtimes and chat functionality are the two biggest problems I have with this game so far. Otherwise I'm enjoying it well enough, a bit directionless at the moment though.

Aww are the load times considered bad? I mean there is more loading then I would like but it doesn't take very long at all to me.. I got my game on an SSD though so maybe it works real bad on HDs?

apseudonym posted:

How do you get better harvesting and crafting discs?