Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

biosterous

The bureaucracy has awoken, and it is time to fill out all your forms and submit all your timetables! Fortunately that law finally passed, the one that lets you get all of that done by playing an opaque cardgame with legacy mechanics online instead of, y'know, having to actually do paperwork!

Do you dare to face off against the monolithic bureaucracy by figuring the game out? Can you outplay the other players, or will you be buried under the paperwork? Only one way to find out!

General rules of play:
- Join by posting ##deal me in. I'll limit this to 5 players for now, but might add another deck if lots of folks want in
- It plays kinda like Crazy 8s
- Submit form 47-J-1902 to your regional councilor to begin a petition with the magistrate in order to form a discovery committee to analyze the cost/benefit of allowing you to submit form 18-Y-2041 to request a copy of all the rules
- Play all your cards to complete your paperwork and Win
- Do not fail to meet the submission deadline
- Play only one card per round (probably one round per day, unless people play their turns quicker)
- You can pass and draw a card instead of playing a card
- No fixed turn order, just to keep things moving
- Play your turn as if the previously played card was a legal move - the bureaucracy will show mercy to you in this circumstance
- All cards played must fulfill all bureaucratic requirements in order to be accepted as a legal play

:getin:, orbs!

(all card images conveniently uploaded here: https://postimg.cc/gallery/pp0vrbS)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous

this is also partly a test-run/practice for running something like this or maybe bigger in Let's Play. i've never done something like this and i want to start with a known friendly audience lol

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

bad guy

###deal me in

this sounds a lot like mao, which i always enjoyed

one wrinkle is that i don't have pms so i don't know how i would submit form 47-J-1902... But i'm sure i'll figure it out

biosterous

this is definitely not mao and was definitely not inspired by mao at all! absolutely nothing to do with that card game that i like!

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

bad guy enters the game

gallery of sigs

he/him

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
##deal me in

:love:

biosterous

Pot Smoke Phoenix enters the game

gallery of sigs

he/him

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

##deal me in

biosterous

your friend sk joins the game

gallery of sigs

he/him

nut

##deal me in

:c00lbutt:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
##deal me in

:c00lbutt:

biosterous

nut joins the game

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

luvcow joins the game

player limit reached, game beings

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

your supervisor reminds you that you need to clock out for lunch breaks and clock back in only once your workstation is booted up and all your programs are loaded

biosterous fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jul 15, 2021

gallery of sigs

he/him

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
playing six of clubs

bad guy

Luvcow posted:

playing six of clubs

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
pass and draw a card

biosterous

Luvcow posted:

playing six of clubs

Luvcow posted:

pass and draw a card

luvcow is penalized for submitting excessive documentation in round 1
your penalty cards:

round 1 is still active

you check your task list and tomorrow you have to put up posters that say "time theft is the worst kind of theft possible"

gallery of sigs

he/him

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

biosterous posted:

you check your task list and tomorrow you have to put up posters that say "time theft is the worst kind of theft possible"

nut

biosterous posted:

round 1 is still active

after clocking out for lunch, I eschew eating in favour of building an elaborate system of strings and pulleys a la freddy got fingered whereby the weight of increasingly more paperwork dropping onto my 'IN' tray propels my fingers to dance randomly across the keyboard, giving the illusion of work (albeit with strings) by the time I've clocked back in.

bad guy

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

sorry I'm late boss, traffic was awful this morning. I play five of spades

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

biosterous

nut posted:

after clocking out for lunch, I eschew eating in favour of building an elaborate system of strings and pulleys a la freddy got fingered whereby the weight of increasingly more paperwork dropping onto my 'IN' tray propels my fingers to dance randomly across the keyboard, giving the illusion of work (albeit with strings) by the time I've clocked back in.

multiple penalties, oh no! this will not help your upcoming performance review
- excessive documentation
- insufficient evidence of felines
- failed to start or continue a poem
your penalty cards:

(5H is no longer in your hand)

your friend sk posted:

sorry I'm late boss, traffic was awful this morning. I play five of spades

- failed to start or continue a poem
your penalty cards:

(5S is no longer in your hand)

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

round 2 begins

you overhear the HR rep telling a coworker not to discuss their wages or benefits with you

gallery of sigs

he/him

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

i put on my headphones to preserve a happy, productive work environment before playing the ace of spades

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

i'm once again stuffing the suggestion box with notes asking that the hr rep be chosen as employee of the month

biosterous

your friend sk posted:

i put on my headphones to preserve a happy, productive work environment before playing the ace of spades

office scuttlebutt says: you currently have no hidden modifiers

:siren: rule ambiguity! loophole detected! :siren:

flipping a coin: tails
the boss is in a bad mood right now
adjudication begins
rolling 2d6 +/- hidden modifiers: 7

results: this is now a legal play, and is precedent for future issues. the HR rep and your supervisor shoot you a dirty look as you walk out of the meeting room

however,

this may have future consequences...

Luvcow posted:

i'm once again stuffing the suggestion box with notes asking that the hr rep be chosen as employee of the month

:siren: brand new rule ambiguity! loophole detected! :siren:

flipping coin: heads
the boss is in a good mood right now
adjudication begins
rolling 2d6 +/- hidden modifiers: 10

results: this is now a legal play, and is precedent for future issues. the regional director gives you a friendly smile and nod as you walk down the hallway

round 2 continues

gallery of sigs

he/him

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

biosterous posted:

results: this is now a legal play, and is precedent for future issues. the HR rep and your supervisor shoot you a dirty look as you walk out of the meeting room

however,

this may have future consequences...

Ninja is modeling my Death is Certain hoodie for me

bad guy

Gonna keep track of my cards right here:

bad guy

biosterous

not an update: if you're on windows you can use autohotkey and this simple thing i made to post the images with less effort

https://pastebin.com/gG8FfWRr

i made this to save myself time and then remembered that it could also save other people's time if i shared it lol

gallery of sigs

he/him

nut

(sorry! yesterday was crazy and I’m having trouble keeping track of my cards on my phone so bear with me!)

I write elaborate explanatory notes about all comments my coworkers make to me (which I dually record with my webcam microphone) about how each is a subtle attack on my character. I keep everything in a folder for HR with a bomb on the cover and only refer to colleagues “threatening to break the tripwire” when they ask me how my weekend was on Monday morning.

biosterous

nut posted:

(sorry! yesterday was crazy and I’m having trouble keeping track of my cards on my phone so bear with me!)

I write elaborate explanatory notes about all comments my coworkers make to me (which I dually record with my webcam microphone) about how each is a subtle attack on my character. I keep everything in a folder for HR with a bomb on the cover and only refer to colleagues “threatening to break the tripwire” when they ask me how my weekend was on Monday morning.

- failure to start or continue a poem

penalty cards:

(ten of diamonds is no longer in your hand)

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

round 3 begins

player's hands

bad guy

pot smoke phoenix

your friend sk

nut

luvcow

in play:

your boss distractedly tells you that there's no budget for bonuses this quarter while playing with his new apple watch

gallery of sigs

he/him

nut

I destroy the men’s room so bad right off the top of the morning that I sneak out the side exit, wait for half an hour then come in to pretend like I just arrived, legitimizing my innocence

then I play the 3 of hearts :twisted:

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

I go to play a card in the bathroom, but it's nasty so i generously let someone else go first

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

i complement the boss's new Apple Watch and say it makes them look amazing then I offer to use my lunch break to clean the bathroom while implicating nut as the one who destroyed it. i speculate that nut is feeling stressed out by work and I offer stay late without pay to look over his work and make sure he's not making any mistakes that are costing the company their well earned profits. while I clean the bathroom I hit my meth pipe so I can stay awake and I cry like toddler while whispering to myself "you deserve this..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

I think out of the box and play the full spade family: jack of spades, queen of spades, and finally the king of spades