Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous

updates delayed until at least tomorrow because my brain is all hurty! thanks, the weather!

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

biosterous posted:

updates delayed until at least tomorrow because my brain is all hurty! thanks, the weather!

going to deputize myself during your absence to make sure productivity doesn't falter

making sure that nut sees me with my home made 'temporary manager" badge proudly displayed next to my clip on tie

nut

Luvcow posted:

going to deputize myself during your absence to make sure productivity doesn't falter

making sure that nut sees me with my home made 'temporary manager" badge proudly displayed next to my clip on tie

i'm hiding a big "marijuana" joint along the inside cover of a big novelty textbook that says "accounting math" on the outside and dipping my head in to smoke (the marijuana joint) in full display of u when the smoke goes up i say ha ha whoah all this job math sure got the circuits burning. burning with love of a job well done i will die for this job u want that? do u want that? excuse me, is that what you want? want me to just lay down here? u could lay with me? we could forget the world

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

nut posted:

i'm hiding a big "marijuana" joint along the inside cover of a big novelty textbook that says "accounting math" on the outside and dipping my head in to smoke (the marijuana joint) in full display of u when the smoke goes up i say ha ha whoah all this job math sure got the circuits burning. burning with love of a job well done i will die for this job u want that? do u want that? excuse me, is that what you want? want me to just lay down here? u could lay with me? we could forget the world

regretting that one day we talked at the vending machine and i talked about going to that snow patrol concert while fighting the urge to complete the lyrics as my hand instinctively raises to do my interpretive dance routine for the song which now that i think about it... it was probably you who found it on my thumb drive and made a gif you posted online that went viral...

race walking to the bathroom with my fists clenched

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

biosterous posted:

All standard protocols delayed; initiating empathy simulation protocol- "Help A Fellow Citizen in Need" and dispense a rolled, illicitly procured marijuana cigarette at the risk of apprehension and correction

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

biosterous

nut posted:

I destroy the men’s room so bad right off the top of the morning that I sneak out the side exit, wait for half an hour then come in to pretend like I just arrived, legitimizing my innocence

then I play the 3 of hearts :twisted:

goodness, this is a doozy of a penalty! almost as big a doozy as someone left in the men's room!

- submitted incorrect documentation
- insufficient evidence of felines
- failure to submit paperwork in triplicate

penalty cards:

(3 of hearts is no longer in your hand

Luvcow posted:

i complement the boss's new Apple Watch and say it makes them look amazing then I offer to use my lunch break to clean the bathroom while implicating nut as the one who destroyed it. i speculate that nut is feeling stressed out by work and I offer stay late without pay to look over his work and make sure he's not making any mistakes that are costing the company their well earned profits. while I clean the bathroom I hit my meth pipe so I can stay awake and I cry like toddler while whispering to myself "you deserve this..."

penalty cards

you notice the regional manager calming the boss down before your weekly standup meeting. regional manager looks pretty stressed out afterwards, though

(6 of diamonds is no longer in your hand)

your friend sk posted:

I think out of the box and play the full spade family: jack of spades, queen of spades, and finally the king of spades

- submitted excessive documentation x2

penalty cards:

(J of spades, Q of spades, and K of spades are no longer in your hand)

office scuttlebutt says that the boss is out to get you

penalty cards:

(A of diamonds is no longer in your hand)

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

in play:

the CFO meets with management for the quarterly finance meeting, and nobody looks happy...

(round 3 still active, waiting on Bad Guy's play or when i next update)

gallery of sigs

he/him

bad guy

:ironicat::catstare::catte::gurf::nyan::cabot:

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

i sit quietly at my desk and resent not being able to invite my family to the work barbeque on Friday

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

biosterous

the cats are a nice addition but not necessary at this time.

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

round 4 begins

player's hands

bad guy

pot smoke phoenix

your friend sk

nut

luvcow

in play:

the quarterly budget is coming up and everyone is on edge

---

side note: one of the special rules still hasn't come up, which i find mildly amusing

gallery of sigs

he/him

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

plus I'm filling out a form c-130-54 with HR demanding nut return my pound puppy stuffy that disappeared from my desk yesterday

bad guy

Ahem

"There once was Apu from the Simpsons..."

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

ten of clubs

posting cards is hard
following rules? even worse
oh well, I'll :justpost:

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

nut

I'm trying to make farting sounds with my armpit and hand whenever luvcow walks by in time with his steps but the greasiness of my liberal application of axe bodyspray instead makes each of his steps sounds like an asthmatic whoosh accompanied by a breeze of tahiti treati (for u and me-ti). i get bored after he passes twice. i am disgusted by the heavy waxy sheen on my hand.

biosterous

Luvcow posted:

plus I'm filling out a form c-130-54 with HR demanding nut return my pound puppy stuffy that disappeared from my desk yesterday

paperwork attempt
- rolling 2d6 plus hidden modifiers: 9

your paperwork is received and is being processed

bad guy posted:

Ahem

"There once was Apu from the Simpsons..."

your friend sk posted:

ten of clubs

posting cards is hard
following rules? even worse
oh well, I'll :justpost:

your haiku is appreciated but not necessary at this time.

nut posted:

I'm trying to make farting sounds with my armpit and hand whenever luvcow walks by in time with his steps but the greasiness of my liberal application of axe bodyspray instead makes each of his steps sounds like an asthmatic whoosh accompanied by a breeze of tahiti treati (for u and me-ti). i get bored after he passes twice. i am disgusted by the heavy waxy sheen on my hand.

HR challenge
- rolling 2d6 + hidden modifiers: 9

the HR rep asks you to maybe cool it a bit with luvcow but doesn't really seem concerned about the situation, mostly just wants the problem off their desk really

in play:

round 4 continues

gallery of sigs

he/him

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

hey boss, is it alright if I play another card this round? I'm hoping to duck out early on Friday to go to my timeshare so I want to get everything finished up early

biosterous

your friend sk posted:

hey boss, is it alright if I play another card this round? I'm hoping to duck out early on Friday to go to my timeshare so I want to get everything finished up early

flipping a coin: tails
the boss is in a bad mood
rolling 2d6 + hidden modifiers: 5

the boss stares at you for an uncomfortably long time before finally saying "no"

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

adhd + griftlands is really good = big delay lol oops

round 4 ends

round 5 begins

player's hands

bad guy

pot smoke phoenix

your friend sk

nut

luvcow

:frogsiren:QUARTERLY BUDGET REVIEW:frogsiren:

goodness you are all over budget! too many cards!

in addition to your usual playing a card, this round you may also:

1. choose one card in one other player's hand and discard it. you can totally do this before they get to play and possibly put them in a bad position card-wise :evilbuddy:
and
2a. discard one card of your cards without playing it. guaranteed success, no consequences, or
2b. attempt office politicking to put your discarded card into someone else's hand instead. not guaranteed, can backfire!

in play:

also, if you won't be able to play for a while or something you can enter Vacation Mode - your current card total will be saved, but your cards will be shuffled back into the deck, and you'll draw new cards when you're back (just say you're back in and you'll be dealt in at the start of the next round). also feel free to sub someone else in to play for you or something!

okay now i'm going to play more griftlands

gallery of sigs

he/him

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
i play my 2 of hearts

i also place my 6,9,Q and A of hearts in nut's lunchbag

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

two of spades, and I file an expense report to get rid of my three of spades

nut

While luvcow is outside of his cubicle, I sneak in and replace his five of clubs with my no-longer-tournament-legal Pot of Greed, discarding his card at the shredder.

Feeling particularly successful, I skip my packed lunch and go to drink alone at Chili's over a blooming onion. Between denying the waiter who repeatedly visits to try and upsell me on chicken crispers, the ice cold water beer, and the heavy scent of the BO, i can't help but be bothered by my six of spades, it reminds me too much of my stepdad darren, who would leave the six of spades as his calling card on his pillow when he spent long nights out with the boys at Dave and Busters with no intention of returning home until the early morn. It will not do. I leave most of my second BO untouched, rushing out the door and back to work before the end of my lunch break.

I scan silently for targets. Aha, bad guy. I sidle up to the door of their cubicle and drop the Chili's customer survey that came with my bill in front of its entrance. Little do they know, my six of spades is taped to the back. Surely, such an opportunity for bureaucratic oversight will not be passed up...

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

nut posted:

While luvcow is outside of his cubicle, I sneak in and replace his five of clubs with my no-longer-tournament-legal Pot of Greed, discarding his card at the shredder.

Feeling particularly successful, I skip my packed lunch and go to drink alone at Chili's over a blooming onion. Between denying the waiter who repeatedly visits to try and upsell me on chicken crispers, the ice cold water beer, and the heavy scent of the BO, i can't help but be bothered by my six of spades, it reminds me too much of my stepdad darren, who would leave the six of spades as his calling card on his pillow when he spent long nights out with the boys at Dave and Busters with no intention of returning home until the early morn. It will not do. I leave most of my second BO untouched, rushing out the door and back to work before the end of my lunch break.

I scan silently for targets. Aha, bad guy. I sidle up to the door of their cubicle and drop the Chili's customer survey that came with my bill in front of its entrance. Little do they know, my six of spades is taped to the back. Surely, such an opportunity for bureaucratic oversight will not be passed up...

lol

bad guy

and I ditch my 3 of Diamonds. I am making this face as I do it:

biosterous

Luvcow posted:

i play my 2 of hearts

i also place my 6,9,Q and A of hearts in nut's lunchbag

- insufficient evidence of felines
- failure to start or continue a poem

penalty cards:

(2H is no longer in your hand)

attempting sneaky delegation:
- rolling 2d6 plus hidden modifiers: 7

you successfully manage to plant the 6 of Hearts in nut's lunchbag during a quiet moment in the break room. unfortunately, before you can get any other cards crammed in there, office snitch and total bore Darrel walks in and starts talking to you about his fishing trip. you put the other three cards back in your pocket and do your best to endure

(this was a total success, but you can only pass off one card per budget meeting, sorry!)

your friend sk posted:

two of spades, and I file an expense report to get rid of my three of spades

- failure to start or continue a poem

penalty card:

(2S is no longer in your hand)

your expense report is received and filed. three minutes before the end of the work day, the bursar finally comes by your cubicle, hands you a cheque for less than you expected, and takes your 3 of Spades

nut posted:

-poor teamwork, did not compliment the previous player
(finally, this finally came up!)
penalty card:

you notice that Darrel has luvcow trapped in the break room with a boring fishing story, and use this opportunity to shred the 5 of clubs. and hey, that's not even an official Konami-published Pot of Greed, that's a knockoff! that's like, doubly not tournament-legal

attempting sneaky delegation:
- rolling 2d6 plus hidden modifiers: 9

the presence of Darrel in the break room makes a trip to chili's seem like an even better idea than it did earlier! you notice former LP mod Geop in a corner booth, sampling a bit of every dish except the blooming onion. weird.

anyway your subterfuge works! the tape you used got a bit greasy due to your BO consumption, so the 6 of Spades falls off the survey pretty quickly, but in conveniently lands right in bad guy's in-box. they'll never suspect it was you!

bad guy posted:

and I ditch my 3 of Diamonds. I am making this face as I do it:

haha, it's that face! the face from the guy from the show, the show that's like your life! it's too relatable! it's too relatable. god your office is so dysfunctional and you don't know how you've held out this long. you stare wistfully at the "hang in there!" kitten poster and toss your 3 of Diamonds onto the nearest printer. someone else's problem now!

(pot smoke phoenix appears to be in Vacation Mode, unless he comes and says otherwise!)

round 5 ends

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

round 6 begins

players cards:

bad guy:

your friend sk:

nut:

luvcow:

you also have a knockoff pot of greed, which you do not have to play in order to win. i don't know what it does in this game! i don't know if you can even play it!

pot smoke phoenix: presumed to be on vacation with 7 cards
(PSP if you come back this round, you've got the 4H, 8H, 3C, 7C, AC, 9D, AS! if you come back later, you'll get 7 cards random cards from the deck)

in play:

gallery of sigs

he/him

nut

it was the most cards right right right

biosterous

nut posted:

it was the most cards right right right

biosterous posted:

- It plays kinda like Crazy 8s

:iiam:

gallery of sigs

he/him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous

the boss is away all week! until next monday, you may (by mutual assent) freely trade any number of cards with any number of players

feel free to make up trade conditions like "i take two of your cards but you take my next three penalty cards" or something! the boss is away! it's a good time to openly drink a beer at your cubicle and wear your shirt untucked and loosen your tie

you can also play a card as usual

gallery of sigs

he/him