Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
CAGE VS STARKS 22 18.33%
CAGE VS HARDY 7 5.83%
PAGE VS DARBY 61 50.83%
THE MAGICAL GIRL VS THE BAD GIRL 11 9.17%
MOX VS KARL 13 10.83%
SAM VS WHEELER 6 5.00%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
So Dark Order is 100% going over, right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Orange Carlisle posted:

I like the new Miro belt and the new Miro catchphrase about defending the belt with other peoples lives or whatever

I dunno about 'the redeemer' though. It's better than 'the best man' because that made him sound like he's always the bridesmaid and never the bride

It adds to the holy violence man thing, I dig it

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Orange Carlisle posted:

I don't think OC is ever going to have problems being over with live crowds

I have a suspicion that OC takes the TNT belt when it's time for Miro to move on

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Archer should probably win next week

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Excited for Andrade and two Ingobernables vs Death Triangle

punchdaily posted:

Something I've noticed about AEW is that, if it seems like they're obviously going for something, they just do it. They don't swerve you to swerve you, they're not going to change poo poo midstream because they feel like it. They only bail when it's obvious something is not working. And it turns out, after watching wrestling for over 20 years where that just doesn't happen, it's really nice!

This is why I think the Dark Cowboys are winning and Kenny is losing to Hangman

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

smarxist posted:

Uno and Stu will get their shot but I don't think they're gonna be the ones to take down The Bucks yet, still feel like it's PnP's time but hey i'd love to be wrong

My thought is they get their shot and lose, teaching Adam it's okay to fail, empowering him to beat Kenny

punchdaily posted:

Dark Order/Elite is your classic Slobs/Snobs angle, which feels like something wrestling is weirdly short on it. Elite debuting their new manager, William Atherton.

I also would have accepted Ted Knight or Paul Gleason.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Jul 15, 2021

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

incredibly satisfying and endearing that the crowd was red-hot for Starks and Yuka, two people who have been out of commission for a while but received a hero's welcome. Starks in particular, who was supposed to be the heel, got a massive pop for that win. Can't wait to have that energy again next week, I really missed how much more intense things are with the crowd behind them.

They were really hot for Sammy, too

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
So I assume Hangman 's partners will be Uno, Dos, and the Beaver Boys

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

sticklefifer posted:

Someone please track down the clip of Excalibur explaining the Magical Girl trope to Jim Ross.

I'm still in the camp of only ever wanting it to be Ibushi. They've gradually been telling the Golden Lovers story for 10 years. Let them somehow end up in the same promotion again, and let Ibushi kick out again when it really counts instead of that one time way back in DDT before Kenny really perfected the move. It's the perfect bookend to their story. They've never built any context for it to be Page; he doesn't have a connection to the OWA, so it doesn't need to be him.

Except that he was 50 yard line with Kenny until Kenny got the OWA. Plus they've made it clear that the OWA is Kenny's big hand-of-god-oh-he-dead move, kicking out of it would make Hangman in a big bad way.

Ibushi's main priority is NJPW right now. They can tell Kenny and Kota's story again after Callis turns on Kenny. Right now the priority is the under contract, clear cut, babyface future of the company guy.

I like the Kota & Kenny story but if continuing it were a priority, Kota would have been on Dynamite.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Pylons posted:

I saw a great idea that it should be number of defenses, rather than weeks. Defend it 5 or so times, you get your own version of the belt.

Kinda like the keys for the dragon gate belt.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
*in a very Scott Hall voice* Chalk another up for the good guys

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
So, is Andrade gonna bring in Ingobernables guys?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Gonna be funny to watch the mental gymnastics when Dynamite gets more viewers overall than RAW.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
What's the plan with Yuta being w/Best Friends

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I'd imagine Hangman's first feud is Miro, heel Christian or heel Archer.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Vince MechMahon posted:

I feel like they should have guys like Christian talk to Matt Hardy about the idea of reinvention when they're signed on. Christian's in ring stuff has all been good to great, but he's so bland right now. I don't think he should go back to 5 second pose, jackass idiot Christian or anything, but there's gotta be an older version of that character he can do that incorporates his history but gives him some kind of new personality hook.

Brood Christian coming right up

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

enigmahfc posted:

"Black, you should never attack a 60-something year old man!, that is very bad and evil!"

literally the next segment is PnP beating up Tully, and 60-something year old man, and that is met with cheers.

Wrestling!

...they didn't hit him at all and literally made a point of saying they wouldn't do that because they respect their elders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Thought this was interesting from today's WO update

quote:

Backroad Entertainment is working on a pro wrestling show which they describe as a cross between Last Chance U and Ultimate Fighter. They are looking for independent wrestlers with a few years experience but have had a rough go with getting noticed and making it. They are also looking for people with interesting family histories or with personal issues they are trying to overcome. The show includes being picked for the cast and being trained by Dustin Rhodes in August in Austin, TX.  For those interested, this is the application to fill out.