Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
CAGE VS STARKS 22 18.33%
CAGE VS HARDY 7 5.83%
PAGE VS DARBY 61 50.83%
THE MAGICAL GIRL VS THE BAD GIRL 11 9.17%
MOX VS KARL 13 10.83%
SAM VS WHEELER 6 5.00%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
That was a fantastic show, definitely brought up memories of early 2020 when everything was firing on all cylinders and the crowd was on fire.

- Great to have Mox back in the mix and it's cool of them to give Archer a big headline match in Dallas

- ANDRADE VS DEATH TRIANGLE YES YES YES

- FTW match kicked rear end, wasn't expecting Ricky to get most of the chants but I'm here for it

- Elite vs Dark Order Survivor Series is gonna rock so hard

- I think Christian's matches are helped a lot by having a real crowd cause even though his workrate isn't what it used to be he's so good at connecting with fans

- Sammy's a star

- Loved how over Yuka was

- Darby/Ethan was incredibly brutal, just a whole bunch of spots that made me go aaaaaaaa

I love wrestling :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Hangman being there to support them when they loses will help him realize that he has friends who care about him and will support him regardless, because that's how he feels about the Dark Order, and that will fill him with the determination and grit he needs to beat Kenny. The power of friendship is going to make him kick out of the OWA.

God wrestling is such anime

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Miro slowly going batshit insane was awesome the bad Billy Mitchell thing was literally one angle

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It warms my heart to see Paul and Mark just kicking back having a good time :unsmith:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Ganso Bomb posted:

The feeling that went through the crowd when Andrade revealed he wanted Death Triangle last night was really something. Everyone around us was immediately loving on board for Andrade vs Fenix, Penta, and PAC.

It's also really smart to put Andrade up with the lucha guys so he can be in there with dudes accustomed to his style as he works off the WWE rust

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

SonicRulez posted:

I guess it's less that I think Lance is absolutely winning as much as I can't understand booking Mox in title matches in back to back weeks and booking Archer in a big title match with a top guy in TX just to have Mox retain like he did vs KA and have Lance lose yet another title match. Like if nothing else, I kinda expect the No DQ stip to be there to protect Mox and it's a lot easier for a top NJPW guy to go over Lance than Mox.

It's to give Archer a headline match in his hometown

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Sounds like that's the peak rather than the average?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

:yeshaha:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Yesssssssssssss :getin:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Trent's injuries this year have really killed Best Friends's momentum. They were on fire all through 2020 and now I feel like they've dropped a ways down the pecking order just cause they've not been around :(

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

sticklefifer posted:

Sure, but when it's pretty widely recognizable art from a deceased AIDS awareness icon, it's a bit of an LGBTQ faux pas if he's just wearing it because it's "obnoxious".

I had no idea those clothes were a thing until it was brought up :shrug:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I think QT will be fine once he's in a new program. Shawn Spears is finally interesting so no one is ruined forever

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
State Farm got Smackdown in Atlanta cancelled the fix is in

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Quantum of Phallus posted:

they're not gonna be able to travel to the UK for years at this rate

They're probably here before the end of the year

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

sba posted:

Have you all considered that every episode of Dynamite is bad unless it features The Acclaimed?

:hmmyes:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Waffleopolis posted:

Would it suck horribly? Also yes.

What the gently caress, no that would own

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

DLC Inc posted:

yeah for real the one thing I'd want to have crossover is the women's division, that's Impact's biggest strength and I'd give anything to see people like Jordynne, Deonna, and Kiera on Dynamite

I'd like them to do a better job of showcasing the talented women they have got before bringing in more to compete for that one TV match a week

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The :pcgaming: discourse :pcgaming:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Thassa future champ right there

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

yea ok posted:

perhaps even That Bitch

:thunkher:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

explosivo posted:

what the hell was that nemeth segment :stare:

I think he's now a serial killer :stare:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lamuella posted:

Everything else was just not great.

It's almost like there's a common link here :thunkher:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The Bucks have been approaching Jay White levels of "I respect what you're doing but I can't loving stand you"

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lamuella posted:

my wife has what I can only describe as "attractive hatred" for him. She doesn't watch much wrestling but will always watch him and cheerfully talk poo poo about him the whole time. He's her favourite and she hates him.

Your wife has a crush on Jay White and doesn't know it. It brings me no pleasure to report this

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Scarf posted:

Cutler is also listed as "Executive Producer of Content" for AEW, so I guess that's a fancy way of saying he basically heads up creative?

That's BTE

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Guillermus posted:

It is Wednesday! :buddy:

My dudes :getin:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I still think Mox is winning but I would be very down for Archer winning and doing a Japan tour where he's back with his Suzuki-gun buds :3:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Is Jake the Snake Suzuki-gun affiliated? :thunkher:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Cerebral Bore posted:

And then he brings his Suzuki-Gun buddies back to America :kheldragar:

This would give me the only part of New Japan I care about at the moment so I'm all for it

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

forkboy84 posted:

Imagine saying you don't care about Shingo Takagi, wrestler of the year

I love Shingo matches, he's just never been a fave :shrug:

Procrastinator posted:

I'm gonna tell sanada about this

SANADA is in time out until he starts winning things :mad:

Cerebral Bore posted:

Give Rarity a break. A diet of microwave burg does terrible things to your mental acuity.

Everyone keeps bullying me :cry::cry::cry:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
AEW's roster is amazing, they don't need Punk

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I am not yearning for Punk but if Tony can get him he absolutely should. If AEW has Daniel Bryan and CM Punk they could legitimately be beating Raw regularly in like a year

They don't need Punk to start beating Raw regularly

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Waffleopolis posted:

8.) Sign Maki Itoh

Ok now I'm on board

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MJeff posted:

I will go one step further.

If he were to become available, AEW should sign Dolph Ziggler. :colbert:

Ban this sick filth

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

sticklefifer posted:

I still have no idea how the ratings work if Abadon is 11-1 and isn't ranked above Stat or Shida.

They work however AEW wants them to work

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

britishbornandbread posted:

I haven't sat down and watched a weekly wrestling show in an age. If Punk signs with Dynamite, I would watch every week. He's the reason I got back into this hell-hobby in 2011.

You should give Dynamite a shot, if you liked the kinda stuff Punk did then you'll dig it :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Realtalk: Punk was a very good worker by the standards of WWE's roster in the early 10s but since then we've had the rise of Omega, Ibushi, Andrade, Fenix, Adam Cole and a whole lot more besides. Even if he was able to perform at his best level after 7 years away he's not going to seem as good as he used to be because the overall quality of wrestling is so much better.