Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
CAGE VS STARKS 22 18.33%
CAGE VS HARDY 7 5.83%
PAGE VS DARBY 61 50.83%
THE MAGICAL GIRL VS THE BAD GIRL 11 9.17%
MOX VS KARL 13 10.83%
SAM VS WHEELER 6 5.00%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

yea ok posted:

What a lovely company.

Me every Wednesday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Yo hey yo...

Dark Order vs The Elite

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I don't want to see the blade use brass knuckles ever again. Shits corny and played out. He should slap a dude with a big ol bone with or without meat on it. Like a tomahawk steak or a Ren fest turkey leg.

I won't hear such disparaging remarks about The Power of the Punch gimmick

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Starks is great. NOLA represent

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

graph posted:

like i dont think ive felt this way about wrestling since 1997-98

I feel like I say this every week. I feel like I'm 12 all over again.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

gently caress that old white man - wish they kicked his rear end for what he did to K-Dawg.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

The past couple posts made me really miss Brodie. I doubt there is an afterlife but if there is I hope he's happy.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN A GOOD PPV, LET ALONE A GOD drat FREE WEEKLY TV SHOW

HOW DO THEY KEEP DOING THIS, HOW DO THEY KEEP IMPROVING?!

HOW?!

Spite

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Remember when that idiot Kenny Omega gave Eddie Kingston a free shot? I wish I could find that video but nothing on youtube.

EDIT:
FOUND IT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bP6ocWyWRTA&t=146s

Shard fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jul 15, 2021

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I read someone say now that Darby was done with Page where does he go from here.

You know what's great about AEW? Literally anywhere is an option that is valid because it's nothing but good options.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'm going to need to start a new timescale for AEW because it just flies by. Including months long events. I looked up that Eddie video and was shocked to find out that happened back in March. Kenny has been champ since Dec but it doesn't feel like half a loving year

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

MJeff posted:

Number.

Number.

NUMBER.

*grabs Ganso Bomb and shakes them*

NUMBER!!!!!

*knocks on your door*

Good evening brother, do you have a moment to hear the good news about NUMBER?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Pretty sad that they had to cheat by booking a bunch of good shows in a row in order to convince fans that this show will be booked well

This made me lol in real life thank you for that. The thing that made me laugh the most is I could see some idiot making this argument unironically.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I just read the Slammaversary results. Oh poo poo :D

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Sir Tonk posted:

oh good now i can finally post this

Dat rear end

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Darby has most likely been hurt more doing skating

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

tao of lmao posted:

I like that Trent? calling out Nemeth’s hollywood trivia bit is what broke him.

It was a 1-2 punch. That was the 2.

The 1 was -1 hitting Nemeth with the Chaos Breaker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDWR7cjYXSM&t=135s

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Whats crazy is none of this is like a secret. WWE has shown it can hold onto a certain base no matter what they do. So why don't they just let the "inmates run the asylum" as it were? Fire all the writers, let the wrestlers sort it out amongst themselves. It would be so easy for WWE to get good again.

But the problem at this point, besides Vince being a crazy control freak, is probably a culture of micromanagement.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

See the easy sell for me is we're saving money off of the writers and our quality will only go up and that will mean more buyers. Content level and all the other WWE bs stays the same. Just let the wrestlers be more natural.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/RealBrittBaker/status/1416926199247515648?s=19

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Pamela Springstein posted:

I still cant buy Bucks being heels. there's nothing menacing about them, they come off as pro wrestling dads to me maybe that's the point.

Matt Hardy making everyone meltdown over an in character promo owns though. bunch a mizzarks out there.

They're heels because they are cocky elitist assholes who think they are the coolest when in reality we are all laughing at the goofy bastards.

It's great!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/BranCutler/status/1417648871736451072?s=19

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

This is the truest thing anyone here has ever posted.

I don't care if Punk gets signed but if he does I KNOW AEW will use him well.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Pylons posted:

https://twitter.com/TommyEnd/status/1417896440991453185?s=19

Maki Itoh/Lance Archer vs. Tommy End/Miyu Yamashita

This is like the opposite of that time Ricochet said he was better than Io. Tommy End's all right.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

maybe that kind of line would burn bridges in the "bury people for not shaking hands" company but everyone in AEW seems pretty chill as long as you don't say hosed up things about them or their families

Who said hosed up things about some or their family?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Pylons posted:

What are the odds of Suzuki showing up tonight?

Non-Zero

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'm real happy with AEW so I'm glad it turned out this way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'm real glad Dynamite is on tonight. Need a pick me up after my house sale fell through