Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free
60 Minutes Presents: The shocking secret behind your teen's kleenex stash

"I thought it was for... well, you know," a mosaic-censored mom tells the interviewer, "but the truth was so much worse. He had a stack of DVDs that were just Sarah McLachlan animal commercials he'd burned."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free
a shirtless heavily tattooed man becomes an internet meme sensation, MR COOL EYES tattooed on his chest, with a crying skull

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free
*gruff, stocky security guard guides my son into the small security office at the back of the store by his shoulder, instructing him to sit down*

I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but we caught your son shoplifting a movie. We're seeing this more and more with kids his age. Just desperate to participate in this... culture... any way they can.

*guard slides a shrinkwrapped copy of Marley and Me onto his desk*

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free
*my hip and cool son comes down stairs wearing a The Cure tour shirt, his C R Y L I F E finger tattoos visible as he runs his hand down the stair rail*

"Morning son! Boo hoo hoo, am I right? Sure am sad today!" I exclaim, while I flip the french toast I'm making for us. He rolls his eyes

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free
*I walk in the living room*

Dad: Oh, hello son! Check this out!

*dad pushes play on record player, the melancholy sounds of Bauhaus drift through our home*

Dad: Pretty great, right? I think I feel a cry coming on! Want to join me?

Me: oh my god dad

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free
*later at the mall, meeting up with my friends in the Cards for Death of Family section in the Hallmark store*

Sorry I'm late guys. My dad was being so crynge. So cryhard, you know?

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free
Joe Camel depicted smoking at a neon lit funeral, leaning against a gravestone that says THE COMPETITION

a single tobacco-tinted tear escapes his sunglasses

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

Buttchocks posted:

Finding a bunch of wadded up tissues next to my son's bed:
"He's just practice crying. A lot."

a worn and dog-eared copy of Playboohoo sticks out from the corner of his mattress

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free
Thread premise, except in the 30s instead of now:

Instead of soda jerks, we have tear jerks, who for a nickel will tell you a tale of how they had to put their beloved family dog down due to rabies

"We got all kindsa cryin' heeeeah!" is the call that rings out over the Boardwalk on a cool Saturday afternoon, "we got dead pets, we got poverty, we got a guy who has a blind daughter who loves drawing pictures, and the pictures look nothing like what they should, but he tells her they're beautiful anyway! Come on in ladies and gentlemen, young and old, one cry for a nickel, three for a dime!"

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

Buttchocks posted:

National Lament's SAD Magazine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

Escape From Noise posted:

Yeah, she's a huge crying influencer, but she got tear duct enlargement surgery, so it's all fake.

what the gently caress

*throws away autographed kleenex box*

never have heroes, folks