Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Didn't we already have this thread? Anyhow, most of the forums already think I'm nuts. Might as well look the part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

blight rhino posted:

hello, folks.

I have much more gray, now

That's an epic beard, man. I've tried to grow my beard long but anytime it gets longer than an inch it feels like I'm rubbing my face on carpet. Welcome to the red haired goon club. Seriously, it's always great to see new faces. I would post more pics but my phone is busted so I can only make grainy images with my laptop.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
A scant four years ago.

I want to go back to looking like this. Pennywise, be careful with your drinking.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Waterbed Wendy posted:

WAaaaaAAASAAAAAAAaaaaaaP!

I hope people remember this joke

I had actually forgotten, which took a long time and I hope to forget again soon.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
This heatwave is going to be the death of me. I heard a lot of thunder today but we still got no rain. There is a hosepipe ban in effect now. I don't think it's rained in almost two weeks and that's crazy where I'm from. We're supposed to have the same climate as Seattle.

My hair feels like greased rope (google it). I had a vivid dream a few nights ago in which I had short hair again. It was a truly liberating experience.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Ancient farmhouse that my great uncle lived in. Fell into disrepair, got fixed up with a zinc roof and steel door. It's where we keep things like left over fencing, chicken feeders, cow trough etc.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Bad news about that, it was 46C here last month.

Sitting Here posted:

Seattle just had a 100+ degree heat wave, sooooooo....

One of my primary school teachers used to talk about the heatwave of '76. He talked about the ground drying out and cracking as if it wasn't something that I would soon see regularly growing up. The next one was in '95 and it was making headlines and was all anyone could talk about. This one is the hottest on record - even though it's admittedly only 33'C.

My dad talks about seeing icicles hanging three feet long in his youth. As a teenager i remember seeing icicles several inches long and thinking they were some kind of novelty.

Several years ago a banana tree in Belfasts botanical gardens bore fruit.

Global warming is loving real and nobody can tell me any different.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Pennywise the Frown posted:

So who's going to start the gofundme to get Valko a better camera?

I'll be getting my phone fixed next week. You will soon all be sick of the sight of me, don't worry.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

bweep boop! posted:

I caved and tried a dating app. The only response I received was someone telling me I looked like I needed therapy?

I have a sinking feeling that this photo will go down in history like barfgoon.

Edit: thoroughly owned

Oh, I saw it before you edited it out. I don't think you have anything to worry about. Just smile! Problem solved IMO.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

TFW you’ve drunk “the beers for the week” on Sunday

I too thought you would have been 10-15 years younger.

Here's me:

Got dressed up today. Having lunch with my parents and brother. Not really something I'm looking forward to.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

You missed a bit.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Literally A Person posted:

It's my bud. Pretty sure it's some sort of muskrat.

I'm going to try your style for a bit:

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
I love every drat one of you. I would post a pic but I've only managed 2-3 hours of sleep for the last fortnight. Giving up smoking and weed is proving more difficult than getting off drink. I know from experience that I should stay away from the forums when I'm agitated like this. See you all in another month.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
I'm really liking the new faces I'm seeing in here that I didn't see (or missed!) in the last thread.

I'm not ready to post a recent pic yet so here's one from a while back.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Elburroman posted:

How do I make this not huge...

Use the tag [timg] instead of [img].

Anyway, wow! Talk about a lurker! I'm really not one to talk. Ten years browsing the forums before registering. Maybe 3 posts in the first year after that.

I can see the changes already, might want to think about changing your username later.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Darth Brooks posted:

I was dressed up for Zoom and thought of this thread. Apologies for the small pic.

Before anyone asks, I'm in my mid 50's.

Looking like a no-nonsense news presenter getting ready to tear some dumbass politician a new rear end in a top hat.

Or maybe an actual professional who knows what he is doing getting ready to tear a dumbass news interviewer a new rear end in a top hat?

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

parity posted:

My favorite photo of me doesn't even feature my face, but that can't be helped. It tells you more about me than any other picture I have possibly could.

It's me getting a stick-n-poke tattoo from a friend I'd just met on a Manhattan park bench. I gave this individual free reign to decide what I was getting, and I ended up with an alchemy symbol from a Vollmann novel signifying urine. When I meet someone from the internet, they often get to do this, and I have yet to experience infection or contract anything from it.

kntfkr posted:

I got a new shirt

Nothing much to say. Just wanted to quote these two n00bz so they don't feel left out. You are not being ignored but appreciated.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Woebin posted:

Is this from, like, the late nineties / early 2000s? I had basically the same hair style back then and at least one friend with that makeup.

5 years ago I shaved my head. That's from four years ago shortly after I turned 35. My midlife crisis was growing my hair long one last time before it might start to fall out. The make-up was done by MS-Paint, when I figured I looked a bit like a red haired Gene Simmons, it's why my tongue is hanging out.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

By popular demand posted:

Congrats! Now please don't die of antibiotics resistant infections, those scare the dickens out of me.

Why? What do you think went wrong at his job interview?

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Just wanted to pop in and say hi to all my gray and balding goon brothers. Who are all younger than me too.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
TBH it is my ambition to one day have gray hair in my temples. I hope to one day maybe look like this:

And take a look at all these images and then I dare any of you to say that these women don't look better naturally gray.

https://greenlemon.me/this-hairdresser-embraces-womens-gray-hair-look-instead-of-hiding-it/

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Crispix finally posts a pic! Gotta say, not what I was expecting.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

UnSmith posted:

I'm a little too paranoid to actually post a pic of myself ON THE INTERNET but as someone with graying temples at 36 I can tell you that it's actually pretty drat sweet. I look a bit like Mr. Fantastic...

I think my hair might fall out before it starts going gray. It happened to my dad, thick hair until he was around 40 - then his crown started to fall out. 15 years later he was a q-ball. And since everyone is now revealing their age... I turned 39 last month.

Posting tax:

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

I'VE BEEN HOARDING THESE FARTS FOR YEARS AND THEY ARE MINE

You're gonna trip and fall one of these days and get punctured. Then you'll fly around like bottle rocket getting ichor and stink everywhere.

Get well soon, MB.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Hiya, goons! Who wants to join me for a nightcap! Ivermectin mixed with closantel for that extra kick!

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

The Bloop posted:

do you drink it or buttchug or what

The bottle says something like 5ml per 10kg body weight, external application. I suppose that means I'm taking it into the shower with me.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Batterypowered7 posted:

Please go post this in the Trumplol thread while you're at it.

Done. Not sure I'm happy with having a pic on the fastest moving thread on the forums. I'm pretty sure there are plenty of chuds lurking that thread.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

I'm not going to show you my face and instead will allow you to judge me via my wood shed:

I encourage wood shed posting.

Not really a wood shed but close. The big bag behind me is full of sticks and I'm sitting on a half empty one.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Bought a new jersey online and I can't get my stupid fat head through it.

XXXL my rear end.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Catastrophe posted:

help im in jail lol

I like this. I want to see more people in there with you. Some of them are in this thread right now.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Spinz posted:

This is a really really good picture
Hang on to it, use I the next time you're in love. Look at that padlock send it to them and say something about they have your heart.

:barf:

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Worf, check your PMs.

Since the thread is slowing down I will post some content. Yes, even after Admiral Handsome up there.

The sun has bleached the front of my hair almost blonde.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Light Gun Man posted:

that's a good catte

are there two active threads like this? somehow i was subbed to both so uhh crosspostin i guess?

This is the new thread, I don't think the other one is still active. It's also uncanny how much your appearance reminds me of myself in some ways.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Light Gun Man posted:

i can see it a little bit. got any family in central IL?

No, I'm from northern Ireland. My mother does have cousins in Florida though.

And here's some content, the last time I was clean shaved with short hair - 4 years ago.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Too tall to be Madsen. I estimate him to be about 6'3 at least.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Don't ask me to eat anymore because recently a lot of people have been posting weight-loss pics. I have gone the opposite direction in recent months.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

snuggle baby luvs hugs posted:

Proud cat dad. Lovin all the fellow long-hairs out there. Hello from Brooklyn

I'm really liking the way this thread encourages lurkers to come out of hiding. High five long-hair buddy.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Hasturtium posted:

From my tour of wine country, around two years ago.

It's been three times already, and now you are going for a fourth? Come on man, look at all the misery it caused you, Bradley and Zach before. It's nice to see you got your tooth fixed, though. I suppose that's the advantage of being a dentist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Hasturtium posted:

Also I don't get the references people are making, but here's me looking less insane with bedhead.

To clear things up I was referencing The Hangover trilogy. (quadrilogy?)