Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Really wish that the strategic conquest mode will have a place in multiplayer, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Are mines, trenches, barbed wire, dragon's teeth and all that back? CoH2's biggest drawback, to me, was the dearth of little gardening tools that your infantry had in the first one. I loved landscaping the battlefield before things turned violent.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

No trenches as far as I can tell but you can drop wire, tank obstacles, sandbags and mines. The normal german force also gets access to concrete bunkers and "fighting positions" which are basically a wooden bunker and some of them can be constructed by their grenadiers. The bunkers severely restrict their already rather poor firepower though.

CuddleCryptid posted:

Yes to wire, mines, tank traps, etc, no to trenches. With the buff to fire from houses and such they probably thought it would be too much. But overall yes, and a lot of units can place them.

While I love trenches, the lack of can be mitigated with some good city maps, yeah. Doesn't sound bad at all.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

CuddleCryptid posted:

It has good gameplay with some somewhat hosed up shaders and audio. The single player is kind of slow since it has a strategic layer to it now but "If you liked CoH2 you'll like this"

Oh, oh, how is the strategic layer? Is it like Dark Crusade?

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

CuddleCryptid posted:

Kind of? It's a node based map where you capture locations that provide upgrades like more squad calls ins and such; you also have things like bombers that you can call in to soften them before you attack. You don't get a lot of global bonuses though like you do in Dark Crusade.

Thanks, so I guess it sorta does what I wanted. Is the campaign coopable or not? They mentioned it in a trailer ages ago, but it doesn't seem like it is?

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

99pct of germs posted:

I wish someone at Relic or any modern RTS maker would copy Rise of Nations campaigns. A non-3D, Risk style, turn based campaign that is simple enough to not be a chore in the late campaign but offers enough replayability to be fun.

As an aside, did that have any multiplayer functionality, that campaign? I remember being able to share the same nation in skirmish, which was fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

CuddleCryptid posted:

It sounds like they are trying to Live Service CoH a bit and that's a batshit idea for this kind of genre. You either end up with a bunch of poorly made maps or new units that have to be added on top of the already shaky house of cards that is the game.

It's always great to put maps and modes in DLC, splitting the already fractured RTS crowd even further.