Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Problem description: My Laptop (HP Notebook 8470p) has been acting slow at times. At first I thought it was our router, but things not necessarily online related have been acting slow as well. One notable exception that isn’t affected is the clock.

Attempted fixes: Full Scan using Microsoft’s Built In Antivirus. Did some defragmenting. Disk Cleanup

Recent changes: Not that I am aware of.

--

Operating system: Windows 10 64 bit

System specs: Intel notebook 8470p
Intel(R) Core (TM) i5-3320M CPU @ 2.60GHz. 2.60 GHz
64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
Product ID: 00330-80000-00000-AA835
Unfortunately, I couldn’t find that sticker you spoke of.

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Update: Recently did the Disc Cleanup I mentioned earlier. Things seem fine so far. But then again, things seemed fine when I did that full scan. I’ll keep you posted.
Edit: got slow again a few seconds later. Later read that it might be a RAM problem, so I’m doing the Memory Diagnostics Tool now.

The man called M fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jul 17, 2021

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Does your particular model have an SSD or an actual HDD? If the latter that would be my primary suspect.