Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

all_purpose_cat_boy
Apr 10, 2007

Anyone know whether this might support freesync? I’ve not seen anything about it and don’t know how feasible it would be. That might help ease any performance issues in games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

all_purpose_cat_boy
Apr 10, 2007

My partner and I like playing split screen / shared screen co op games, but there are frustratingly few games that support it.

I’ve got a steam deck coming soon, and that opens up the possibility of playing networked co op in the same room, so we could play things like halo, deep rock galactic and remnant from the ashes for example.

Does anyone know if there are ways to do this without having to buy multiple copies (or have 2 subs in the case of game pass)? I’ve got stuff across steam, epic and game pass, so interested in stuff that would work on any of those.

Thanks

all_purpose_cat_boy
Apr 10, 2007

Impermanent posted:

Just about anything on steam that supports remote play together should work

Thanks, but if it’s remote play together then we could just play it on the one screen anyway. I was hoping the deck would expand the number of games that could be played co op.
Sounds like it’s just a matter of sucking it up and buying two copies.

all_purpose_cat_boy
Apr 10, 2007

Has anyone managed to run the EA app on steam deck?
I’ve got gamepass, which includes an ea play sub, but only through the ea app. The internet seems to suggest using bottles to run the app, but it is just gives an error while installing.