Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

The only talking mouse in all of Britannia.

Tenkaris posted:

May 28th preorder, got my email and paid for it today. Less than 4 months is pretty good!

Is there any graph of preorder numbers over time? I'm curious if there are more or less preorders happening now.

It seems like it, I had a May 4th preorder (256) and got my email on Monday.

Mega64 posted:

Does the Steam Deck support gameplay recording? It'd be a nice bonus for me if so but also makes sense if that area is limited.

Also, is it possible/how much of a pain is it to play games on other services like EGS/GoG/itch.io?

itch.io even came out with an article!

https://itch.io/blog/393053/how-to-play-itchio-games-on-the-steam-deck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

Science_enthusiast posted:

Long shot and also sorry for n00b question- but has anyone got the gog version of legend of grimrock 2 up and running through the heroic launcher. For me it boots but there is no menu text.

I'm a newb too and had trouble, though when I tried via the lutris launcher it works in desktop mode, but again there's no menu text when I try in gaming mode.

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

Hammer Bro. posted:

[*]Set the Steam App ID: In whatever folder your game's executable exists, you'll need to create a "steam_appid.txt" file whose contents are the numerical Steam App ID, most easily gotten from https://steamdb.info/.

This step doesn't seem to do anything for me, the entry is the same with and without the file (completely blank if you don't have icons/banners). Is there something I need to do to get it to be recognized? Mostly I just want to be able to choose control layouts. I should note this also seems to be true on my regular PC, so I might just be missing something.

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

I got Deathstate since it's Deck Verified but it has a ton of green artifacts during play. Makes it hard to play since green is intentionally the color of enemy bullets. It's mentioned on ProtonDB so that might be a better resource before buying games.

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

Bruegels Fuckbooks posted:

protondb is 100% more reliable than "deck verified or not." I actually recommend getting decky and the protondb badge plugin, that'll put the protondb badge on the game page in the steam deck and make it 100% easier to figure out stuff like whether to roll with proton-ge or not...

This looks very handy, I'll give it a shot. Thank you!

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

Lord Lambeth posted:

I'm just having trouble installing mod organizer, I think it doesn't play nicely with my microsd.

I realize this is a blind suggestion, but is going to be easier to get a functional modset going on a Windows PC, then copying the install folder to the microSD for Steam on the Deck to 'discover'? I did this with some Gamebryo games when I moved between PCs and while I still had to fix some minor things, it was easier than starting from scratch.

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

priznat posted:

I fired up Oxygen Not included last night but the text is way too small for me :corsair:

I need a spare compartment in my Steam Deck case for my reading glasses :corsair:

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

barbecue at the folks posted:

I think I used this guide, reddit link incoming: https://www.reddit.com/r/SteamDeck/comments/vwili3/better_way_to_itchio_on_steam_deck/ You can also set the mouse to work in deck mode if you feel like it. It also gives you pointers for setting up individual games on Steam Rom Manager, but I haven't tried that yet.

I was just about to post this; it works quite well.

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I just hope that they'll have some stock left of the limited edition next year when I can purchase it, 650 is just too much to wrangle right now

Yeah, thread title needs updated.

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

This was kind of cute; the ad for one of GOG.com's weekly sales has someone with a Steam Deck.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

Whoops, didn't see the matching sale on Steam. I didn't find the art but the logo is the same.

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

I was trying to get my GOG version of Grim Dawn working on my (LCD) Deck and it installs fine in desktop mode, plays fine in Lutris in desktop mode, and works once in gaming mode then refuses to get past an initial black screen after that session. I have to uninstall/reinstall to get it to run again in gaming mode but the same thing happens. Any suggestions for me to try?

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

That's fair, I do have games that happens to. The GD devs seem to have both ends updated in this case.

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

BoldFace posted:

I think Lutris automatically downloads the most recent Wine-GE on launch these days, which makes using ProtonUp-Qt unnecessary.

ProtonUp-Qt does supply separate entries for Lutris to use, but I don't know if they're different from the versions already listed. The version numbers are similar so I assume they're not that different. It seems like GE-Proton7-36 is better but I still can't get it to consistently start up from game mode.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

Can you wake it up via connections like outputting to a TV, or with Bluetooth headphones that are already set up? It'll lose charge eventually off power but you're right that there is no way to tell if it's safe enough to open up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

Sir are you under the influence of any deck fumes right now