Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phetz
Nov 7, 2008

Daddy like...
Fun Shoe

Randalor posted:

I finally gave in to temptation and ordered a Steam Deck today. Does anyone happen to know what the actual shipping times are like currently, considering I decided to do this right in the middle of Christmas shipping season?

I ordered mine on December 1 and the original delivery date to SoCal was going to be December 8, but it got delayed in IL and is now coming on the 11th :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phetz
Nov 7, 2008

Daddy like...
Fun Shoe
I've gotten static and at least in Dead Cells' case I've gotten like a 10-second delay between input and audio that stays until I restart. Switching Proton versions has helped but I'd love not having to do that.

Phetz
Nov 7, 2008

Daddy like...
Fun Shoe
Merry Sniffmas all

Phetz
Nov 7, 2008

Daddy like...
Fun Shoe

Detective No. 27 posted:

Been thinking about buying a sling bag. I looked at a few on Amazon but can't figure out which one to go with. Anyone got any suggestions?

I initially got this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B2QRVPGL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's nice and the strap is padded and comfy, though the main pockets are all internal so you need to open it up to get to your accessories if that matters to you. There's a little "secret" zippered sleeve on the back of it that can hold some thinner stuff, probably a wallet or whatever. One weird thing about this one is that it has a strap with a hard plastic buckle to hold the Deck in place. Because the Deck goes into the case face-down, you need to buckle that strap behind the Deck (or leave it unbuckled), otherwise your screen will rest on it during transport and maybe get scratched. Adds a couple seconds to your packing up but otherwise not bad. You can also just cut it off--the deck doesn't like rattle around or whatever if you don't use it. The shell where your deck rests is felt-lined and soft.

A year later I got this popular Tomtoc bag for my Legion Go, but it works just as well for a Deck.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09ZYFV1GD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I like that it has internal zippered pouches, and external zippered pouch, and a removable felt-lined divider shaped to a Deck/Ally/LeGo. The strap is less comfortable than above but otherwise this is my favorite one and my main handheld bag.

Phetz
Nov 7, 2008

Daddy like...
Fun Shoe

Alan_Shore posted:

Is this Steam Deck only chat cos I'm getting my Legion Go Friday and it would be nice to have somewhere to post about it

I love my LeGo! I use it every day and not just for gaming. With the kickstand, it works great as a video/tv/movie screen going under my main monitor while I work.

I recommend joining the Legion Go subreddit if you’re inclined, plenty of performance good tips and troubleshooting if you end up running into weirdness, which you probably will. Have fun!