Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jinkeez
Dec 31, 2008
Has anyone tinkering with the custom boot videos run into an issue where the FIRST half-second of the video is cut off? I'm using a randomizer, and it seems to happen most noticably with the shorter videos (example, the Seinfeld one from Reddit).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jinkeez
Dec 31, 2008

RandolphCarter posted:

Official dock. I guess I’m just curious about upscaling? Are there settings I have to fiddle with, or will it take care of that for me?

Official Dock Talk: I have an official dock, and usually use my deck docked with a large LG TV. There is apparently an issue with some LG sets (maybe others too?) where, when I shut down the deck, and then power it up again next time, it won't output anything to my TV. It almost behaves like the dock thinks it is maintaining a link to the TV but the TV just says no HDMI signal.

If you run into this issue, here's what seems to work around the problem for my setup:

Starting with everything powered off,
1. power on TV
2. unplug dock power adapter, plug it back in
3. power on Deck

I bought a little 6-inch male-female USB-C extender cable that I use to make this easier and avoid wear and tear on the Dock PD port since it gets daily use like this!

Jinkeez
Dec 31, 2008

Detective No. 27 posted:

Been thinking about buying a sling bag. I looked at a few on Amazon but can't figure out which one to go with. Anyone got any suggestions?

This is an overkill suggestion that satisfied my boomer gaming preferences:

I picked up a Rothco Tactical Single Sling Pack With Laser Cut MOLLE. That's the manufacturer link, Google results show stores offering it a bit cheaper.

This size/loaded weight of this pack basically sends me all the way around the horn, back to bringing a gaming laptop with me, but in a scalable, modular way where I can use it handheld, or docked with some->all accessories if there's something for me to hook up to. In the main compartment, I had a local cushion place cut a piece of foam to keep everything in place. The Deck goes in there, inside its OEM case, with enough room to pack a full-size MS Bluetooth keyboard, an XBox controller, and a wireless mouse. The two front pockets hold my power adapter, power bank, one of those little JSAUX stands, a little dock, and the various cables. Yes, this is ridiculous.