Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

sigher posted:

It's funny because I did this for RetroArch on PC already. I have all of my ROMs stored on my OneDrive but one folder is just called "Curated Collection" of all of the poo poo I loved as a kid, I keep that on my PC while the rest of the whole collections I have for consoles are kept in the cloud.

I wouldn't let a kid curate my video games tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

sigher posted:

What? All of those games I grew up with I still love and enjoy,

It was just a joke although games would be the one type of media that I'd probably still enjoy as an adult. Revisiting some of my favorite books and TV shows as a kid wasn't great.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

My wife got her deck today, it's pretty cool.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Big firmware update today apparently, it even warns you that the update will look weird.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Can anybody recommend some good tactical or srpgs too (besides tactics ogre)? Seems like a bunch came out this year.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Yeah, same. The only things I play on my desktop anymore are dominions 5 which is technically playable but in practice requires a mouse and keyboard and Darktide which just runs like crap on the deck.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Vegastar posted:

No the link in the OP does actually go to the Deckmate discord. I think there may have been a mixup there.

It's because we were talking about deckmate and someone asked about discord so the deckmate guy posted the deckmate discord. A bunch of people thought it was the goon deck discord so I guess it made it into the OP too.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

alexandriao posted:

30-40 fps. runs decent and the only stutters ive had are during some loading screens where it doesn't matter.

it helps if you actually read the graphics settings descriptions because e.g. the community recommended deck settings at the moment use the one graphics setting which the description explicitly says uses more graphics memory than the deck has lmao

lol tell me about it. i was reminded that underclocking was working back when we had the firmware update that wiped that setting — "why are these games stuttery and why am i getting such a low fps on them" to "huhhh ok well fine"

What graphics settings do you use cause I'm pretty sure I have everything on low and I get 20 fps on missions with other players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

alexandriao posted:

I render to 1080p because the upscaling looks like rear end and these settings get me about 38-40 fps when plugged in, sometimes during loading it dips into the 20s, and the fog around the planet looks like rear end but ingame everything works fine and well

I'll give it a try, thanks!