Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009
I play my Deck on the train mostly on a slow train internet connection. Sometimes I turn it on and the thing decides it's going to download a huge (for this connection anyway) 250 mb update first. I've already set my regular commute hours to verboten for game downloads. But the firmware is a completely unavoidable big download that takes exactly my entire commute and they're somehow always on my commute day, thursday, so turning it on wednesday evening everything is hunky dory but right now is update time. Can I disable this somehow? This kind of ruins the whole "play anywhere, anytime" feature that a handheld is supposed to provise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

Super No Vacancy posted:

put it in offline mode wednesday evening?

I'd rather play online because of fuckery with achievements and cloud saves some games have... and this way I have to decide before I know if thursday is update time, I can't say "wait, go offline" once it's updating because all the menus are now blocked.

But now I know what my options are, thanks.

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

Fuzz posted:

Also once you share it, link it here or tell us the exact name because I wanna play that poo poo again.

Doesn't Steam have some system for sharing custom controller mappings through Steam Community? This was for the Steam Controller but I can't imagine why they would not keep that for the Deck.

Edit: I guess that's exactly what you're talking about but then I guess my assumption that 100 mappings would already be on there for this game is wrong?

Griefor fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jan 27, 2024

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009
What about the Steam Link and Steam Controller though?