Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
I’ve been holding myself back from getting a Deck for months now, opting for my frugal Moonlight-To-iPad-with-a-controller setup, but this year I won two fantasy football leagues so I’m deciding to finally blow the winnings on something for myself instead of being practical with it like a sucker.

512GB OLED inbound.

How do these things do PC Streaming? Is Moonlight built in or does it default to Steam Remote Play and I’ll have to hack it somehow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Why did I torture myself by ordering a Steam Deck on a Friday afternoon, thus adding a weekend of waiting on top of the regular business day processing?!

I want my instant gratification, damnit!

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Insanite posted:

Def order as early as you can. I’m about to enter day 7 of “item packaged,” shipping pending.

Don’t tell me that poo poo. I’m only on day 2 and I was really hoping it would be here by the weekend.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Insanite posted:

Hoping it’s a a big weekly shipment, in that case.

e: posting complaints always works. just got a shipment prep notification. i'll hope that yours goes out today, too. :yaycloud:

Same here, just got the email! You spoke it into existence you magician.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Deck arrived! Now I just have to finish work and get home.

Does it suspend games as well as the Switch? Having that ability to just hit a couple buttons and be back in a game is incredible.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

History Comes Inside! posted:

What if your arms fall off between now and when the deck arrives

Get your mom to play for you

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
I played through Elden Ring on my PC when it came out and just last night fired it up on my OLED Deck.

It’s absolutely acceptable and ran great, but I would still suggest trying to play it on a better machine with a larger screen. Not because of performance, but solely because it is such a massive and beautiful world with great vistas and landscapes, and playing it on that small screen very much robs you of the appreciation for it.

That and it made Sites of Grace really tough to see in the distance if I didn’t already know where the majority of them were from my first playthrough.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Debuffed posted:

I DO have the issue where after a few minutes I get bad network jitter which to resolve I go into Steam Deck settings, bluetooth screen, then close that screen - but for me, it then smooths out for the rest of the session, even if that session is many hours long. That is the wifi chip going into power saving mode, but for me, when I "wake it up" it doesn't drop back into it again until I put the Deck into sleep mode. Hopefully this gets fixed completely at some point, I've got everything else setup perfectly, this is the only manual intervention I have to do for a workable experience.

Weirdly I have the same issue, but I fix it by just exiting Moonlight on the deck using Start+Select+L1+R1, then immediately load back in. Interesting, I never thought it was related to the wifi chip going into power saving mode but it makes sense.

I guess I’m one of the stooges who still just uses base Moonlight/Sunshine on my OLED deck to launch my PC either into Desktop mode or Big Picture mode and choose games that way. I never got the initiative built up to go load all those Decky shortcuts and HDR hacks. Is it really a huge upgrade visually? I guess I never had anything to compare to so I didn’t know if my “blacks were actually not as black”.

As it stands I don’t mind using it the old fashioned way but I don’t want to limit my deck’s capabilites. That’s half the reason I got the OLED,.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Rolo posted:

Only for the more expensive tiers lol. My cheapo OLED came with a fat case but I got a thin one on Amazon that works well.

Got a link for that Amazon case?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Beastie posted:

I saw this posted on r/SteamDeck the other day. Game looks neat and this was the first time I have heard of it.

https://twitter.com/TheGennadiy/status/1780686063142420878

Very cool!

I’ll still probably stream it but I’m glad they’re open about it and putting in the effort. Moon is up there with Supergiant in my “Studios who I will immediately buy their games” tier of developers.