Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

Doctor Zero posted:

Since it was on sale, I spent an entire $4.25 on Vampire Survivors since everyone here slobbers all over it. It just looked like a Robotron / Smash TV clone so I never bothered with it.

loving hell, I've never been so wrong. You guys are directly responsible for my massive plunge in productivity. :argh:

Yup. Not my sort of game at all but I picked it up due to the recommendations. And that's how i spent the last 3 hours.

Has anyone had luck running Far Cry 4? It's listed as playable in Steam but I get just endless loading or dark screens without any apparent progress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004

Avicus posted:

My 2tb drive from aliexpress arrived today; 1 week turnaround to the UK (ordered on 13th April). Fortunately I've got an NVME enclosure already, so I think I'll go down the cloning route.

(and I'll absolutely remember to remove my microsd card before any tinkering!)

Report how this goes - I've had good luck with AE electronics before but a recommendation is invaluable

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004

Antigravitas posted:

Tbh., I've been in that sort of situation before. There's a reason I carry multiple devices to important presentations. My own presentation laptop, a USB stick with the presentation and a portable version of Libreoffice, a link to the presentation on my own Nextcloud instance…

I totally get being crazy prepared. Customs hosed up your Laptop? Have a backup. Have a backup for your backup. Be prepared to hold your presentation on chalkboard if necessary.

Ditto - multiple copies and formats on multiple volumes. Because something might break, because PowerPoint might not start up or be a weird version, because maybe there's no slot for a USB stick ...

Started playing Volume (stealth game) on the deck and the graphics and text especially are all blurry, like there's a low level of fog. Anyone seen this?

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004

tater_salad posted:

Guys what are the brotato strats here.. I bought it on goon recommendation but like.. the arena's so small and i dont know what I"m doing.

Brotato is absolutely a game you have to look up strategies and walkthroughs for. Nothing is explained, and you have to know how items synergize, how bonuses work, how armor and HP work. I flailed around with it for a while, them looked up help and it was literally a game changer.

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
In the interests of spreading knowledge, Dredge works perfectly on the deck. I think in the store it might be marked as "works" or something else noncommittal. Far Cry 4 doesn't run on the default settings but runs perfectly if you select Proton Experimental, albeit with some small text.

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004

PantsBandit posted:

I've found that most people hit a wall with VS at a certain point, different for each person. But up until you hit that wall it's a drat good time.

That was exactly what happened with me, but I got a lot of play before that point.

Then I discovered Brotato and the end is nowhere in sight ...

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
Anytime had any problem with their Deck battery dying? Suddenly I seem to be getting a lot less playtime on battery. I haven't timed it yet, but the low battery keep surprising me far more than they did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
Latest game reports: I plugged through Sniper 3 and 4. Good looking games, even the now ancient Sniper 3, and both play flawlessly on the Deck. Got Mad Max super cheap and it also plays well, with maybe some rare slowdowns. Enjoying it a lot, although I can maybe understand why it didn't do well - they made a definite decision towards a simple straightforward game, without a huge repertoire of moves and inventory. It works in my opinion, but might have been out of step with the market. It does capture the flavour of Mad Max quite well.