Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Dynamite beat Raw?
Yes, total viewers and demo
In the demo, but not total viewers
No to both
AEW will go out of business by 2022.
View Results

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
We've been talking about ratings for a long time. To briefly recap here are the ratings:

P2: People age 2+. If you are an infant watching wrestling no one knows or cares except when Dave Meltzer quote tweets you for saying he's biased to AEW.
P18-49: "The key demo." This is people aged 18-49, the demo which advertisers pay the most attention to, for the most part. (News stuff is focused on 25-54.)

There are then other important sub demos.
People 18-34
Men 18-34 and Women 18-49

and then there is P 50+ which is old people that advertisers apparently just want to die.

This week AEW beat Raw in men 18-49. In overall viewers they are 600,000 or so behind, but in the key demo, the numbers were .43 for Raw to .40 for AEW. They have beaten hours of Raw in some sub demos before, but this is the first time they've beaten them in men 18-49 which is important. We've discussed the ratings in depth for almost two years now, so let's have some fun with it.

I'm going to hold a contest. The winner will receive either a $10 forums gift card or I'll mail you a small box of random wrestling DVDs you might like. Your choice! But mainly it is for bragging rights to be the ratings champion. If the winner wants I'll write ratings champion on a toy IC belt a friend gave me and send it to you.

What's the contest? Answer the following questions!

1. Will AEW Dynamite beat WWE Raw in the key demo in 2021? (P-18-49)
2. Will AEW beat Raw in P2+ during 2021? (total viewers.)
3. What week of 2021 will Dynamite first beat Raw in the key demo? (If you answered Q1 no, list the week the gap will be closest.)
4. What week of 2021 will Dynamite first beat Raw in overall viewers? (If you answered Q2 no, list the week the gap will be closest.)

As bonus questions feel free to speculate on if AEW will beat Smackdown.

THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND:

Smackdown got a 250,000 total viewers and .1 demo boost in the first show back with crowds. What kind of bump will Raw get and will it sustain?
The Olympics are starting soon. AEW and WWE will go against the Olympics but maybe you think one will be hurt more than the other.
Raw will be going against MNF this fall, but AEW will not.
Rampage will be starting soon, another show could somehow impact Dynamite's ratings positively or negatively.

RULES:

I dunno this is for fun. You must get question 1 right to qualify, Q3 is the tie breaker, Q 2 and 4 are super tie breakers.

We'll cut this off at the end of 2021.

You must post your answers by Friday at 12 Eastern to qualify for the incredible prizes.

Feel free to speculate about ratings too just make sure to label your official predictions in bold!

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jul 20, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Not that I'm saying this will happen, but if it AEW never beats WWE how long does this keep going? Is there some sort of time limit I missed?

Or a more likely scenario, they may beat WWE in the demo but it might take a longer time to beat them in total viewers. When do we call it?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Penguin Patrol posted:

Not that I'm saying this will happen, but if it AEW never beats WWE how long does this keep going? Is there some sort of time limit I missed?

Or a more likely scenario, they may beat WWE in the demo but it might take a longer time to beat them in total viewers. When do we call it?

Sorry I meant to specify this year.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

1. No
2. No
3. Week of November 7-13
4. Week of November 7-13

AEW will not beat SmackDown

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

1) Yes
2) no
3) Sept 22nd - They'll load up the Queens show, Monday Night Football will eat into Raw rating and the bounce back from fans will have evaporated
4) Week of Nov 15th - Monday Night Football will eat in the Raw rating enough for AEW to come close to the overall number

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
1. Yes
2. No
3. 9/22
4. 9/22

Part of me thinks they'll load up the 9/20 Raw enough to win total but not the demo. I don't think AEW will top Smackdown this year.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
If people want to get in I'll take entries until Friday at noon Eastern. Just want to get the guesses in before the second Smackdown before crowds happens.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

1. Yes
2. No
3. Week of August 9th. I think the Dynamite before Rampage is going to be STACKED specifically to draw more people to Rampage.
4. Week of September 13th.

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

1. Yes
2. No
3. Aug 16th
- The buzz from Rampage's debut will bring new eyes onto Dynamite the following week, beating Raw in the demo
4. Nov 15th - A combination of November usually being one of Raw's weaker months and 49ers vs Rams appearing to be one of the stronger MNF matchups this year will do the most damage to Raw's viewership. Raw will still hold on but not by much

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

yes
no
that one nov week
that one nov week

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Would anyone else like to guess some ratings

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

1. yes
2. no
3. september 22nd in queens
4. the 2021 equivalent to winter is coming whatever week in december that occurs this year

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. 9/22
4. 12/01

They’ll get really close to beating Raw on the Queens show, but AEW will do some kind of blowout show to kick off January and that’s the one that ends up beating them. 1.95m

e: they won’t beat smackdown week to week but AEW’s top rating will be higher than Smackdown’s lowest.

Jordan7hm fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jul 23, 2021

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

A Fancy Hat posted:

1. Yes
2. No
3. Week of August 9th. I think the Dynamite before Rampage is going to be STACKED specifically to draw more people to Rampage.
4. Week of September 13th.

This could end up as the winner with how low this week's Raw was.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I cannot believe we might be on the precipice of a winning ticket already.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

karmicknight posted:

I cannot believe we might be on the precipice of a winning ticket already.

I honestly thought it'd take at least till the Queen's show to beat WWE in the demo but given the current trend I would not be shocked if they do it for the Chicago Rampage or the Dynamite after

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
nobody got the week right, though basically everyone was right that it would happen

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i was not right that it would happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Metroid Fitzgerald posted:

1. Yes
2. No
3. Aug 16th
- The buzz from Rampage's debut will bring new eyes onto Dynamite the following week, beating Raw in the demo
4. Nov 15th - A combination of November usually being one of Raw's weaker months and 49ers vs Rams appearing to be one of the stronger MNF matchups this year will do the most damage to Raw's viewership. Raw will still hold on but not by much

Seems like we have a multi way tie for the closest with people guessing 9/22, so that will come down to tie breakers if AEW can beat Raw in viewers... or Metroid Fitzgerald could be declared the winner for having more faith in AEW.

But that's probably unfair so let's see if the tie gets broken!