Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

I was born ready. I'm Ron Fucking Swanson.
Is there any resource online anywhere that will tell me what foods different characters love/hate?

I am really enjoying this so far, but it's pretty tedious replaying a day because it has a unique boss at the end that I want the drop for for the 3 different available difficulties, because it takes WAY longer to replay the day than it ever did in TWEWY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I had a really weird glitch once where I couldn't change pins except from the recommended options but closing the menu and reopening it again it was fine and I could change pins as normal.

Also as far as i'm aware the only limitation for pins is that you can't have multiple with the same input. Otherwise it's totally free form.

I had this same bug happen to me once, was really weird.

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

I have been busy with work so I am behind most of you in the game, doing the first scramble, and I was so paranoid from reading how hard it was for everyone, that I planned my poo poo out, and managed to get up to 79k by the time I finished taking out the second place team.

Now I still have to take out the river dudes and the female team, and I can just do it comfortably with my strong pins.

I basically used the VERY first 2 pins you get since they create combos quickly, and I learned pretty fast that the element of your ultimate attack is based on the element of your last combo, so my combos were elementless which gave me the elementless ultimate, which does a lot of rapid hit which also can trigger combos, so every time I ulted I would get about 8-10 combos in a VERY short span, and my damage per hit was pretty low, so playing it on hard and chaining 4 mammoths before a main enemy dude meant if I hit a x3 on a mammoth, I could get about 6k points on that one fight alone.

It was dangerous and slow, but 3 5 chains got me from 8k points to 79k.

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

Virtue posted:

So I just hit W2D1 and there's apparently a pretty big difficulty spike. I went from level 1 hard button mashing my way to victory to dying to 3x chains on normal. Any general tips I should be thinking about or pin combos to look for?

W1D7 is really good for grinding food bonuses.

If you grab 5 of the frog noise on hard in scramble crossing you face 0 difficult or high hp enemies and get around 20k worth of money each chain.

If you have been focusing a lot on ATK, you are probably low on HP and DEF and squishy as hell, you might need to grind up some defensive stats.

You lost more than 1/4 of your stats when you lost your fourth person, so you need to get some of that back with food.

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

There are only 3 areas in the third one, so you have less areas in which to get the points.

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

For trying to farm drop rate, has anyone figured out the best place to eat at and specifically which things to eat to maximize your chance at a bonus drop rate with minimal gain in fullness?

My people are close to max stats, I just want to get my drop rate up so I can raise my level for some additional survivability.

If someone has compiled a spreadsheet of who loves which foods and what the calorie intake on those foods is I would love to see that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Don't have the game myself but have been watching my boyfriend stream the whole thing, finished it a few nights ago.

I just gotta say.

I still can't stop listening to Unpainted. It's such a good song goddamn.

Both the first game and this one are two of the only games that it's truly worth using headphones when you play them, the soundtrack is so good.

Though I guess if you have a proper switch and not just a lite a normal home audio system would be fine.