Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Rea posted:

No, Beat is still voiced by Crawford Wilson.

I think everyone who returns from the first game has their old VA which is kind of impressive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

W2D6: I forget, is the high score 50k or 500k? Because I’m finding it MUCH easier to rack up points now.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Now this is more like it. Just so I’m aware, there’s never a situation where you have less than 4 members again after Beat joins is there?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Regalingualius posted:

W2D6: I forget, is the high score 50k or 500k? Because I’m finding it MUCH easier to rack up points now.

The first one is correct. You can kind of breeze through it basically, which was nice cause the announcement there was another scramble slam in that very same week almost made me scream, and then it turns out it was the easiest and shortest one. Basically painless. Hell another opportunity to score points comes later if you really need it.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Where can I find this Topo the Ingenious pin I keep hearing about? I've been using Bérangère Lapin as my R button pin for a while, it does decent damage and heals, but I do miss explosives.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

YggiDee posted:

Where can I find this Topo the Ingenious pin I keep hearing about? I've been using Bérangère Lapin as my R button pin for a while, it does decent damage and heals, but I do miss explosives.

Evolve The World Within. It drops from Oi Puffers on Easy. Said pin is not so great cause its AOE is pretty low. But the upgrade is so worth it since it has a much bigger hitbox and heals you more.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

YggiDee posted:

That sounds useful, is Bérangère Lapin something you can buy from a shop or is it a random drop in battle?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Junpei posted:

I love how Rindo is actually able to understand Sho somewhat by just... googling what he says

And then fret kind of just goes with the general vibe of Sho.

The whole starting squad has great chemistry with Sho.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Araxxor posted:

The first one is correct. You can kind of breeze through it basically, which was nice cause the announcement there was another scramble slam in that very same week almost made me scream, and then it turns out it was the easiest and shortest one. Basically painless. Hell another opportunity to score points comes later if you really need it.

Same, and I haven’t even finished the first section yet and I’m already at 48k

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Larryb posted:

That sounds useful, is Bérangère Lapin something you can buy from a shop or is it a random drop in battle?

It drops from Bebop Sharks (the green ones) on easy.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Junpei posted:

I think everyone who returns from the first game has their old VA which is kind of impressive

Correct. (endgame spoilers) They even managed to get Kate Higgins back for Rhyme and Uzuki, after she was absent for Rhyme in KH3D.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
So when do I get my 6th party member? I'm on W3D2? or 3, whichever one is about you rushing to find Iguana Gal

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Rea posted:

Correct. (endgame spoilers) They even managed to get Kate Higgins back for Rhyme and Uzuki, after she was absent for Rhyme in KH3D.

Huh, is there a particular reason why she was the only TWEWY cast member not to reprise her role in KH3D?

Edit: The wiki says that Rhyme’s KH3D actress played her in NEO (her Japanese VA got replaced after the first game as well) but I assume that’s incorrect

Sort of related to voice actor chat, has there been any word as to whether the TWEWY anime is ever getting a dub?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Aug 2, 2021

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Larryb posted:

Huh, is there a particular reason why she was the only TWEWY cast member not to reprise her role in KH3D?

Edit: The wiki says that Rhyme’s KH3D actress played her in NEO (her Japanese VA got replaced after the first game as well) but I assume that’s incorrect

I...swear I saw Kate Higgins credited for Rhyme in the credits when I finished the game, but checking the FMV file for them, they do in fact say Ashley Rose. The hell?

They did Kate Higgins back for Uzuki, at least, I'm not misremembering that.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
How is the music in the sequel somehow better than the original, god drat

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I love how Beat and Fret bond almost immediately

Also as I have both now which is the better Attack + Healing pin, Topo the Ingenious or Bérangère Lapin? I’m leaning more towards the former as its wide blast radius can hit multiple targets at once.

It’s amazing what a difference an extra team member makes. I immediately went from struggling a bit at the start of Week 2 to wrecking poo poo up like I was at the beginning of the game.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Aug 2, 2021

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Pro-tip for Week 2 Day 7: make sure you set aside 8 friend points beforehand. You’ll know exactly why when the time comes.

Also, (W2D6 ending) I love the little detail that even Motoi’s friend ability is literally just a copy of someone else’s :allears:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Out of curiosity, what happens if you choose to split the party during the Scramble Slam on W2D3? I ultimately decided to keep the band together the whole way through.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Fret and Nagi take out the Pureheart turf offscreen while you and Beat have to go fight the Variabeauties. I don't recommend it because fighting with only two dudes is a slog.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

YggiDee posted:

Fret and Nagi take out the Pureheart turf offscreen while you and Beat have to go fight the Variabeauties. I don't recommend it because fighting with only two dudes is a slog.

Yeah that's about what I figured. After fighting with 3 party members slowed down combat a lot, I was not looking forward to the idea of fighting with only 2 people, so I had everyone stay together.

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

So I just hit W2D1 and there's apparently a pretty big difficulty spike. I went from level 1 hard button mashing my way to victory to dying to 3x chains on normal. Any general tips I should be thinking about or pin combos to look for?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I beat the game, only thing I'm let down by is the final boss was insanely easy and kinda dull. I also feel like the writing tripped in a couple points. Nagi was basically the same from start to finish and Shoka betraying you to Shiba didn't make a lot of sense to me. It kind of did that a lot and it felt a little cheap to a extent. Lot of villains going down going 'oh we never wanted Shinjuku destroyed OR Shibuya. We just went with it till we died.

Absolute funniest gag in the game (ending talk) Is Rindo on the scramble going 'I haven't seen you in a month...' and it smash cutting to shoka screaming while Josh zaps her. It was so sudden I laughed. Bigger problems than being online my dude.

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

I was born ready. I'm Ron Fucking Swanson.

Virtue posted:

So I just hit W2D1 and there's apparently a pretty big difficulty spike. I went from level 1 hard button mashing my way to victory to dying to 3x chains on normal. Any general tips I should be thinking about or pin combos to look for?

W1D7 is really good for grinding food bonuses.

If you grab 5 of the frog noise on hard in scramble crossing you face 0 difficult or high hp enemies and get around 20k worth of money each chain.

If you have been focusing a lot on ATK, you are probably low on HP and DEF and squishy as hell, you might need to grind up some defensive stats.

You lost more than 1/4 of your stats when you lost your fourth person, so you need to get some of that back with food.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

YggiDee posted:

So in other words, I made the right choice. Good to know.

Incidentally, there’s never another part of the game from here on where you (have to) fight with less than 4 people again is there?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
There's a couple fights where you're missing one person temporarily, but mostly just one-offs.

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

Mistikman posted:

You lost more than 1/4 of your stats when you lost your fourth person, so you need to get some of that back with food.

Why would you pointlessly grind there when you can just keep playing and get better gear and pins? Also probably another party member?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Good to know, also unless anyone has any recommendations/changes I think I’ve more or less found the pin arsenal that will carry me through the rest of the game:

Rindo: What Can Never Be

Fret: Honor and Sacrifice (though I’m debating swapping it out for Rock ‘n Rock)

Nagi: Topo the Ingenious

Beat: Thunder and Lightning

Basically my current strategy is to fight with one of the face button characters while charging attacks with Rindo and Nagi, that way I quickly can get a 4 way combo going and score a ton of damage/groove points

Larryb fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Aug 2, 2021

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
@Larryb: You'll get two more party members so you can use 6 pins at once in a fight.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Junpei posted:

@Larryb: You'll get two more party members so you can use 6 pins at once in a fight.

Nice, I assume that doesn’t happen until week 3 though?

Also, are there any more Scramble Slams after the second week?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
You get the 5th party member in late week 2, and the last one, middle of week 3.

There's one more Scramble Slam in Week 2.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Junpei posted:

You get the 5th party member in late week 2, and the last one, middle of week 3.

There's one more Scramble Slam in Week 2.

Thanks, I’ve already got some pins in mind for those situations as well (along with once I get the ability to multi-wield)

Speaking of multi-wielding, I assume that only applies to pins of the same button type correct (and once a character is assigned to a specific button nobody else can use it as well without switching pins)?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Aug 2, 2021

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

municipal shrimp posted:

Why would you pointlessly grind there when you can just keep playing and get better gear and pins? Also probably another party member?

Yeah, this exactly.

Virtue posted:

Reevaluate the pins you got, see what gets you combos fast and bear with it for a couple days until you're back at full party. That said, it is always a good idea to eat when possible. You're also close to getting a wallet upgrade, so it's best if you don't sell your pins until then so you can just hit square and get a big payday. W2D3 is when you're going to feel fuckin' swole again.

For actual pin advise, I try to have a good face button that does high damage and has a knockback property to it, it'll say in the description if it ends with knockback. The R2 L2 pins that work best for me are the ones you simply hold to damage the opponent, there's a fire one you might have access to soon or now where a giant circle of fire gets summoned under the target. R1 L1 pins there are two kinds that I love: summons poo poo from the ground to send enemies airbound, or summons poo poo from teh sky to send enemies crashing down. Combined with a good triangle pin, you could end up with a combo that sends the enemy flying, you let go of the R1L1 and cash in damage OR do good damage and keep them airbound even more; enemy can't loving hurt you if they're flying around.
Experiment around, try to see a combination of pins that lets you juggle enemies the longest, if at all possible try to lean towards Rock or Water, imo those are the best Fusion attacks since they can interrupt enemies for a pretty long while.

oh and don't be afraid to just raise your level. Every now and then you'll get a fight you'll need that HP back. It's totally be design that you'll crank it back up for a fight or two, and trying to get that huge loving payoff from doing a hard string on level 1 is a recipe for getting frustrated over a loving hour because god loving dammit the second time I was just ONE hit away from killing it why the gently caress does poison have to do so much damage when i'm level one i wasn't even close to that scorpion aw gently caress i could've gotten so many goddamned pins

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Aug 2, 2021

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yeah, at the beginning of the game I was essentially immortal as I could wipe out enemies faster than they could make a dent in my health. This changed a bit later on but now with my new Week 2 buddy and a pin that both heals me and hits multiple targets at once I’m right back on top again.

Also I personally find Wolf Noise more annoying than sharks and scorpions (especially if your uncaptured party members are out of PP at the time), though the latter can be a pain if they gang up on you.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Aug 2, 2021

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Oh god, I just got Heartthrob Launcher. Its unevolved version was pretty tight, but now it's a beast. Blue bar go UP. I had simply slapped it on Nagi, but seeing how it's working out, I ended up redoing everyone's gear by hand so her ATK was up the roof. Doing chains at level 1 and any scratch I get gets healed by her in a single round of use. Feels so loving good. Gonna give her some more ATK up beef.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
is it actually possibly to dodge the W2D1 boss's eye lasers? drat thing nailed me every time

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

MorningMoon posted:

Oh god, I just got Heartthrob Launcher. Its unevolved version was pretty tight, but now it's a beast. Blue bar go UP. I had simply slapped it on Nagi, but seeing how it's working out, I ended up redoing everyone's gear by hand so her ATK was up the roof. Doing chains at level 1 and any scratch I get gets healed by her in a single round of use. Feels so loving good. Gonna give her some more ATK up beef.

Where can I find this pin?

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Oxxidation posted:

is it actually possibly to dodge the W2D1 boss's eye lasers? drat thing nailed me every time

If you hit the Giga Mr. Mew enough while the lasers are being charged, it'll cancel the attack.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Rea posted:

If you hit the Giga Mr. Mew enough while the lasers are being charged, it'll cancel the attack.

wrong boss. i was talking about the chameleon you fight the day before

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Oxxidation posted:

Yes you can, yes it's really hard.

The thing I found that helps is to watch the target on your character. It'll wiggle around for a while, then the eye will lock on, and shortly after that it'll fire. It's not perfect, but it helps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Oxxidation posted:

wrong boss. i was talking about the chameleon you fight the day before

Yes, but it's ridiculously precise.

You're really just supposed to hit it before it fires