Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

W2D3

I thought I'd made a mistake separating into twos for the last part of the slam but having all four back together again was so cathartic after drawn out duo battles.

Also, I'd spoiled myself that Beat was back in the game but I didn't expect him to be 'Neku'. I loved that twist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Araxxor posted:

Backing up that if you want to trivialize Scramble Slams later and you couldn't be bothered to topscore the first time, come back with Ultimate unlocked. Even while speedrunning you get a ridiculous amount of points.

It's mostly used for plot, sidequests, and basically every single pig noise from then on out requires Shoka to reach.

I'm glad to hear that, I just rushed each one on normal figuring I'd come back to it later.

I'm curious to see how she becomes a party member. . How many party members do you have when you're at another day? I'd rather not hear who if that matters

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Draga posted:

Best voice line in the game.

Nagi's weird noises are one of the best bits of the game for me.

My favorite is Beat's "I feel dat" to Fret saying he feels like they're basically the same person.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Regy Rusty posted:

Anyway game's cool, I just finished Week 2 Day 2 and the instant I heard Beat's voice I was like OH poo poo that was a great moment. I figured something was weird with "Neku's" blonde hair but I didn't see that one coming.

I keep expecting him to take that wig off at some point. That wasn't what I expected his actual hairstyle to look like.

W2D6
I liked the direction they went with Motoi. I was expecting to find out that even Rindo's time travel couldn't save him, but revealing his true colors with more context each time you go back was a really cool twist. Plus Rindo panicked for no reason and Motoi just gets back up anyway!

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Regalingualius posted:

Yeah, and the reveal was being built up after you first met him, since pretty much all of the other Purehearts were shown to be assholes, in direct contrast to his nice guy facade.

That's a valid point with hindsight. I didn't necessarily see that as foreshadowing considering Kanon is nothing but friendly to you while her members were all dicks, unless that's also foreshadowing

Speaking of foreshadowing, regarding the first week's final boss. Those white antlers are meant to portray he's got Plague noise in him, like with Sho and Taboo noise? I'm only on w3d2 so a yes, no or irrelevant is fine

FireWorksWell fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Oct 7, 2021

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Question about W3D2 boss.

What determines who's available during the crucifixion phase? Sometimes Nagi would randomly pop in to help but mostly it was my corner pins that could be used and it wasn't enough to break any of them. I'm sure there's a strategy that doesn't require 300% remix

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Araxxor posted:

I think it might be partially based on your pin setup. That being said, it'll generally be Rindo and Shoka that get spared most of the time.

That's what I noticed, I'll have to have to work for that.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

W3D4

I was getting so hyped up for that tight against Sho, and when I used my remix on him, he went into a t pose where I couldn't even hurt him.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Larryb posted:

Yeah, that’s a common glitch in that fight apparently. Don’t use Killer Remix and you should be fine though

Speaking of whom, the Sho you get during Another Day has the best base stats of any character in the game so I’d highly recommend swapping out your currently weakest member for him (Fret in my case).

I think you also get a unique cutscene if he’s in your party when you take on the secret boss (not completely sure though as I’ve never tried it without him)

I'll keep that in mind, thanks.. Was wondering if he'd come back to the party somehow.

Speaking of Sho, I was wondering when I'd hear Twister again and that moment was worth the wait.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Regalingualius posted:

IIII… Was waiting…

Catchy the first time, then it gets annoying with how quick it is to loop

I hadn't actually heard that, was hoping it was gone. Speaking of original week 1 music, I don't think I've heard Long Dream yet.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

YggiDee posted:

Look, those are both excellent songs, but any week without Three Minutes Clapping is objectively the worst week.

I enjoy most of the remixes but I much prefer the original version.

Arzaac posted:

Yeah, I've currently got my menu music set to Last Call. Great song.

Same, the boss fight where you first hear it made it even better.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Peewi posted:

I like the soundtrack for Neo, but I think I would have liked if there was a version of Give Me All Your Love.

I'm glad someone else feels this.

Wondering if there's a version of Emptiness and

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

It's more I think that line is lifted from Linkin Park's One Step Closer and that makes it really funny to me.

Also trophies are all done outside pins, and I need to get the material pins to buy the fancy perfume bottle from that ritzy store and ryoji's 'lets have fungi'. Dunno where to farm em but I'm so close.

Interesting thing about the psychic rankings is that above angel and a composer and the like there's Fallen Angel and Demon. I don't think we've seen those two in-series yet. Wondering what the ultimate psychic rating in Twewy-verse is.

I thought Mr. H was a fallen angel?

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Finally beat the main story. Haven't had a game's story hit that hard in a long time, but my only regret is watching the trailer a couple days after starting because I was waiting for the destroyed Shibuya and Kubo looking over Rindo with his broken pin.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

One of my favorite bits is Susukichi's texting. Dude's huge hands weren't made for smartphones.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

ChaosArgate posted:

You will probably want to actually wait for a good block of time to do it all.

This. I really enjoyed every aspect of the last day but it will take around an about an hour and a half at the least

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I played maybe half the demo and found it fun enough, but does the combat mostly involve spamming what abilities you have off cooldown or does it get more intricate later?

Adding onto the above, your focus in combat should be on creating 'beatdrops' for combo potential. Spamming is a habit that will screw you over when the difficulty picks up, and you should look for an attack pattern with your pins so that you always have one to use.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

MorningMoon posted:

Susukichi is 19 years old

Wasn't the first game master from the original 18

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Post-game spoilers.
I know it would ruin everything about going back through the chapters but it would have been funny if replaying old chapters accounted for Kubo being exorcised from existence.

MorningMoon posted:

I thought I wouldn't like Rindo and Shoka getting together, but it was so adorable and modern. I loving adore urban scifi/fantasy stuff, so the stuff of her coming back to life but being locked out of her accounts and Rindo just accidentally ignoring her friend requests are a million percent my poo poo. Also can't believe I didn't notice she was Sparrow! By the time W3D7 started I kinda turned off on trying to figure it out and forgot. So loving sweet.

I loved their relationship, but my favorite bit was that Shoka was so ready to keep denying she was Swallow until Rindo said, "You told me in a different timeline" and she was like "drat it!" I liked that Joshua's 'game' only worked because Rindo was too dense to check his inboxes.

Everything about W3D7 was awesome, though. Especially the final boss; dodging to the beat during the fireball phase to build groove was a fun gimmick.

FireWorksWell fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Oct 7, 2021

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

MorningMoon posted:

Joshua's loving game! I immediately thought "SHE'S IN CAT ALLEY!!" and started holding the stick to the left and spamming the circle button to rush over there, then it just kept playing cutscemes lmao

I thought Joshua meant he literally turned Shoka into a cat and Rindo would have to deal

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Junpei posted:

Are the Beat Drop Groove booster passives equally distributed? From what I've seen: There's one for Rindo x Fret, one for Rindo x Shoka, one for Beat x Neku and one for Nagi x Minamimoto

Nagi x Shoka, Fret x Beat, might be missing more but I believe Sho only has one with Nagi.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

A Sometimes Food posted:

There any good like, google sheets for hunting down the last pins/etc you need with locations and poo poo?

Had to go back a bit in the thread, but someone posted a spreadsheet from Reddit.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Wait, is there a trophy involving grafitti?

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

serefin99 posted:

No, but each piece of graffiti directly correlates to a trophy. The graffiti you get for getting all other graffiti correlates to the platinum trophy, which you get for getting all other trophies.

Thanks for the clarification.

Peewi posted:

There's a graffiti for collecting every pin and one for mastering 300 pins. So you have to collect every pin, but you don't quite have to master all of them to get every graffiti.

I can't check right now but wouldn't that discrepancy be because there's a good few pins that can't be mastered? The yen and material pins?

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Larryb posted:

On another note, it’s probably been mentioned before but fun little detail I noticed: in the Ayano fight, she will almost never target Shoka with her crucifixion attack. However, if the latter is in your party during the Another Day rematch Ayano will do so the second the fight starts

love that the justification for the shoulder lizard is that she took Shoka's pet.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Who's everyone's favorite Shinjuku reaper as a aside.

I got Suzy K as mine. Originally I found his 'btw I'm good' twist loving stupid but going back through the game and realizing that no he's been honest the whole time really brought him up. Him testing the twisters in week 1 with Ryoji and following them around to see how they play, the fact that his favorite game is one where he needs to really plan things out and a lot of his actions really do build up to him actually being a pretty on the up and up dude. That and he's hilarious.

Suzy's great for every reason you mentioned but I love his English voice. He's got this smug Gilbert Gottfried energy.

As a fight, going into the Mr. Mew fight with Last Call playing is my favorite boss.

FireWorksWell fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Aug 16, 2021

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

That said ending wise I mentioned it before but lmao at Shibuya getting wiped out twice and Haz having to step in, then Josh showing up at the victory to go 'btw I would of totally stopped it myself if you failed :^) and nuking Shoka before loving off.

I really thought he turned Shoka into a cat, to cap all that off.

FireWorksWell fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Aug 25, 2021

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Larryb posted:

Though at this point I’m starting to think that even if Minamimoto and/or Neku had actually succeeded in shooting Joshua it probably wouldn’t have killed or even hurt him that much (not sure if Angels are flat out immortal or just unimaginably powerful though, at the very least members of their own kind can take them out as evidenced by Haz exorcising Kubo)

I'm curious if there's a big difference between how powerful Haz and Kubo were. Not that we get to actually see Kubo use any of his strength.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Balache404 posted:

Isn't it outright stated by Haz that he was Kubo's direct superior? If that's the case then it makes sense that he would have direct control over Kubo's fate.

Yeah, Haz says as much when Rindo talks to him and your point is correct. I was just curious about whether Kubo could have actually stood his ground if he wasn't tuned down to UG levels; like how bad are power discrepancies for these beings we barely understand?

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Mix. posted:

The jellyfish that aren't fake have the noise symbol visible inside their bodies.

Good to know, now I won't have to obsessively stare at the jellyfish like a jackass to keep track.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Last Celebration posted:

i didn’t mind everyone coming back cause like someone else said it’s a nice change from how depressing and isolated the first game feels come endgame. I don’t feel like Neku or even Beat stole the spotlight away from the NEO crew, but idk if I wanna say anymore right this minute before you actually get to see the ending play out.

And Fret definitely needs some therapy, yeah.

Hell, I think Beat joining helped flesh the NEO crew out. I liked how he and Fret were instantly bros.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

I wish the Three Minutes Clapping remix didn't start off the way it does.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Mirello posted:

so now that they games finally out on pc I'm gonna play. loved the original (especially the story). hows this game? I've heard mixed things, but I'm still excited.

This game's kind of a slow burn in regards to the plot but once the last week hits, it really hits.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Mirello posted:

Oh yeah another question I have is: I watched an LP of the original to get myself reaquinted with the plot. should I also read all of those secret reports (from the original) or nah?

Yeah, it helps provide context for some of the events that happen later in NEO.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Killingyouguy! posted:

I love Shiba. He's so easy to hate, just a really great villain

Perfect mix of smug and unhinged. Doesn't hurt that he's got a great battle theme.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Yes, better than the others you have at that point stat wise.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Yeah I instantly dumped Fret, eventually I'll get those pin mutations.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Supremezero posted:

Bold assumption.

My Fret was much bigger than Sho by the time I picked him up. Thanks for that, Scramble Slam.

Fair enough, I did my scrambles after I got Ultimate. Less painful, but still Scramble Slam.

I'm curious what sets people go for in end-game, I'm mid-80s right now and I've mastered most of the pins I have in my inventory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

What the gently caress

Then again I dropped Shoka and I felt really guilty because she rules as a character.

I like all the party members but Fret was my lowest statwise.