Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

MorningMoon posted:

Do you need 100% for the secret ending?

Nope, just need all the Secret Reports.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

YggiDee posted:

RUDE

(final day spoilers) So I beat Shiba, and I mean I absolutely whipped his rear end, then motherfucking Kubo pops up, laughs evilly, says "Expect the unexpected," and the Switch crashes. The timing was so impeccable I had Flowey-crashing-undertale flashbacks.

I've heard of so many people experiencing this that I have to wonder if they didn't specifically program this for the Switch version.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

If you find it let me know. Put the game down until a list of material pins is out there so I can go step by step and find the 2-3 I'm missing for 100%

Kind of dumb to ask but does 100%ing the noisepedia actually get you one? If so that's where one of the drat things is :v: (I'm only at like 90 something)

100% Noisepedia does nothing. I just got the platinum trophy, which requires all clothing and all pins, and my Noisepedia only has like 89% completion or something like that.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

There's a button you can hit on the Threads screen (Options on PS4, probably Plus on Switch?) that will pull up the list of your abilities. Things that affect the entire party are listed at the top under "Team".

To actually answer your question, though, things that affect status effects, either increasing their frequency or increasing their duration, only ever affect the person equipped with that ability.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Oxxidation posted:

trophy is for 300 pins, there's 333 total

Close. There's 333 pins total, but that includes the yen and material pins. The actual number of masterable pins is 312. Still preferable to needing all of them (especially since I'm somehow missing Fuel To The Fire and don't feel like hunting it down), but not quite as big a cushion as it seems.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

FireWorksWell posted:

Wait, is there a trophy involving grafitti?

No, but each piece of graffiti directly correlates to a trophy. The graffiti you get for getting all other graffiti correlates to the platinum trophy, which you get for getting all other trophies.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Oxxidation posted:

the black cat pin set can only be completed by defeating the secret boss on normal or hard, and if you're having trouble with standard ultimate-mode bosses then that fight will kick your entire skeleton all the way to hokkaido, so that's probably not an option

however, a pin set that includes black cat blade beat soul purvis on hard and shoryu gleam phoenix cantus on hard is outrageous at racking up groove. you'll have swords and cats constantly flying around the arena and passively initiating beatdrops while the rest of your party does their own thing, and both pins also have HP Vampire, so they'll increase your survivability as well

Just FYI, Black Cat Blades does not have HP Vampire. In fact, none of the Black Cat Set have it, not even the actual Light element pin.

On the topic of getting swole, the best way of grinding stats I found was drinking coffee at Hachiko Cafe. They only give +1 ATK or +1 DEF (depending on which you're drinking) each, but at only 80 calories, you can feed each of your party members 12 of them before you get full, and 13 if you're willing to go above 100% fullness. Plus, since you're eating 12 times, that's 12 chances of getting a tasty bonus, which can further increase your stats or even your drop rate.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Regy Rusty posted:

The "ready" above pins is to get your attention that it's about to be useable.

No it isn't. It's used for Mashups/Killer Remix. The more characters that are 'Ready', the more damage your Mashups do and the higher your drop rate bonus from the Killer Remix is. Characters get 'Ready' by involving them in beat drop combos, either starting or continuing them.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Money grinding in this game was just awful, tbh. Hardcore Puffers might be the absolute worst enemy in the game to face.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

hyphz posted:

First we have Susukichi planning to protect the Wicked Twisters, then when they don't comply, trying to erase them instead of just telling them about his plan. I like to think he must be facepalming on the game over screen if you lose to Cervus Cantus.

He was testing you, seeing how strong you are. From the start, he's been testing you. The fight against Cervus Cantus is the last one. If you're strong enough to beat him, then you might be strong enough to beat Shiba. But if you AREN'T strong enough to beat him, then Shiba would wipe the floor with you.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Regalingualius posted:

It’s a lot easier to evolve pins, at least, because only battles level them up now. The only gimmick is that some of them (denoted with ??? in the “can evolve?” info tab) can only be evolved if you max that pin out when a specific party member is equipped with it. There’s lists around online, but they’re extremely spoiler-y.

You don't even need to check a list tbh. Late in the game, you get a social network node that just tells you which party members are need for pin mutations, and all of the mutations are good enough that you can STILL use them even at that point.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

For pins that can only be evolved by specific characters, do they have to be holding the pin when it reaches max level? Or can they equip an already maxed pin and have it evolve?

It has to be on them when it hits max level. On the plus side, though, mutation ONLY cares about that final level, so you can get the pin to one level under max, save, and then just reload and try it on all your party members until you hit the right one.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I feel like I’m struggling to get points in the second Scramble Slam. I’ve conquered two areas (Tower Records and Center Street) and only have 56k points. Seems like I should have way more if I’m gonna hit 400k? I may have made a major error by only doing like 7-8 chain battles for one or two of the special noise, but for 3 of the five so far I’ve done 10 chains. Sometimes I get massive point bonuses when I defeat the Bonus enemy and sometimes I get very little, I can’t really figure out why. Do you get bonus points every time you get a beat drop, in addition to increasing the multiplier?

Each beat drop adds 0.4 to your starting multiplier, which goes up to a maximum of 5x (this is independent of the Bonus enemy; having a 5x multiplier will cause the Bonus enemy to give out 15x the usual points). Also, the points you get from beat drops are determined by the damage of the attack you used, so something like Psychic Shotgun will give you more points than Shockwave.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I’ve been using psychic shotgun and yeah it’s a great finisher. It doesn’t seem like you can start the day over so I’m just going to have to try my best to make up for a slow start.

Worst case scenario, you can ignore the points and just finish the day normally, and then just immediately revisit it to try again.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Araxxor posted:

NEO doesn't care, also once you reach post-game it stops limiting how many pins you can buy for most of the pins in the game.

Yup, the only pins you still can't get multiples of are the ones that require like Axion, Dilaton, etc. since there's a limited number in the entire game for those.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Also, if enemies feel like they have too much health, I would recommend going to your clothes and making sure you don't have any Jinxed items equipped. Jinxed items increase one stat at the expense of another, i.e. increasing your drop rate but you stop receiving EXP. It's very possible you equipped something that lowers your attack, but only recently achieved enough Style to activate that ability.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Deified Data posted:

Speaking of, is the proper way to do it catching one territory noise and then making the biggest possible chain out of it, or does adding more territory noise to your chain increase your modifier at all?

Grab one territory noise and chain as many non-territory noise with it as you can. If you need to, you can leave the area and come back- the territory noise remain erased, but everything else respawns.

Use a pair of weaker pins, like the starting Shockwave and Force Rounds pins, to chain beatdrop comboes. Each combo increases your point multiplier by .4, up to a maximum of x5.

Once you have a x5 multiplier, you need to change things up, because the points you get from beatdrops are actually determined by the damage of the attack you used. So you want to 'drop the beat' with a weak pin, then combo it with a strong, single-hit psych like Massive Hit, Piercing Pillar, or Psychic Shotgun.

Always leave the 'bonus enemy' (the one with a floating x3 on it) for last.

Drop rate does NOT affect point earnings, but difficulty does, so play at your maximum level and your highest difficulty.

You can also chain fights when battling other teams. You have to let the noise catch you, then quickly run to the enemy team member you want to fight. This works exactly like chaining with the territory noise.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I did the optional dive in Another Day but I only got bronze, can I start the day over whenever I want to try again? My characters’ str stats are obviously not good enough so I’d like to grind a little and try again.

Yes. I forget if you have to actually COMPLETE Another Day first, but every time you leave it and come back, it's like you're starting from the beginning and all the events- including optional stuff like the bonus boss- will be reset.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Do you have to beat the super difficult boss to finish Another Day? I had enough FP to unlock Ultimate difficulty but not enough for the boss noise and I don’t wanna attempt the super boss until I’ve increased my characters stats more.

To 'beat' Another Day, all you have to do is beat all the Alpha bosses, which are just harder versions of Iris Cantus, Grus Cantus, Cervus Cantus, and Shiba. The secret boss, the boss rush, and the final Dive are all optional unless you wanna go for 100%.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

YggiDee posted:

Rindo spent a shamefully long span in full Black Honey Chili Cookie (the stats were real good!) and the Pink Press-On Nails give an absurd bonus for how early you can pick them up.

This was my exact experience as well. Honestly, with how good the BHCC stuff was, both in terms of stats and appearance, it makes me really sad they didn't make any pins for that brand.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

I was gonna agree on the Noise list feeling anemic, but that got me to thinking, so I actually just now looked it up- TWEWY and Neo both have less than 100 enemies each, though TWEWY barely breaks 100 if you include the Dissonance Noise from the Switch port.

I do think that maybe they could have backported a couple extra enemies from the first game- for example, I would have LOVED to see the Progfox or the Goth Metal Drake here- but actually seeing the numbers laid out like that makes me feel better about it all.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Kin posted:

Is there a way to fight the bosses again without having to play through whole chapters? Getting the 4 pins from them would be a ballache if there wasn't.

There's a social media node that unlocks the ability to find Blue Noise symbols when scanning; these symbols are different depending on what day you're playing, and allow you to fight the boss of that day without going through all the story. However, not every day has a Blue Noise, and some days that have multiple bosses will only have a Blue Noise for one of them.

Alternatively, in Another Day, talking to Coco will let you go through an ACTUAL boss rush- all the bosses from the main story, fought back to back. This also counts as a chain between them all, which will MASSIVELY boost your chances of getting their drops.

This only leaves the Alpha fights, which, unfortunately, do not have an easy way to grind them. Your best bet is saving before the fight itself, doing the fight, and then reloading your save if you don't get the drop.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Last Celebration posted:

Go Ultimate mode, do what you said otherwise, BUT equip the best single target L/R moves you have, the points noise give are influenced heavily by how hard the killing blow overkill’s them so you wanna do half their HP in a single Grave Marker/flying kick after whittling them away with normal stuff.

It's not just the killing blow, every beatdrop combo you do gives points based on the damage of the pin you used.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

This literally falls entire on Square Enix. They did not advertise this game whatsoever. I saw actual TWEWY fans who didn't even know a sequel had been announced- about a month before it was actually released.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Killingyouguy! posted:

was the original even a chud favourite or do these people just only know that screenshot

The original had the 'welcome to capitalism' line so no, it wasn't. I'd wager that the vast majority of people complaining about Neo's translation never even played the original.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I picked this up after a while to see if I could finish my pin collection. I got to lv 100 and am trying to get gold on the Another Day dive and it seems impossible. My damage output seems very low, I think I wasn’t vigilant enough about eating food as often as possible to raise my characters’ stats because they seem kinda weak now. Everybody’s attack is in the 400-500 range except Rindo who has that crazy sword accessory so his attack is like 600. Is that way too low? Should I just be eating a shitload of ramen bowls to boost everyone’s attack?

Eating certainly couldn't hurt. I think the most efficient Attack boosting food is actually the coffee at Hachiko Cafe, since it's +1 Attack for only 80 calories. This gives you +12 Attack for each character without going above your capacity, or +13 if you decide you want to go a little over. And since you'll be eating so many times, this also gives you a chance for a bunch of Tasty bonuses to increase your other stats as well.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Yes, although it’s kind of weird. I gave Neku a Def Boost IV item and his Defense stat increased and turned green. Same thing when I give a HP boost item to anyone. But when I give him ATK Boost IV which is supposed to increase it 50% but the stat doesn’t change nor does it turn green. It certainly doesn’t seem like he is doing significantly more damage. Same with those other two characters. Really confusing and annoying.

I might try the coffee thing. Everybody has nearly maxed HP and pretty high defense but I also spent a lot of my food money on cans of air to boost style earlier on.

The ATK Boost ability is less 'Attack Boost' and more 'Damage Boost'. It actually applies its multiplier after everything else that increases your damage, which is why it doesn't reflect that change in your stats. Or at least, that's the explanation I heard way long ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Fat Samurai posted:

Decided to pick up the game again after dropping it on the second Scramble. Good plan, except that I still have to do the Scramble.

Do I need top place for anything?

Define 'need'. If you care about trophies or completion, then each Scramble Slam rewards a unique pin for first place. If you just care about progressing the story, you don't even have to place I don't think.

Like Regy said though, you can just come back during the post game and get them easily if you care about them. Like, from experience, I went in with the game's 'ultimate' pin set and with the mindset of just trying to breeze through battles as quick as I could and still ended up getting like the 2nd place prize. If I had tried even a little, I could have easily gotten first place.