Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I'm on week 3 and I'm starting to realise I've neglected the food a bit and I'm not hitting as hard as I used to.

I've found a guide for food efficiency vs calories and cash per attribute, but how does difficult impact things.

It seems like every fight takes off 10% of hunger, but I figure that I might as well level up some pins while I'm at it.

I've not seen a significant difference between easy and hard, (other than pin drops) so, for stat grinding speed, should I just drop things to easy, keep my level high and then chain up 10 enemies in an area to cut down on loading times?

I know I'll need cash to buy more food but the most efficient for atk seems to be some cheap rear end coffee with a low calorie rate so I've got more than enough for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

I've just been using the auto styler to balance things out.

Is there a handy list anywhere to say what I should equip on each character?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

So I'm on week 3 day 6 and while I like the game I can't help but feel like it's kinda cheeply made?

Almost like it's a mobile game ported to consoles.

I think it's the exceptionally low volume of assets like character drawings in cut scenes, the world environment itself and enemy/move variety.

Even the loading feels, I dunno, badly optimised for what it is. Like why does it take as long as it does to load up what's one of maybe ten relatively basic non interactive environments?

Is there a story behind the development? Like was it given to 3 guys to turn around in 6 months or something?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Am i right in thinking that the bonus chapter is just a sort of boss rush mode, just without all the bosses?

Is there a way to fight the bosses again without having to play through whole chapters? Getting the 4 pins from them would be a ballache if there wasn't.

Also, I'm guessing if I'm going for 100% I should pretty much just focus on maxing out the stats first? Do the stats really change things that much or is it mainly down to the pins?

I got style up to max on everyone fairly quickly until the character switch option opened up in the bonus chapter. Kind of a dickish thing to do if you wanted all character stats max given how the restaurants work.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Ah OK thanks for the pointers.

Also, what's the most efficient food to boost the stats?

I've found a guide that lists all food vs calorie requirements and this was handy for maxing out style, however the most efficient item to boost atk is a coffee which only boosts atk and at about a maximum of 11 points or so for each full meter.

Even with all the turbo food clothing I have it still takes a chain of about 5 to empty the meter so doing all of that for just 10 points on atk and nothing else doesn't feel that efficient.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Rea posted:

The guide is right, the drinks from the Hachiko Café are the most efficient you'll get, with regards to stat per calories.

If you don't want to order the same food eleven times per gauge, then the spicy miso ramen at Suzu Slurps over in Dogenzaka will do just fine.

Brutal, even on the earliest chapters it seems to take about 5 minutes to get through a chain of six and buy all the coffee, etc.

My team's at about 300 for atk so to it'll take an hour and a half of grinding to get those 200 stats. My def is only about 150 so there's another 2 hours.

The main reason it's taking that long is because of all the loading which goes back to my earlier post about the quality of the game. For something with so few assets and complexity, just why is there so much loading for everything?

Stylistic choice only goes so far.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Mirello posted:

dude just use cheat engine. I have a cheat that makes hunger 0. even skipping all that grinding I still feel like (just in the story) I'm battling about 4x as much as I want to.

Just started week 3. this game just feels massively padded. tons of mandatory fights everywhere, but the fights are really samey. I also dont really get pins. their power ratings dont seem to matter that much. the shooting ones are generally really week, and the bomb ones are really strong. in terms of dps, it seems like the bomb ones and the dash ones are way way stronger than the other ones. their cool downs arent much longer either. maybe I'm just dumb.

still digging the story. favorite moment so far is when you get the new teammate week 2. thought that was really well done. overall good, just tedious imo.

You know the game isn't a PC exclusive right?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

For pins that require a specific character to evolve:

If you had them on the wrong character when you got it to max level, can you put them on the right character and after the next fight they'll evolve? Or do you have to get a fresh copy of the pin and start again with the right character?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Larryb posted:

Nope, it unfortunately has to be a fresh pin. There’s a social link you can get that shows you which pins evolve with which character but I forget how you get it.

Yeah, I've completed the social network, though that's a frustrating to hear.

Hell, i don't even know if there's a way to see which pins you've got that haven't evolved into another one you've got. Unless i missed it, you can't even sort your pins by pin#.

Talk about a huge pile of clunky bullshit that's just killed my motivation to do any more endgame stuff.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

YggiDee posted:

You can see your pin collection in the menu where all of your collectables are listed.

Yes, but just exactly how does that help you see which pins you've got are failed evolutions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Once you've got that skill when you look at a pin it will show if it can evolve further and who it needs to be on to mutate. It will show this for maxed out pins as well even though you won't be able to mutate them but it will at least tell you what pins you need to grab copies of.

Well yeah that's all well and good. But again. How can you tell if it's a failed evolution?

It doesn't tell you what it'll evolve into in that screen.

They only place I've seen that info ingame is during the actual evolution itself. If it evolves into something named, you already have it. If it's question marks you don't.

Unless there's something on missing from the collections screen I'd have to use a guide to make sure I don't waste time doing pins I already evolved.