Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

Speaking of Underground Korean Hip Hop and Whalesong, the guy doing the S2 sound tracks publishes them on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Wz3O_wV5aQ

Related, the song in the Tunnel of Love from S2E8 is "Wholesome Magic Steady" and the lyrics, as transcribed in the youtube comments section are:

quote:

Will you be my steady (Steady)
My wholesome magic steady (Wholesome magic steady)
I'll conjure you some flowers
We could hold wholesome hands for hours

Will you be my sweetheart (Sweetheart)
My wholesome magic sweetheart (Wholesome magic sweetheart)
All right, boys, get wholesome

epic sax solo

And if you'll be my steady
I hope we never 'part
'Cause you're the only one
I want to be my
Wholesome magic sweetheart

I was so distracted by the visual abomination that was Hooty's Tunnel of Love and Luz trying desperately to dismantle it that I mostly missed that there was a horrible aural component to it as well when I first watched the episode...

I love that the Owl Beast is uncomplicated enough to just want to be rewarded with some tasty voles.

I also love the magical combat scenes in this show -- the Amity / Hunter showdown did not disappoint and I like the more flexible use of abomination magic that we're seeing in season two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

Nephthys posted:

Something people noticed is that one of the first images of the episode is of a book talking about how to make clones with red eyes. The same color as Hunters eyes. After seeing that pointed out I couldn't help but notice that he and Belos have the exact same chip in their ear on top of their other similarities. So I have to wonder how literal 'replacing' Hunter really would be.

If Belos is the same human from the book, maybe he's been absorbing clones for all this time to stay alive. Or he's another clone and changed his eye color somehow.

I'm not convinced that Belos is the author of the book... partially because it seems just too straightforward, partially because why would he have left the book in the library, etc... not sure how his actions fit.

But I do think that Hunter may be intended as a backup body for Belos (and consider the matching ear notch interesting). Hunter seems to have memory of a family, but perhaps that's implanted. Could Belos have been constructed by the author using the same technique (which is hitting the end of its useful lifespan?).

Random observation: Belos' eyes are drawn without reflections. As are those of Kikimora and King (demonic characters), but not of Luz, or any of the Witches (that I'm aware of). Hunter's eyes are in the reflection style. Not sure if there's any significance to any of that...

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

Open Source Idiom posted:

Animation's lead time means something like this is unlikely to happen. Beyond which, this show was too gay to survive under Disney's gentle auspices IMO.

I'm sure the reduced season three is already well underway (at minimum). Presumably if somehow convinced they could decide to go for a fourth season or a movie or something, but I'm assuming that the showrunners, having had *some* notice of their reduced season three, adjusted things to wrap stuff up satisfactorily (ish?) in the allotted time (which perhaps also accounts for the much increased plot density in season two), which may impact the space they have to work in story-wise.

I'm not holding my breath, but who knows, other shows have managed to eke out another season or two after an initial cancellation...

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

There really is no shortage of fantastic fanart for this show (click to embiggen)...

("luzfi hip hop radio" by @NoahSelack on twitter)

("Eclipse Lake" by @clarke_charlize on twitter)

(Most Redrawn Pose of 2x9 by @noxymlp1 on twitter)

(Most Redrawn Pose of 2x9 by @BscDraws on twitter)

(Epic Fight Scene by @MissFafa99 on twitter)

(More Amity vs Hunter by @Antler_Dragon on twitter)

("Hooty drags everyone to therapy" by @feralescapist on twitter)

(Infinity Train Crossover? by @CalicoPikachu on twitter)

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

Oh, I forgot to include Lumity fanart...

One year and one day ago was Grom! Happy Grommiversary!

(by @Antler_Dragon on twitter)

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

Ominous Promo Art from Dana's Twitter...

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

Technowolf posted:

Remember, we saw the Owl Beast's origin in Hooty's Door. It got caught by the Collector, shoved into a scroll that fell into the ocean, washed up on a beach, got picked up and then put up for sale in the night market, where Lillith bought it and used it on Eda.

Whoah I am slow. Totally did not connect the (pretty obvious) dots there.

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

paradoxGentleman posted:

I'm not going to watch it because I haven't touched Amphibia yet (I thiiink I made it as far as episode two before deciding 'yeah this isn't grabbing me', maybe I should give it another chance?) but like I can tell by the link. Is there another thing three minutes before that or...?

Amphibia is a bit of a slow start, focusing on a lot of little slice of life, character and setting building episodes for most of season one. They're fun but not super-deep or particularly heavy with "main storyline" plot (Anne has been transported to the World of Frogs, she's stuck in the valley she landed in until the season changes before she can try to find a way home), except for a couple mid-seasons and end-season Big Plot episodes. I felt that it pays off in Season Two where things pick up the pace, spend the bulk of the time advancing the main story, building on the characters and setting already developed, and ending pretty epicly, setting up a dramatic entry into Season Three (starting in October).

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

An excellent 45 minutes of Owl House.

I'm only sad thinking about how much more they could have done if they had a full regular season to work with.

But happy to see they seem committed to make every second of footage count while wrapping up the story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

That was an enjoyable conclusion and send-off to the series.

I'm bummed that they didn't get the opportunity to do a full season three (or beyond!) but glad they got the chance to wrap stuff up, even if in a rather compressed fashion.