Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Two days until the tournament starts, with the first show being held at 11pm EDT Wednesday night (or Thursday noon JST for all you cool kids). Everyone on the roster is in it except for the Djinn banished to America and the seeding is bonkers so be prepared for some upsets. Miyu Yamashita is the current Princess of Princess champion and biggest badass on the planet but is notoriously bad at tournaments so the question isn't will she win but rather who will beat her (maybe Mizuki, who won last years tournament and is missing her tag partner). Hikari Noa is the current International Princess Champion but has a massive test in the first round in former PoP champ Rika Tatsumi. Also Mui Watanabe and Kaya Toribami have the easiest road to the finals of their block but with Yuki Aino on the other side of their bracket victory is far from guaranteed.

I'll be arranging the fixtures into blocks for easier consumption, and also because the brackets are re-randomised at the semi finals so doing it all on the one brackets will open up unnecessary confusion.

BLOCK A
Miyu Yamashita vs Nao Kakuta
- Winner faces Kamiyu

Pom Harajuku vs Mirai Maiumi
- Winner faces Mizuki

BLOCK B
Moka Miyamoto vs Raku
- Winner faces Maki Itoh

Arisu Endo vs Mahiro Kiryu
- Winner faces Suzume

BLOCK C
Miu Watanabe vs Kaya Toribami
- Winner advances to Block Finals

Yuki Aino vs Yuki Arai
- Winner faces Haruna Neko

BLOCK D
Hikari Noa vs Rika Tatsumi
- Winner faces Hyper Misao

Marika Kobashi vs Nodoka Tenma
- Winner faces Shoko Nakajima

Who are your four finalists? Who will take the whole thing? Where are the loving French? Answers to all this and more on the next exciting episode of Tokyo Joshi Pro Wrestling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I'll be editing in an updated bracket image here after each round finishes, so don't look at this to avoid spoilers

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Aug 15, 2021

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
My final four is Nodoka, Yuki Aino, Maki Itoh, and Miyu, with Nodoka winning the finals.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Miyu vs Suzume
Aino vs Tenma

Tenma over Miyu in the finals

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

my dumb and definitely wrong prediction:

BLOCK A
Miyu Yamashita beats Nao Kakuta
Miyu beats Kamiyu

Mirai Maiumi beats Pom Harajuku
Mizuki beats Mirai

Miyu beats Mizuki

BLOCK B
Moka Miyamoto beats Raku
Maki Itoh beats Moka

Mahiro Kiryu beats Arisu Endo
Suzume beats Kiryu

Suzume beats Itoh. Itoh has a tantrum

BLOCK C
Miu Watanabe beats Kaya Toribami

Yuki Aino beats Yuki Arai
Yuki Aino beats Haruna Neko

Miu Watanabe beats Yuki Aino

BLOCK D
Hikari Noa beats Rika Tatsumi
Hikari Noa beats Hyper Misao

Nodoka Tenma beats Marika Kobashi
In an upset Nodoka Tenma beats Shoko Nakajima

Hikari Noa beats Shoko Nakajima

A vs B: Miyu beats Suzume

C vs D: Miu beats Noa

Final: Miu beats Miyu for the title of Strongest Girl In Japan.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Lamuella posted:

A vs B: Miyu beats Suzume

C vs D: Miu beats Noa

Final: Miu beats Miyu for the title of Strongest Girl In Japan.

Penguin Patrol posted:

Miyu vs Suzume
Aino vs Tenma

Tenma over Miyu in the finals

I like the confidence that re-randomising the brackets at the semis will yield no changes.

Anyways, here's mine. I think it's Kiryu's time to shine, much as I want Moka to somehow make it out of that block Cowgirl Kiryu is my dark horse

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
my final four is Mirai (over Miyu), Suzume (over Itoh, I guess), Misao (over Shoko), Miu (over Yukibowl winner Aino)

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

My 100% correct predictions, after resetting the seeds for the final for we end up with:

Mirai over Aino; Tenma over Suzume. Mirai takes the Tiny Big Beef final.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Oh I forgot about the randomization boo

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Here is my amazing all star bracket

Semis are Itoh over Shoko and Miu over Miyu, with Itoh winning overall and challenging Miyu at Wrestle Princess 2 in October,

Just to show you my outstanding, peerless, incredibly strong predictive skills my predicted winner for last year was........ Natsumi Maki.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

few of these were coinflips

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
god, that would be a really good tournament and outcome. I wish I had the faith in Kamiyu that you do, Sen.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

J-Ro posted:

My 100% correct predictions, after resetting the seeds for the final for we end up with:

Mirai over Aino; Tenma over Suzume. Mirai takes the Tiny Big Beef final.

If it's not Strong Miu taking the W, i'd certainly be happy with a Mirai victory so she can avenge her loss to Miyu from Inspiration

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Left half of round 1 starts in 15 minutes, GDT is here

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3974148

Miyu vs Nao
Pom vs Mirai
Moka vs Raku
Endo vs Kiryu

Plus other matches with the rest of the roster

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

3/4 on predictions for the first show, I believed too hard that our girl was going to get her big win :smith:

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I want Hyper Misao to win the whole thing.

I don't think she will, but I want what I want dammnit!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

BrigadierSensible posted:

I want Hyper Misao to win the whole thing.

I don't think she will, but I want what I want dammnit!
I want Misao to win the DDT Extreme title just for her increasingly complicated match stipulations

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I'd want Misao to win if Sakisama had won her challenge to set up that fated encounter, but for now I'm hoping Mirai wins but expecting Miu to win

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

So far I was right about :

Lamuella posted:

my dumb and definitely wrong prediction:

BLOCK A
Miyu Yamashita beats Nao Kakuta

Mirai Maiumi beats Pom Harajuku

Mahiro Kiryu beats Arisu Endo

I was wrong about :

Lamuella posted:

Moka Miyamoto beats Raku

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Gameday Thread is up!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3974286

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Updated the bracket in the second post. Only 2/4 from me today, my picks are falling apart in front of my eyes, one block is already a write off :negative:

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Nodoka, noooooo~~!! :smith:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

J-Ro posted:

MARIKA, yessss~~!! :sickos:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

I was right about

Lamuella posted:

Miu Watanabe beats Kaya Toribami

Yuki Aino beats Yuki Arai

I was wrong about :

Lamuella posted:

Hikari Noa beats Rika Tatsumi

Nodoka Tenma beats Marika Kobashi

So I'm right about as often as if I'd flipped a coin.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
the only thing that ain't great is that I don't know if Big Kaiju beats the upset machine Marika Kobashi. Otherwise I am technically on track.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
motherfucker. the finals are going to be Maki Itoh vs. Mizuki, aren't they.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

2/3 today, lots of brackets have been busted. Right now forums user IceAgeComing is the only one alive to go 4/4 for semi finalists, but that could change after the end of the second round tomorrow

karmicknight posted:

motherfucker. the finals are going to be Maki Itoh vs. Mizuki, aren't they.

I always assumed the randomisation was legit, condisering they pulled the brackets live on stage for KoD. They could meet in the semi's

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Finally decided to take the plunge after years of promising I would and watched some TJPW. I just finished watching the first batch of matches from the Princess Cup and it was pretty all right.

I have no idea who everyone is (except for a handful of people I'm already familiar with) and that's pretty exciting. Just seeing a bunch of new people doing moves on each other. It's cool.

Don't tell me what everyone is called please, I'll be immune to spoilers for as long as I can remain ignorant.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Welcome friendo, it's always great to have more people watching. Next show is in just over 11 hours from this post if you'd like to watch live

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

TJPW is Good. You'll figure out the characters pretty quickly. The wrestling ranges from quite good to great (with Miyu on the great side) and the character work is always fun.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
This is my introduction to TJPW

SG Bamboo posted:

Welcome friendo, it's always great to have more people watching. Next show is in just over 11 hours from this post if you'd like to watch live
Sounds great, unfortunately I'm pretty sure that's like 7 AM or something so uh... I'll likely be asleep.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
Rika vs Misao has the potential to be my favorite match of the whole tourney. They've got a long history to play off of.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

IGgy IGsen posted:

Finally decided to take the plunge after years of promising I would and watched some TJPW. I just finished watching the first batch of matches from the Princess Cup and it was pretty all right.

I have no idea who everyone is (except for a handful of people I'm already familiar with) and that's pretty exciting. Just seeing a bunch of new people doing moves on each other. It's cool.

Don't tell me what everyone is called please, I'll be immune to spoilers for as long as I can remain ignorant.
Don't worry, most people just call them by nicknames anyway based off what their gear looks like.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

Don't worry, most people just call them by nicknames anyway based off what their gear looks like.

Wait, is her name not Captain Cassowary?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1419123574120402949

Translation thread is up, show starts in 5 minutes. Don't want to step on Pinwiz' toes if they're making a GDT

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

HI Namba :wave:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
big day 4 energy day.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Moka tries her best, corpses anyway

karmicknight