Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anime Bernie Bro
Feb 4, 2020

FUCK MY ASSHOLE, LOL

Smythe posted:

one of the funniest types of horny is the freak who obsessively tracks, records, and ultimately stalks into a restraining order their local news anchor woman

i banged a local kxtv news anchor in a dream the other night and when i woke up i realized she probably hasn't been on the air in a decade or two and probably looks old as poo poo by now

unrelatedly my ex-girlfriend/ex-roommate's ex-boyfriend tried to break into my fuckin house a couple weeks ago, dude is a straight up cholo with a literal loving teardrop tattoo and an undocument mom

man i coulda got on the racist teevee :sigh:

edit: MAN, I COULDA MET THE NEWS ANCHOR LADY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
“CUM”
gently caress my rear end in a top hat, lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Anime Bernie Bro posted:

i banged a local kxtv news anchor in a dream the other night and when i woke up i realized she probably hasn't been on the air in a decade or two and probably looks old as poo poo by now

unrelatedly my ex-girlfriend/ex-roommate's ex-boyfriend tried to break into my fuckin house a couple weeks ago, dude is a straight up cholo with a literal loving teardrop tattoo and an undocument mom

man i coulda got on the racist teevee :sigh:

edit: MAN, I COULDA MET THE NEWS ANCHOR LADY

sounds stressful. sending good vibes my friend

Blame Pyrrhus
May 6, 2003

Me reaping: Well this fucking sucks. What the fuck.
Pillbug
Here in AZ an absolute conspiracy lunatic local newsperson is running for Governor and she is absolutely going to win.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Heated Gaming Moment posted:

“CUM”

Anime Bernie Bro
Feb 4, 2020

FUCK MY ASSHOLE, LOL

Smythe posted:

sounds stressful. sending good vibes my friend

i looked her up she's actually still lookin pretty decent

that hollywood tech must be making its way to our little cowtown

but i read in a psychology journal the other day that you only stress out about stuff like that because you're projecting your own fear of aging

edit: i just remembered that "psychology journal" is a phrase with an actual meaning. i was reading nothing of the sort lmfao.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

it's quite shocking how violent things are (crime up) recently in town. you should check out the local news at 6 -- there's more info there.

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

“CUM”

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Most of our opinion pages out in my hometown (Victorville) come from Orange County. The local opinion letters always read like a rant and raves posting from Craigslist.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

“CUM”

honestly one of the best avs and custom titles on the forums

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Anime Bernie Bro posted:

i looked her up she's actually still lookin pretty decent

that hollywood tech must be making its way to our little cowtown

but i read in a psychology journal the other day that you only stress out about stuff like that because you're projecting your own fear of aging

edit: i just remembered that "psychology journal" is a phrase with an actual meaning. i was reading nothing of the sort lmfao.

its good to read and learn things, and also ensure that your local news anchors of yesteryear are still sexy enough to stalk and harass, if you should so choose that path. well done

Anime Bernie Bro
Feb 4, 2020

FUCK MY ASSHOLE, LOL

Smythe posted:

its good to read and learn things, and also ensure that your local news anchors of yesteryear are still sexy enough to stalk and harass, if you should so choose that path. well done

it's one of those great psychological paradoxes of a patriarchal society that those feminists have written at end's length about some real fuckin sylvia plath poo poo

you feel bad when a dame is too old to be stalkable

but you also feel bad when they get stalked

:shrug:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Smythe posted:

honestly one of the best avs and custom titles on the forums

the YOSPOS bent rearing its non-amberpos head again :redass:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Victory Position posted:

the YOSPOS bent rearing its non-amberpos head again :redass:

i read it in amber !!

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

https://soundcloud.com/citationsneeded/episode-54-local-crime-reporting-as-racist-police-stenography

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

In Training posted:

it's quite shocking how violent things are (crime up) recently in town. you should check out the local news at 6 -- there's more info there.

[dark souls NPC laugh]

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

Atrocious Joe posted:

Someone please help me figure out what is going on with Community Activist Andrew Holmes in Chicago. He's always on the news, but I'm not sure what he does, besides get involved in car crashes? These are all separate incidents.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9gM9vE1lY4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxa_TdL2QWA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoTSyG-ZvgY

And give out Easter baskets?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjdYggFPSxQ

lol, cool guy.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
on the flip side being totally unplugged from your community is a bad thing and the fact that <40s dont read the local newspaper (or digitally) and only read big state/national news fed to them by the dying networks and google news algorithms, is going to accelerate corporate fascism

Relin has issued a correction as of 13:40 on Jul 25, 2021

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Local News isn't community news, some weird neonazi printing leaflets in their garage and dropping them off everywhere is community news.

Backcountry
Jan 16, 2009
I like Jorge Estevez and Jovita Moore (get well soon!) with Channel 2 Action News in Atlanta.

And the reason they are reporting people getting shot in their cars while driving on the interstate around town is because people are really getting shot in their cars on the interstates while driving through town :shrug:

Backcountry has issued a correction as of 14:07 on Jul 25, 2021

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Relin posted:

on the flip side being totally unplugged from your community is a bad thing and the fact that <40s dont read the local newspaper (or digitally) and only read big state/national news fed to them by the dying networks and google news algorithms, is going to accelerate corporate fascism

Local news is owned by the same company, and all hires opinion section writers from local slumlords and small businesses tyrants, most of them don’t even need to apply the thin veneer of identity politics and diversity that national outlets (most of them based in NY) do.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Colonel Cancer posted:

Local News isn't community news, some weird neonazi printing leaflets in their garage and dropping them off everywhere is community news.

local newspaper often prints op-eds from a guy who ran for city council around here on a platform of "We have to stop communism NOW" lol

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Relin posted:

All local news is dying or dead and what's left is fully nationalized in scope

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
one time my local newspaper updated their "national" news page but they left all the coding stuff in that shows how every single story was an itemized option that they purchased through the corporate overlords. "Flooding in Louisiana - $150.00" "Woke mob destroys statue - $200.00"

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Last time I watched local news it was in a hotel in it was in Mesa, AZ and it was about how MS13 is invading because (as far as I could tell) Joe Arpaio was out of office.

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

I enjoy the pragmatic reporting of Jackie Cain.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
I like to watch local news on broadcast television lol :corsair:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
that’s where u get the good car chases

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTTGAHhIQZ0

"We're just reporting the news! If black kids wanna get into car accidents, it's not our fault. If it bleeds, it leads!"

Would it be better if the local news never reported on black people ever again

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Smythe posted:

i read it in amber !!

it's the best one :twisted:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Victory Position posted:

it's the best one :twisted:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

local news is so horrific, that one of the best villains in a film in the past decade was a guy who wanted to be really good at it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWoqEHt-M7A

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nightcrawler kicks rear end.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
lol have any of you cocksuckers ever worked for local news? video or print. it’s badass btw

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Smythe posted:

lol have any of you cocksuckers ever worked for local news? video or print. it’s badass btw

Do you get to meet the babes who do the weather?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Smythe posted:

i read it in amber !!

That's hosed up. Does amber know?

In Training posted:

Nightcrawler kicks rear end.

zero knowledge
Apr 27, 2008
here's one from my local piece of poo poo Hearst paper: Cryptocurrency has a 'bro' problem. Women in the field say they can disrupt the bitcoin brotherhood

It's a great example of how uncritical and credulous coverage of the tech industry in Silicon Valley is and of how trivial idpol stuff obscures real issues and generates cheap heat from liberal audiences. What kind of demented idiot looks into Bitcoin and concludes that the problem with this thing is not enough girlbosses leaning in? next in the chron: "the loan sharking and human trafficking industries have a 'toxic masculinity dudebro' problem. Can we disrupt it with some black girl magic?"

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

Smythe posted:

yea I made graphs and charts

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Do you get to meet the babes who do the weather?

NO

Mr. Sharps posted:

yea I made graphs and charts

badass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Bernie Bro
Feb 4, 2020

FUCK MY ASSHOLE, LOL

Spazmo posted:

next in the chron: "the loan sharking and human trafficking industries have a 'toxic masculinity dudebro' problem. Can we disrupt it with some black girl magic?"

that sounds like a sick-rear end blaxploitation movie man

edit: probably dial down the human trafficking a little bit